Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Difficulty starting

jfarnumjfarnum Member Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in Cadillac
I just purchased a used 2007 CTS. So far every time we've filled the car with gas (only 3 times) it won't start. It takes at a minimum of 3 attempts and each attempt is last for a while. It just turns over and over and sounds like it is not getting any gas. Then it finally kicks in.

This only happens when we put gas in it. Otherwise it fires up first time every time.

Could it be filling up with vapors that the engine needs to purge somehow prior to actual fuel getting through?

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,742
    jfarnum said:

Could it be filling up with vapors that the engine needs to purge somehow prior to actual fuel getting through?

Well, yes. This is a common symptom that can be caused by the purge valve sticking open. Are there any trouble codes setting for the evaporative system such as purge when not commanded, or evaporative small leak?

• jfarnumjfarnum Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I forgot the Code # but it led me to purchase a Purge Valve and a Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid. The only issue is I can't seem to find where the Vapor Canister Solenoid goes.

I presume it goes in the Canister but where is this located?
  • jfarnumjfarnum Member Posts: 4
    The code was 0496
  • Caddy09ctsCaddy09cts Member Posts: 1
    issue with intermittent starting, sometimes it starts and other times you get nothing but a click.
    battery is new,
    Also the key would get stuck and not release. ????