Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

lease on Mercedes Benz 2016 GLE

SutherSuther Member Posts: 7
edited August 2016 in Mercedes-Benz
Have lease numbers in my hand and they seem high but dealer is wiggling out of telling me the MF on a GLE other than "it's lower than the GLC". They have a '16 GLE I like or a '17 GLC. I am hoping to get a better deal on GLE although I'd be happy in either car.
I'm in Central Florida looking at a RWD GLE fairly loaded. 36/12

here's what I have:

MRSP: 62,160
Selling Price: 57,591
Tag, Tire disposal, battery fee: 200
Pre-Delivery service: 797
Acq fee: 1095
Gross cap cost: 59683
residual value: 33566
Trade allowance (they would take my current lease a Sequoia off my hands) 32,400
Cash cap Reduction 867
Net Cap cost: 59682.84 (shouldn't this be 58816?? GCC - Cash cap red??)
Down Payment: 867 (said as low as they go)

giving me a lease payment range of $867-877 depending on credit score, mine is good,

Seems waaay high esp for the 2016. they are really squirreling away from telling me MF.

I think the selling price should be lower, they did not adjust for cash cap as far as I can can tel and as salesman just texted me "but we gave you $5000 off car" I'm betting they jacked the MF here. Which I did point blank ask him, no response yet.

I'd love some help figuring out what a decent deal should be!!

PS and if you think this is bad you should see what the Ford/Lincoln guy sent me!! BWAAHAHAHA

Best Answer

Answers

• SutherSuther Member Posts: 7
    salesman just texted a MF of .00099
    Thank you! I am calling two other dealerships now. I did text the local dealer about them marking the MF up, I'll see what he says. Do you happen to know the MF and Res on a 2016 and 2017 GLC? The RWD one, MSRP for the '17 $48075
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    Suther said:

Thank you! I am calling two other dealerships now. I did text the local dealer about them marking the MF up, I'll see what he says. Do you happen to know the MF and Res on a 2016 and 2017 GLC? The RWD one, MSRP for the '17 $48075

36/12 numbers
    2016 GLC RWD - .00131 and 58%
    2017 GLC RWD - .00153 and 59%

Don't talk about specific MF numbers - simply tell them you aren't signing a deal with an inflated MF. Be polite. They know what the base rate is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Will do I'm on it, thanks for your help!!
    new dealer has responded:
    MRSP: 60360
    After discount: 5400.65
    tax: 117.51
    Tag and title: 351.50
    Doc fee: 699
    Total 56,269.57

0 down for a 36/12 lease. Monthly payments of $767.
    By my math with the numbers you provided I get a payment of $694. Have emailed asking about buying out my current lease.
    Seems like much better numbers but still an inflated MF?
    Suther said:

new dealer has responded:
    MRSP: 60360
    After discount: 5400.65
    tax: 117.51
    Tag and title: 351.50
    Doc fee: 699
    Total 56,269.57

0 down for a 36/12 lease. Monthly payments of $767.
    By my math with the numbers you provided I get a payment of $694. Have emailed asking about buying out my current lease.
    Seems like much better numbers but still an inflated MF?

This is still for the GLE?

I get $701/mo plus tax with those prices and the base MF

MF may still be marked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Yes sorry, that's a GLE. They are pricing me a GLC too. I told him I thought the MF was elevated and he is supposed to check out what's going on and get back to me this am. Was far more amiable than other dealer, which I told him and he said well we are the #1 dealer in the entire south and #4 in the country. They purposely keep things transparent. I'm hoping they will correct the MF.
    Suther said:

Yes sorry, that's a GLE. They are pricing me a GLC too. I told him I thought the MF was elevated and he is supposed to check out what's going on and get back to me this am. Was far more amiable than other dealer, which I told him and he said well we are the #1 dealer in the entire south and #4 in the country. They purposely keep things transparent. I'm hoping they will correct the MF.

Let's hope so ... many dealers, when confronted with a knowledgeable buyer, will revert to the base MF to make the sale. And, work harder to make it up on the next customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well they showed me the MF and residual which were exactly what you said but payment still comes out to 767. Apparently other fees in there they did not break out, (like the $1095 acq fee) but he said he would print out the whole thing for me to see if I would like. Looks like I'll be heading to Tampa to do a deal. Thanks for your help!!
    Suther said:

Well they showed me the MF and residual which were exactly what you said but payment still comes out to 767. Apparently other fees in there they did not break out, (like the $1095 acq fee) but he said he would print out the whole thing for me to see if I would like. Looks like I'll be heading to Tampa to do a deal. Thanks for your help!!

Remember, base acquisition fee is $795 for MB...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator