Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Audi S3 Leasing

joeyb82joeyb82 Member Posts: 10
edited May 2016 in Audi
Hi! My first time on the forum.

I ordered a 16 Audi S3 and it is scheduled for delivery in about a week or so. I recently went to the dealership to talk numbers. I attached a sheet to this discussion for reference. I don't feel like I am getting a good enough deal. I asked my guy to explain and once again he sped through the number leaving out the details. I had him write down the residual and MF for the month of may. I want to be at or around 450 on my payment, but my cutoff is 500. Of course he started at 500. Any wiggle room to get this down to 450 without putting any money down? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BTW - 36/12k
I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Best Answers

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    joeyb82 said:

Hi! My first time on the forum.

I ordered a 16 Audi S3 and it is scheduled for delivery in about a week or so. I recently went to the dealership to talk numbers. I attached a sheet to this discussion for reference. I don't feel like I am getting a good enough deal. I asked my guy to explain and once again he sped through the number leaving out the details. I had him write down the residual and MF for the month of may. I want to be at or around 450 on my payment, but my cutoff is 500. Of course he started at 500. Any wiggle room to get this down to 450 without putting any money down? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BTW - 36/12k
    I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I think this has been addressed in the other discussion you posted in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• joeyb82joeyb82 Member Posts: 10
    Michaell, thanks for the response. Seems like a lot of people turn to you for valuable advice. Given the details above, what do you think.
    Also, do you know if the tax is paid upfront or if it is included in the monthly payment. We are 10% here in Alleghany County. :(
  • joeyb82joeyb82 Member Posts: 10
    Kyfdx - thanks for the response. That is what I thought, but when I saw that amount 2287.49 (taxes) it threw me off.  Wonder why it is on that sheet if the tax is included in the payment. Should it not be there?  This is my first time attempting to lease, so I'm just confused as can be. 
    Thx in advance. 

• penski3penski3 Member Posts: 6
    Interested in leasing a 2016 s3 (36m 12k). If I were to put down (total=tax,fees,first month...) $3000 on a adjusted selling price of around $45,000 (give or take $1000). What could I expect my monthly payment to be about ? 

penski3 said:

Interested in leasing a 2016 s3 (36m 12k). If I were to put down (total=tax,fees,first month...) $3000 on a adjusted selling price of around $45,000 (give or take $1000). What could I expect my monthly payment to be about ? 

What state and sales tax rate?

What trim level?

What is the MSRP?

Without this information, we'd only be guessing at what the payment is?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited July 2016
    Sorry ,
    Live in NYC but will most likey use a Nj dealer
    Premium plus
    Msrp: $48,725
    Sepang blue
    Black optics
    S sport seats
    Led lighting
    Bang and olufsen
    penski3 said:

Sorry ,
    Live in NYC but will most likey use a Nj dealer
    Premium plus
    Msrp: $48,725
    Sepang blue
    Black optics
    S sport seats
    Led lighting
    Bang and olufsen

.00006 and 54% for 36/12 on S3 Premium Plus.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get $523/mo. This assumes you pay all taxes and fees up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks alot for the info and quick response .
  • njnova87njnova87 Member Posts: 5
    Hi just came back from Audi. I received a letter in the mail about my current S4. Letter states (lucky me) that I can have 3,000 off sticker on an S4, waive the 350 disposition fee and "avoid additional mileage penalties" - they have estimated that I will be over my mileage by 8892 at .25 per mile.

Its doubtful that I will be over that much but I am at 4K over on a lease that expires in December. Nowhere does it say that I don't have to make my remaining monthly payments, I assume they will be rolled into the new lease.

They say they have no more S4s anywhere to be found but that they will "honor" the letter on an S3. So I asked for the numbers.

The quote was as follows:
    MSRP - 49,645
    Cap Cost 46,705
    MF - .00026 (very low)
    Residual Value - 55%
    Out of pocket 2,163 (Should have gotten a breakdown)
    Payment was 625 per month
    In NJ where the sales tax is 7%

They said nothing about Audi Loyalty or summer of Audi but the salesman said that would be included in the 3K off the sticker price.

I did my own quick math and came up with $550. If I could get them to lower the down payment to 1,500 and give me the two incentives plus the 3K. I think I can get the deal down to 514 a month.

Do their numbers look right?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    njnova87 said:

Hi just came back from Audi. I received a letter in the mail about my current S4. Letter states (lucky me) that I can have 3,000 off sticker on an S4, waive the 350 disposition fee and "avoid additional mileage penalties" - they have estimated that I will be over my mileage by 8892 at .25 per mile.

Its doubtful that I will be over that much but I am at 4K over on a lease that expires in December. Nowhere does it say that I don't have to make my remaining monthly payments, I assume they will be rolled into the new lease.

They say they have no more S4s anywhere to be found but that they will "honor" the letter on an S3. So I asked for the numbers.

The quote was as follows:
    MSRP - 49,645
    Cap Cost 46,705
    MF - .00026 (very low)
    Residual Value - 55%
    Out of pocket 2,163 (Should have gotten a breakdown)
    Payment was 625 per month
    In NJ where the sales tax is 7%

They said nothing about Audi Loyalty or summer of Audi but the salesman said that would be included in the 3K off the sticker price.

I did my own quick math and came up with $550. If I could get them to lower the down payment to 1,500 and give me the two incentives plus the 3K. I think I can get the deal down to 514 a month.

Do their numbers look right?

There is a $1250 Summer of Audi incentive + $500 loyalty incentive. Your $3000 off is starting to look a little puny.

What is the term and mileage allowance on this deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, sorry. 36 month and 10K.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    njnova87 said:

Oh, sorry. 36 month and 10K.

.00006 MF and 55% residual

I get $558 with that CAP cost. As you can see, even though their money factor is very low, it's still marked up over the base rate.

Doesn't look like anything special.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ok. Thank you.

Always amazes me on how, working with the same set of numbers you can have a 70 per month difference.
This discussion has been closed.