Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Kia Optima Price Paid + Buying Experience

uprocesseduprocessed Member Posts: 26
edited February 2017 in Kia
With the 2016 models hitting dealerships, post the trim level you purchased and price paid (and note taxes, dealer fees if you post your total out the door price).

Comments

• Options
    mikesidmikesid Member Posts: 29
    I just purchased a 2016 Optima SX with tech package. I paid $32,994. Sales tax is 6% but I did trade in my old car and they gave me $3,900 for it and they charged sales tax after applying the $3,900.

Dealer fee was $699

They also had an additional $1,000 rebate and 0% finance for 66 months. I ended of financing $31853 at the end of the day.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats!

What area of the country are you in?
  • Options
    South Florida. I purchased the car in Sunrise, FL. Great buying experience. Easiest one I've done. The only thing i had to do was wait for the car since they had to get my color from another dealer.
  • Options
    Ah, that helps explain the dealer fee.
  • Options
    Is the dealer fee higher or lower?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    That's not all that bad for Florida actually. Some dealers charge closer to $1,000.

Some states limit the fees ($80 max in California for example).

This Florida Toyota dealer tells it straight.

• Options
    Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    So bottom line: what is a fair price to offer on a 2016 SXL? The dealer has agreed to the 4000 lease cash. I just spent 5 hours in a different dealership fighting their stupid tactics with vin etching and gap insurance(which they insisted I need to buy because it isn't covered in the lease, which from everything i can tell, it is), etc, and it sapped my will to live. My goal is to go to this other dealership and walk out with the car without fighting any more than I have to, so I want to offer the salesman a price that will not be robbing them, but that I can feel good about, and I don't want to waste another 5 hours of my life haggling.

Is 30k plus normal fees and TTL (34k price plus 4k lease rebate) a fair deal?  First time buying a new car and first time leasing, so I'm a bit noob here. Thanks!
  • Options
    pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    Also, I'd like tinted windows on the car. I'll ask them to throw in tinting, but if they don't bite, I'd like to get them to do it at their cost and charge me. My reasoning is that if it is included in the deal, I won't have to worry about it at lease turn in because it will be in the contract and they can't charge me.  Is this smart or ignorance? I know it is a lot cheaper to get aftermarket than even at dealer cost. I live in Northern Cali, btw.  Same question about the homelink garage door opener RVM (Honda includes that as part of the car so it irks me to have to pay extra) and remote start, neither of which are deal breakers but both would be nice and I don't want to have to uninstall them in 3 years or face charges from an over zealous lease inspector.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Any dealer info when 17's will be arriving on lots ? Dealer in S.C. told me in July probably by end of Oct.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    leasackleasack Member Posts: 113
    Deals on the '16 optima are insane. Anyone else looking?
  • Options
    leasack said:

Deals on the '16 optima are insane. Anyone else looking?

insane which way ???

I know with any blue 2016 sonata's that are left here in NY, NJ, CT, area dealers will only go 500 below invoice maybe a couple hundred less if your buying that day. I emailed 10 dealers telling each 2k below invoice on specific models gets my business asap.

• Options
    Is this the case because of the massive incentive? Many of the Kia dealerships I've seen in my area still have New optima inventory on 2014 and 2015 models. I'm thinking that if one waits towards the end of the month, better negotiating power will be had on msrp. 
  • Options
    Once the 17's start rolling in you will have greater price leverage

• Options
    The Incentives $3000 to $3500 do help recoup a lot of the year old models depreciation costs. 1 yr depreciation on any 2016 Sonata is terrible.

• Options
    The numbers I've been given from this site in my location is RV 54% for 2016 optima turbo, 57% for base hybrid, and EX 56%. That ain't shabby
  • Options
    Getting a lease score or 13.2 on the deal. Optima LX Turbo, msrp 25240, negotiated price 22900 (9-10% off mspr), $2150 down (includes acquisition fee), $169/month for 24month. Sealing the deal next few days. This is for a 24month/15k miles. Thanks everyone for their help and guidance here!
  • Options
    Update: I managed to convince a different dealer to match. The new deal is LX turbo msrp 28170 (this has technology package), sale price 15% off, 24mo/15k Mile, $2150 down includes acquisition fee, first month, taxes, $173/mos
    lease hack score of 15

thanks again to everyone here for their help!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    leasack said:

Update: I managed to convince a different dealer to match. The new deal is LX turbo msrp 28170 (this has technology package), sale price 15% off, 24mo/15k Mile, $2150 down includes acquisition fee, first month, taxes, $173/mos
    lease hack score of 15

thanks again to everyone here for their help!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you kyfdx. "Power to the People"
  • Options
    pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    Hey folks.

Working a deal to purchase a 2016 EX with premium package down here in south Florida. 
    These are my numbers so far. 

This is with all incentives and not taking the special APR. 

car build date august 2016, seems last Ines to roll off as 2016. 

MSRP: $30,090

Purchase price : $23,090

Dealer fee: $789

Transfer tag: $250

Taxes: $1,689.03

Total out the door: $25,818.03

Thoughts.