Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What is causing the water leaking inside my expedition from the inside top porting of the rear hatch

bthomas679bthomas679 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Ford
I recently bought a used 2006 Ford Expedition Limited and i noticed after a car wash there was water pooling on the floor at the base of my rear liftgate. After that i tested and poured some water over the rear hatch window and noticed water dripping inside from the top portion of the hatch window. I replaced the rear hatch window myself but still water leaked in at the top. It seems that there is not enough connecting/pressure between the rear hatch glass and the weather strip. Also the rear hatch glasst doesn't sit evenly on both sides. Could the glass hatch be warped? Are the hatch hinges the problem? The hinges work fine but don't seem to be completely flush when the hatch glass is down. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you,

Answers

• alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Member Posts: 339
    I'd be looking at the weather stripping first. Did it leak before you replaced the glass?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Any record of accidents? Do you have a VIN # so we can check for you?