Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Financing Question

kevina1kevina1 Member Posts: 11
edited January 21 in Honda
Hi.
Purchased a car through Honda financing from a Honda dealer. They slipped in a $500 administrative fee. Any opinions on what is a reasonable charge for this considering they are a Honda Dealer?

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    kevina1 said:

Hi.
    Purchased a car through Honda financing from a Honda dealer. They slipped in a $500 administrative fee. Any opinions on what is a reasonable charge for this considering they are a Honda Dealer?

I doubt the administrative fee has anything to do with the financing. It's probably the same jacked up dealer fee they put on every deal. Which state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kevina1kevina1 Member Posts: 11
    New Hampshire, we purchased two cars and they both already had a $295 dealer prep administrative fee we paid. When we came in to sign the finance paperwork it itemized a $500 administrative fee for financing. I'm asking this question because It showed this on the on the original but strangley the copies we got were different and showed $500 more for the car cost and the itemized fee line was n/a.
  • 1percent1percent Member Posts: 44

I’m up for option on my 2019 Odyssey lease. What is a great rate I should try to get?

1percent said:

I’m up for option on my 2019 Odyssey lease. What is a great rate I should try to get?

Most captive lease banks don't offer great rates on buyouts. They aren't required to offer any financing, if they so choose. Shop around for your own financing, before contacting Honda Finance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Most captive lease banks don't offer great rates on buyouts. They aren't required to offer any financing, if they so choose. Shop around for your own financing, before contacting Honda Finance.

Do I pay sales tax in TX on original sale price or the option price? Trying to yank all their BS fees out of the deal.

1percent said:

@kyfdx said:

Do I pay sales tax in TX on original sale price or the option price? Trying to yank all their BS fees out of the deal.

Sales tax in TX should be on the buyout amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:

6%?

1percent said:

@kyfdx said:

6%?

6.25%, I think

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

They are saying I have to refinance through the dealer to get it out of Honda Lease trust. Is that accurate? So I’m screwed on the rate because they can do whatever they want?

1percent said:

They are saying I have to refinance through the dealer to get it out of Honda Lease trust. Is that accurate? So I’m screwed on the rate because they can do whatever they want?

Many captive banks require you to run the purchase through the dealer, but that doesn't mean you have to accept their financing. It's no different than buying any car, in that you can shop on your own for financing, and bring them a check.

In general, though, dealers may have access to better rates than you can find on your own.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2022

What are title costs?

1percent said:

What are title costs?

Sorry, I don't have that info for each state

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    kyfdx said:

1percent said:

What are title costs?

Sorry, I don't have that info for each state
    I'm sure a quick Google search for "Texas title costs" will direct you to a helpful website.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Cpt35Cpt35 Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of buying a Honda.
This discussion has been closed.