Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Acura TLX Lease Questions

Comments

• pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    Michaell said:.
    Pretty good questions. Let's take them one at a time. 1a. At the moment, great deals are to be had on the outgoing 2016's, as 2017's are starting to hit the lots. And, in some cases, the residual values on the 16s are higher to help move the inventory 1b. Yes, better to get into a 16, especially if the residual is higher 2. In general, the residual is lower for a higher trim level - for the TLX, the difference is 2% over 36 months. For the Optima, the difference in residual is also 2% for the EX vs. the SXL. Coupled with the higher MSRP, that will make a big difference in the monthly payment. 3. It's not easy; I don't have any specific advise other than to include any lease cash into your offer - rest assured, that's what the dealer will do If your credit score is under 700, you may not qualify for the top tier money factor from either Acura or Kia.
    Thanks. This really helps point me in the right direction.  Could you please tell me the current residual and money factor is for the 2.4L with tech package for northern Cali, and do you think the lease cash might increase with any predictability in the near future? If so, what factors would lead to the discounts? I'm willing to wait a few weeks if it means a much better deal, but I'd prefer to get this mess over with and just enjoy my new car.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    pererau said:

Pretty good questions. Let's take them one at a time.

1a. At the moment, great deals are to be had on the outgoing 2016's, as 2017's are starting to hit the lots. And, in some cases, the residual values on the 16s are higher to help move the inventory
    1b. Yes, better to get into a 16, especially if the residual is higher
    2. In general, the residual is lower for a higher trim level - for the TLX, the difference is 2% over 36 months. For the Optima, the difference in residual is also 2% for the EX vs. the SXL. Coupled with the higher MSRP, that will make a big difference in the monthly payment.
    3. It's not easy; I don't have any specific advise other than to include any lease cash into your offer - rest assured, that's what the dealer will do

If your credit score is under 700, you may not qualify for the top tier money factor from either Acura or Kia.

Thanks. This really helps point me in the right direction.  Could you please tell me the current residual and money factor is for the 2.4L with tech package for northern Cali, and do you think the lease cash might increase with any predictability in the near future? If so, what factors would lead to the discounts? I'm willing to wait a few weeks if it means a much better deal, but I'd prefer to get this mess over with and just enjoy my new car.

.00070 and 53% for 36 months 15,000 miles per year. No idea what will happen to the numbers next month.

$2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:
    .00070 and 53% for 36 months 15,000 miles per year. No idea what will happen to the numbers next month. $2000 lease cash
    What about 12k? I've had my car for over 6 years and have put just under 60k miles on it
    pererau said:

Michaell said:

.00070 and 53% for 36 months 15,000 miles per year. No idea what will happen to the numbers next month.

$2000 lease cash

What about 12k? I've had my car for over 6 years and have put just under 60k miles on it

55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Pretty good questions. Let's take them one at a time. 1a. At the moment, great deals are to be had on the outgoing 2016's, as 2017's are starting to hit the lots. And, in some cases, the residual values on the 16s are higher to help move the inventory 1b. Yes, better to get into a 16, especially if the residual is higher 2. In general, the residual is lower for a higher trim level - for the TLX, the difference is 2% over 36 months. For the Optima, the difference in residual is also 2% for the EX vs. the SXL. Coupled with the higher MSRP, that will make a big difference in the monthly payment. 3. It's not easy; I don't have any specific advise other than to include any lease cash into your offer - rest assured, that's what the dealer will do If your credit score is under 700, you may not qualify for the top tier money factor from either Acura or Kia.
    Thanks. This really helps point me in the right direction.  Could you please tell me the current residual and money factor is for the 2.4L with tech package for northern Cali, and do you think the lease cash might increase with any predictability in the near future? If so, what factors would lead to that? I'm willing to wait a few weeks if it means a much better deal, but I'd just as soon not have this hanging over my head.
  • paolomusicpaolomusic Member Posts: 10
    Hi guys, quick question on the Edmunds rebate and the cap cost. Once a deal is struck, can the 1750 get split over 36 months (lease duration) and effectively lower payments by $45-50? Little confused as to how it can be used. Thanks!
    pererau said:

Pretty good questions. Let's take them one at a time.

1a. At the moment, great deals are to be had on the outgoing 2016's, as 2017's are starting to hit the lots. And, in some cases, the residual values on the 16s are higher to help move the inventory
    1b. Yes, better to get into a 16, especially if the residual is higher
    2. In general, the residual is lower for a higher trim level - for the TLX, the difference is 2% over 36 months. For the Optima, the difference in residual is also 2% for the EX vs. the SXL. Coupled with the higher MSRP, that will make a big difference in the monthly payment.
    3. It's not easy; I don't have any specific advise other than to include any lease cash into your offer - rest assured, that's what the dealer will do

If your credit score is under 700, you may not qualify for the top tier money factor from either Acura or Kia.

Thanks. This really helps point me in the right direction.  Could you please tell me the current residual and money factor is for the 2.4L with tech package for northern Cali, and do you think the lease cash might increase with any predictability in the near future? If so, what factors would lead to that? I'm willing to wait a few weeks if it means a much better deal, but I'd just as soon not have this hanging over my head.

.00070 and 53% for 36/15

$2000 lease cash and $500 bonus lease cash.

Magic 8-ball is in the shop; can't tell you what will happen to the numbers next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi guys, quick question on the Edmunds rebate and the cap cost. Once a deal is struck, can the 1750 get split over 36 months (lease duration) and effectively lower payments by $45-50? Little confused as to how it can be used. Thanks!

The lease cash can be used to address the upfront costs of the lease, or to reduce the cap cost. Net effect is the same - the monthly payment goes down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• paolomusicpaolomusic Member Posts: 10
    Michaell said:
    The lease cash can be used to address the upfront costs of the lease, or to reduce the cap cost. Net effect is the same - the monthly payment goes down.
    Got it thanks! Would you happen to have the numbers for 36/12k on V6 P-AWS, no packages. Sorry if that's been posted already, I didn't notice it. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586

Michaell said:

Got it thanks! Would you happen to have the numbers for 36/12k on V6 P-AWS, no packages. Sorry if that's been posted already, I didn't notice it. 

.00070 MF and 55% residual. $2500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gshags94gshags94 Member Posts: 2
    Need some help assessing this lease offer...new to leases...

'16 TLX with tech package in PA
    3 years / 7500 miles/yr
    Price quoted = 31,854
    $3000 down (includes 1st month payment)
    $293 monthly pmt...plus taxes bringing to $319/mo
    57% residual value
    .0007 money factor

Have an almost identical offer from a second dealer.

Thank you!
    gshags94 said:

3 years / 7500 miles/yr
    Price quoted = 31,854
    57% residual value
    .0007 money factor

Thank you!

Never seen 7.5K/yr on an Acura lease, but that would be the correct residual, if offered.
    .00070 MF. $2500 lease cash.

What is the MSRP, and how much is due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stillmatic23stillmatic23 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Guys,

Washington state here. I am being told by a dealer that there is no 2000 lease cash for a 2016 TL base. I was told there was only 750 available. Is there something different in my state or what?

Hey Guys,

Washington state here. I am being told by a dealer that there is no 2000 lease cash for a 2016 TL base. I was told there was only 750 available. Is there something different in my state or what?

I see $1500 on the base TLX, plus $500 bonus lease cash.

This is factory to dealer money; they aren't required to pass it on to the customer.

Find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gshags94gshags94 Member Posts: 2

3 years / 7500 miles/yr
    Price quoted = 31,854
    57% residual value
    .0007 money factor

Thank you!

Never seen 7.5K/yr on an Acura lease, but that would be the correct residual, if offered.

Thanks. So the $3000 down (minus first month pmt) is entire amount due at signing. Taxes, tags, delivery, etc all included.

MSRP = 36,690.
    gshags94 said:

3 years / 7500 miles/yr
    Price quoted = 31,854
    57% residual value
    .0007 money factor

Thank you!

Thanks. So the $3000 down (minus first month pmt) is entire amount due at signing. Taxes, tags, delivery, etc all included.

MSRP = 36,690.

With your prices, I get $351/mo before tax.

What is the adjusted cap cost? If different than the quoted price, have the dealer explain how they got there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chi_mikechi_mike Member Posts: 7
    Hello. Sorry for the duplicate inquiry, however, I wanted to make sure lease incentives/residuals/money factors were still the same.

Can you please provide the money factor and residual value for a 2016 TLX 2.4 Base and 2.4 Tech for 36/12 and 36/15?

Also, can you please advise on any lease cash/incentives. Lastly, how do I go about getting the Edmunds cash certificate?

I am in the Chicago suburbs (Naperville, IL, 60490).
    chi_mike said:

Hello. Sorry for the duplicate inquiry, however, I wanted to make sure lease incentives/residuals/money factors were still the same.

Can you please provide the money factor and residual value for a 2016 TLX 2.4 Base and 2.4 Tech for 36/12 and 36/15?

Also, can you please advise on any lease cash/incentives. Lastly, how do I go about getting the Edmunds cash certificate?

I am in the Chicago suburbs (Naperville, IL, 60490).

36/15 numbers - .00070 and 55% (base) or 53% (tech). Add 2% for 12K

$1500 lease cash on base; $2000 on tech.

$500 bonus lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pineapple2016pineapple2016 Member Posts: 1

Can you help me determine MF and Residual for Southern California?

Acura 2016 TLX base with tech, and 2016 TLX V6 with tech?

Can you help me determine MF and Residual for Southern California?

Acura 2016 TLX base with tech, and 2016 TLX V6 with tech?

.00070 MF and 53% residual, for 36/15. $2500 lease cash.

Either model with Tech.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    @kyfdx
    does the edmunds promo (1750) stack with the 2500 lease cash?
    tonyg2016 said:

@kyfdx
    does the edmunds promo (1750) stack with the 2500 lease cash?

As far as we know, it does.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    "does the edmunds promo (1750) stack with the 2500 lease cash?"

A dealer in Sacramento, CA is saying that it doesn't!

I thought the lease cash came from Acura Financial Services (AFS)

Where is the edmunds cash coming from?

Our deal is at an impasse until we resolve this sticky question...
    tonyg2016 said:

"does the edmunds promo (1750) stack with the 2500 lease cash?"

A dealer in Sacramento, CA is saying that it doesn't!

I thought the lease cash came from Acura Financial Services (AFS)

Where is the edmunds cash coming from?

Our deal is at an impasse until we resolve this sticky question...

Yes, the lease cash comes from AFS and goes to the dealer.

Don't know where the Edmunds incentive comes from ... let me see if I can find out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mjhalvomjhalvo Member Posts: 32
    Any advice on this? The lack of ability to apply the Edmunds discount and the AFS lease bonus concurrently, that is. I was being told the same thing this morning, so Im trying to weed through what is true and dealer-speak. Thanks for the input. This site is GREAT!
  • lordvaderlordvader Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2016
    I was able to apply $1750 edmunds rebate in MD. The total discount was $7800 off (TLX base V6, MSRP $36240), monthly payment - $329 all included, 36/12k, $329 due at signing. I added remote start, so my payment is $339/month. Here's calculation:

edited August 2016
    In my opinion, dealers have plenty of room for negotiation, even below $329 for 2016 base V6. Can anyone do better, say, $315? :D
    What terms are people achieving on a 2016 TLX Base? I am being quoted $27,700. I am turning the screws on his applying both the $2000 lease incentive and the Edmunds cash, but obviously they are not all too receptive of that. Im imagining that a price around $26,000 with the Edmunds coupon is fairly solid, no?
    I was able to get 15% off MSRP, all taxes and fees included. $27k is my number to achieve for 2016 Base. Try to find another dealer.
    mjhalvo said:

Any advice on this? The lack of ability to apply the Edmunds discount and the AFS lease bonus concurrently, that is. I was being told the same thing this morning, so Im trying to weed through what is true and dealer-speak. Thanks for the input. This site is GREAT!

We can't find the Edmunds promo on the TLX any more. Still see it for the ILX.

I would call a number of different dealers and see if you get a consistent answer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

You must be kidding. Search for BMW 3 series 2016 and the coupon for both TLX/ILX will drop off on a top of the page.

lordvader said:

You must be kidding. Search for BMW 3 series 2016 and the coupon for both TLX/ILX will drop off on a top of the page.

Here's the link .. sorry for taking so long to post...

http://www.edmunds.com/elp/acura/ilx/offer/?fromIframe=true

But, doesn't answer the original question as to whether it can be combined with the available lease cash. I would say it does, as the lease cash is technically a factory to dealer incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• weis23weis23 Member Posts: 6
    Here's the test from the Edmunds offer FAQ section:

Can this offer be used with other existing Acura incentive offers?

Yes. The Acura TLX/ILX Exclusive Offer can be used with most other existing Acura incentive offers EXCEPT Zero Due at Signing Lease programs or Acura Loyalty programs, unless otherwise specified. Please visit your local Acura dealership for additional details.
  • weis23weis23 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for MF, residual and lease cash on a 2016 TLX V6 Base/Tech for 18K/36 in STL, MO.
    Hurry up, Edmunds Offer valid through 09/06/2016. Thank you, Michaell!
    edited August 2016
    Anyway to tell what the AFS offers will be for Septemeber yet. Unfortunately I am going to have a hard time carving out the time to do this before next Thursday, 9/1. How can I tell how that will affect things? Im currently at $27,176 adjusted cap (including a high suburban Chicago tax rate). Pretty happy with that, but trying to find some time to get there and take advantage of it.
    weis23 said:

Looking for MF, residual and lease cash on a 2016 TLX V6 Base/Tech for 18K/36 in STL, MO.

36/15 - .00070 and 55% (base) or 53% (tech).

$1500 lease cash on base, $2000 on tech

Extra miles are charged up front and deducted from the calculated 15K residual. Don't know the exact rate, but figure .10-.25 per mile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mjhalvo said:

Anyway to tell what the AFS offers will be for Septemeber yet. Unfortunately I am going to have a hard time carving out the time to do this before next Thursday, 9/1. How can I tell how that will affect things? Im currently at $27,176 adjusted cap (including a high suburban Chicago tax rate). Pretty happy with that, but trying to find some time to get there and take advantage of it.

The current Acura programs don't expire until 9/6, so you'll have the long holiday weekend to make your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shazamshazam Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2016
    Hello

I am looking for residual and MF on 2016 TLX Base with Tech Package in Long Island, NY

12k/36
    15k/36

Also how do you get these lease cash and bonus offers ? I do not see anything and no dealer websites have any info either.

Thank You
    shazam said:

Hello

I am looking for residual and MF on 2016 TLX Base with Tech Package in Long Island, NY

12k/36
    15k/36

Also how do you get these lease cash and bonus offers ? I do not see anything and no dealer websites have any info either.

Thank You

.00070 and 55% / 53%. $2000 lease cash

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive - use that knowledge to negotiate your best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

shazam said:

Hello

12k/36
    15k/36

Thank You

.00070 and 55% / 53%. $2000 lease cash

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive - use that knowledge to negotiate your best price.
    Thank You very much. Got hosed the last time with a 3 series in 2013 for MY2014 factory built to specs. Just want to play a better game this time :D
  • hvp2212hvp2212 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2016
    This is my first time lease a car.

Anyone know residual value and money factor for the 4cyl base model 2016 tlx in South Florida?

3 years/10k miles.

A dealer near me have a deal of 215$/month plus tax with $2500 down payment excluding tax tag and fees.

Do you think it is a good deal?
    hvp2212 said:

Anyone know residual value and money factor for the 4cyl base model 2016 tlx in South Florida?

3 years/10k miles.

A dealer near me have a deal of 215$/month plus tax with $2500 down payment excluding tax tag and fees.

.00070 MF and 58% residual. $2000 lease cash

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

hvp2212 said:

3 years/10k miles.

What is the MSRP?
    The market price is 32500.
    Went to a dealer today and this is what i got. Still feels a bit too expensive:

2016 TLX w/ Tech, 15k Mileage/36 Months, New York
    MSRP: $36,475
    Sale Price: $32,000
    Residual = 53%
    MF = 0.00070
    $350 per month including taxes

Edmunds Coupon is used as cap cost reduction for $1750

First Month Payment, $595 Acquisition Fee, Tax on acquisition fee and edmunds coupon. Plus $150 DMV fee including plates so about $1100

How does it look ?
    shazam said:

Went to a dealer today and this is what i got. Still feels a bit too expensive:

2016 TLX w/ Tech, 15k Mileage/36 Months, New York
    MSRP: $36,475
    Sale Price: $32,000
    Residual = 53%
    MF = 0.00070
    $350 per month including taxes

Edmunds Coupon is used as cap cost reduction for $1750

First Month Payment, $595 Acquisition Fee, Tax on acquisition fee and edmunds coupon. Plus $150 DMV fee including plates so about $1100

How does it look ?

What is the adjusted cap cost? As is, I get $388/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

hvp2212 said:

kyfdx said:

hvp2212 said:

3 years/10k miles.

What is the MSRP?
    Is that the sticker price or the negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hvp2212 said:

kyfdx said:

hvp2212 said:

3 years/10k miles.

What is the MSRP?
    32500 was sticker price.

Here is what I need to pay up front:

$215/month plus tax = $230
    $2500 down payment
    $1380 = $230 (1st month) + tag + fee

Please let me know if I should take this deal.
    edited August 2016
    hvp2212 said:

Michaell said:

hvp2212 said:

kyfdx said:

hvp2212 said:

3 years/10k miles.

What is the MSRP?
    32500 was sticker price.

Here is what I need to pay up front:

$215/month plus tax = $230
    $2500 down payment
    $1380 = $230 (1st month) + tag + fee

Please let me know if I should take this deal.
    Seems to be $338/month all included. Too high. I pay this money for V6 base 36/12k MSRP $36240. Don't pay anything upfront, just first monthly payment.
  • fievel95648fievel95648 Member Posts: 9
    I received the following deal.  Please let me know if it looks good.

2016 Acura TLX 2.4 entry level 
    msrp $32,635
    selling price $27,450.00
    Your cash $1,750
    Rebate $750.00
    Total cash and rebate $2,500

36 months 12000 miles per year your monthly payment is $274.89 tax included
    36 months 15000 miles per year your monthly payment is $294.30 tax included