Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

All-season tires that are good in the snow for my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?

cheesypoofscheesypoofs Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Mitsubishi
Im looking for all-season tires that are good in the snow for my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Any ideas? I dont have storage for snow tires, so I need reccommendations for a good all season tire that is very good in the snow. We get lots of snow in upstate NY. Tire size is P225/55R /18
Thanks!

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There's really no "all season" tire that excels in the snow. All season is by definition a compromise tire. Where you live really requires a dedicated snow tire. Otherwise, you'll have to resign yourself to using chains during severe weather.

You might find THIS VIDEO interesting.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd check out some "all-weather" Nokian tires.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    stever said:

I'd check out some "all-weather" Nokian tires.

Same here..

You can look at geography, but even in upstate NY, I bet only 5% of vehicles have winter tires.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cheesypoofscheesypoofs Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the advice, the Nokians look great! In case they dont sell my tire size, would anyone recommend the Goodyear Assurance tires?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2016
    No idea - you could check the reviews at TireRack if they have any for Goodyear, or maybe at Discount Tire or even Walmart. Consumer reviews are a bit iffy though since everyone loves their tires when they are brand new and you don't find that many people reviewing three year old tires (and the model names may have changed by then anyway).

Here's some other suggestions from our Fairbanks friend, @xwesx (you probably get four times as much snow though).