Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• harrymed38harrymed38 Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2016
    Hi all...happy to posted that I am a new happy XC90 owner! Thank you very much all of the info here. helped me a lot to know my numbers

So I live in MA but i identified a dealership in NH (30 miles away, not so bad) that was getting off all their Demos and 2016 XC90 models. Initially i was looking for the demo model T6 Momentum fully loaded black color with blond interior (conv,vision, climate-HUD, momentum plus, 2nd booster, Brower Wilkins, 20" wheels) MRSP of $62,975 was offering discount of $4,575. MF:0.00069 Residual : 54.5% (for 39/10k yr). Although was in perfect condition and low mileage (3k) i did not liked the idea that the in service started on Jan/16. (the warranty started on Jan)

So they offered a new 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum savile grey with blond interior with Convenience, Climate, Vision, Momentum Plus, Protection Plus, 2nd seat booster, Apple car play and 20" double 5 spoke wheels + with my Volvo A-Plan i got 2 years Volvo on Call as well.

MRSP: $62,550
    Discount: $4,440
    Acquisition fee: $995
    Doc: $289
    MF:0.00069
    Residual:56%
    Lease of 39 months, 10K miles yr.

I did 10 MSD, each one of $700, that lowed my MF to 0.00019. Put nothing down. With the MSD i was able to save almost $2,000. I know some will say that i could get a higher return through other investments... but you know i love the idea that the money never changes the owner hands...that my money! And with a high short term safe return of 2k without tax, it's hard to find

Got a monthly payment with tax (MA: 0.625) of $698

I went to the Volvo Lovering in, NH. Loved my buying experience, they are very transparency and upfront, no playing games

Happy to answer any questions!
    Thank you for the comments...but just went to check and could not refuse the good deal, given the 2017 MF are bad until Volvo load off all the 2016 model from the market

Hi all, I was hopping to get some inputs from you....I learned that some dealerships are offering good discounts on their XC90 Demo models. What do you all think? Should i consider? Is there anything that I should be aware ?

Lastly I heard that Volvo did a recall to fix a sunroof bug and see in other review people complaining about screen freeze.

I love the XC90, i want one but felt disappointed when learned some bad reviews. Not so confident anymore if this is the best buy..... looking at review from Audi or Mercedes it's all good.

I mean i don't want to pay for a very expensive car and then be disappointed. What you guys are hearing from people who bought the XC90...any major complains?

Any thoughts?

I have had mine for 2 months now and fingers crossed no issues whatsoever. I love driving it and its the best looking SUV out there. Living in SoCal I see so many BMW X5's, GLE's and Range Rovers, they might as well be high volume Camrys and Accords. The Q7 was my initial choice and my neighbors just bought the new one and I just cant get past how bad the new one looks. Audi has gone lazy IMO. On the road everytime I see an XC90 it stands out. The only other SUV in the market right now that turns my head is the Jaguar F-Pace. If you are worried about issues, I would just wait for the MY17 XC90.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

does Volvo have a 36 month/7.5K lease? How about 24 month or 30 month?
    interested in XC90 T6 inscription AWD
    thank you

No...10K/yr is the lowest mileage allowance.

24/10: .00070 MF and 63% residual
    30/10: .00070 MF and 57% residual
    36/10: .00100 MF and 54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Hi guys, can a demo be leased? I was under the impression that it could. There is an xc90 demo I'm interested in, but the dealer mentioned it couldn't be leased. It is listed under the new inventory so I'm guessing it's a non registered vehicle. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

Hi guys, can a demo be leased? I was under the impression that it could. There is an xc90 demo I'm interested in, but the dealer mentioned it couldn't be leased. It is listed under the new inventory so I'm guessing it's a non registered vehicle. 

Generally, if the car hasn't been titled, it is usually eligible for new car lease rates. The residual is adjusted downwards for the miles, which you should offset with a bigger discount from sticker.

But, it's also possible that Volvo doesn't permit this - I don't have any information either way.

Check with other dealers and see what they say about the practice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you Michael! I was told by another dealer, and a different state that the demo cannot be leased. As you said, perhaps Volvo does not allow this. 

Thank you Michael! I was told by another dealer, and a different state that the demo cannot be leased. As you said, perhaps Volvo does not allow this. 

Interesting. But, thanks for the confirmation!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Interesting. But, thanks for the confirmation!
    I am from MA and I was about to lease a Demo car. Volvo in NH offered me this option. Michaell is right about the adjusted residual (indeed off set the discount). They did not said that i could not lease a Demo car.
  • gooder77gooder77 Member Posts: 6
    Please provide numbers for T6 AWD Momentum 36/12 and 39/12 in Maryland. Thank you.
    gooder77 said:

Please provide numbers for T6 AWD Momentum 36/12 and 39/12 in Maryland. Thank you.

36/12 - .00061 and 56%
    39/12 - .00069 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• reldausareldausa Member Posts: 16
    Looking for numbers on a 2016 AWD T5 Momentum in SoCal. MSRP is $49,815.
    What MF and residual should I expect on a 39 mo lease?
    Same question on a 2016 AWD T6 Momentum. MSRP is $53,775.
  • tlx_2015tlx_2015 Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2016
    Can someone please provide the MF and RV numbers for a 2016 AWD T6 Momentum for the following terms in PA.
    15K / 36 mos
    15K / 39 mos

Will the numbers change if additional options are added?

When will new numbers come out?

Thanks!
    reldausa said:

Looking for numbers on a 2016 AWD T5 Momentum in SoCal. MSRP is $49,815.
    What MF and residual should I expect on a 39 mo lease?
    Same question on a 2016 AWD T6 Momentum. MSRP is $53,775.

.00126 MF and 53% residual for 39/15.

.00069 MF and 53% residual for 39/15 for the T6

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spark146spark146 Member Posts: 4
    Could I please have MF and Residual in NY for:

2016 T6 Inscription AWD
    36/12
    39/12

Many thanks!
    spark146 said:

Could I please have MF and Residual in NY for:

2016 T6 Inscription AWD
    36/12
    39/12

Many thanks!

.00100 MF and 53% residual
    .00107 MF and 51% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx can you please provide the MF and RV numbers for both the 2016 and 2017 AWD T6 Momentum for the following terms in PA.

15K / 36 mos
    15K / 39 mos

Thanks!
  • avus9avus9 Member Posts: 4

I'd like to get the MF and Residual % for the 2016 T8 Momentum both for 36 months and 10k/12k miles, and for the current Volvo promotion of 39 months and 10k miles.

I'm in Cook County, Chicago.

Thank you.

• avus9avus9 Member Posts: 4
    avus9 said:

I'd like to get the MF and Residual % for the 2016 T8 Momentum both for 36 months and 10k/12k miles, and for the current Volvo promotion of 39 months and 10k miles.

Thank you.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how would MSDs influence the MF? I have been told that Volvo does allow up to 9 MSDs - but, I'm not sure how much savings that would give me per month.
    tlx_2015 said:

kyfdx can you please provide the MF and RV numbers for both the 2016 and 2017 AWD T6 Momentum for the following terms in PA.

15K / 36 mos
    15K / 39 mos

Thanks!

.00061 MF and 54% residual
    .00069 MF and 53% residual

New program starts August 2nd

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

avus9 said:

Thank you.

.00091 MF and 46% residual
    $4585 Non-cash credit (not sure what that means. Probably must be used as CAP cost reduction).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

avus9 said:

avus9 said:

Thank you.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how would MSDs influence the MF? I have been told that Volvo does allow up to 9 MSDs - but, I'm not sure how much savings that would give me per month.

Not familiar with the Volvo MSD program. If you can find out how much each SD lowers the money factor, then we can calculate it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• phaelgomesphaelgomes Member Posts: 3
    Deal in Delray, Florida on 7/26/2016:
    XC90 T6 AWD Momentum
    MSRP $59,705
    39/10K
    $2380 out of pocket.
    $620 per month 6% tax included.
    Guys any comments on this deal?
    Thanks!

XC90 T6 AWD Momentum
    MSRP $59,705
    39/10K
    $2380 out of pocket.
    Thanks!

What is the selling price or the adjusted cap cost?

What does the $2380 at signing cover?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• m_kothuri@yahoo.comm_kothuri@yahoo.com Member Posts: 44

XC90 T6 AWD Momentum
    MSRP $59,705
    39/10K
    $2380 out of pocket.
    Thanks!

Does 2380 includes taxes,fees and 1st month payment?? If it is then it's a rock solid deal!!
    Do we expect to see better numbers for next month as 17 models already bombarded the dealer lots??? In general!!
    For 2016 models I mean
    Kothuri, did you end up doing a deal at Englewood?

Kothuri, did you end up doing a deal at Englewood?

No my friend.
    I got some numbers
    Msrp 58740
    Down at signing 4263 includes taxes,1st month and fees
    Monthly 590 with tax.
    Thinking whether to pull the trigger or wait till next month ending?

Please advise! What about you??
    I called them about one I was interested in. Msrp is 57 and change, but I have to follow up with a call tomorrow. Haven't talked price yet. I don't want to settle for anything less than 10 percent off. How much did they discount? I will find out when I call them tomorrow and I'm going to Karp on Sunday. I plan to do a deal before months end. It's hard to say if the numbers will get better, but I expect they'll either stay the same or the mf will drop but the residual will too to make it even.
    I believe we have a bit more leverage getting more of a discount at months end vs. waiting for the August numbers. Always a gamble if there's lease cash, etc 

Do we expect to see better numbers for next month as 17 models already bombarded the dealer lots??? In general!!

For 2016 models I mean

Hard to say. The XC90 has been pretty popular, and if there isn't much inventory left of the 2016 models, then I doubt we'll see much change in the numbers.

However, if there is a lot of stock to move, then Volvo may be motivated to blow out the 2016's, as the 2017's are starting to show up already.

So, you pays your moneys, you takes your chances.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I called them about one I was interested in. Msrp is 57 and change, but I have to follow up with a call tomorrow. Haven't talked price yet. I don't want to settle for anything less than 10 percent off. How much did they discount? I will find out when I call them tomorrow and I'm going to Karp on Sunday. I plan to do a deal before months end. It's hard to say if the numbers will get better, but I expect they'll either stay the same or the mf will drop but the residual will too to make it even.

Please share your numbers my friend when you get them.

I got another quote from karp today for 57370 msrp one. 3500 at signing, 589 per month. Initial quote for 10k/39 without any bargain. I don't know how low can they go from there??
    I certainly will. Do you know the selling price? If it's 10 percent off, acquisition fee is not marked up, mf not marked up, no advertising fee, then it would be a solid deal from both places but I will let you know what I get

• SmoothAK1SmoothAK1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

What is the best deal out there for a 2016 XC90 T8? I'm seeing 3-5K off MSRP but any specials on the leasing side besides the manufacturer offer of $845 for a base T8.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
    SmoothAK1 said:

Hi,

What is the best deal out there for a 2016 XC90 T8? I'm seeing 3-5K off MSRP but any specials on the leasing side besides the manufacturer offer of $845 for a base T8.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

I'm showing $4585 as a "non cash credit", but I'm not exactly sure what that is, or if it applies to a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alkaponealkapone Member Posts: 0
    But, does anyone know details about new XC40, for 2018 year?
    alkapone said:

But, does anyone know details about new XC40, for 2018 year?

No information on the XC40, as of yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello kydfx / Michaell,

Can you please provide the new August MF and RV numbers for a 2016 AWD T6 Momentum for the following terms in PA?

15K / 36 mos
    15K / 39 mos

Thanks!
  • jay2322jay2322 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    please be so kind and provide August numbers (MF&RV) for the XC90 T6 Momentum in MN
    Thanks
  • agwagonagwagon Member Posts: 11
    Can I get current MF and Res for T8 R-Type in California zip 95129? 36 mo / 12k and 15k? Thank you.

From your earlier post, the $4,585 lease cash is a straight cap cost reduction from the factory. Like a rebate but for leases only.
    kyfdx said:

avus9 said:

avus9 said:

Thank you.

Not familiar with the Volvo MSD program. If you can find out how much each SD lowers the money factor, then we can calculate it.

So I leased (details on commentes before) a new XC90 T6 Momentum and used MSD. So for each MSD it reduces the MF by 0.00005. Volvo offers a maximun 10 MSD. The MSD are calculate by next rounded 50 based on one lease month payment with zero down. For instance if the monthly lease payment with zero down is $660, each MSD is equal $700. The good of this program is that all your money that you put to MSD is returned to you at the end of the lease term however without interested. The beauty that you get a lower MF and can save up to $2k doing that and the money return to you at the end. Some might consider the opportunity cost of given that money other than investing in somewhere else but in general it's a great program
    Sorry, but we still don't have the August program for Volvo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ej323232ej323232 Member Posts: 1
    Do we have the numbers for a 36/15 in Texas for August? How much are dealers cutting on msrp at this point since 2017s are in stock?
    ej323232 said:

Do we have the numbers for a 36/15 in Texas for August? How much are dealers cutting on msrp at this point since 2017s are in stock?

We didn't get any lease numbers from Volvo, for August.

Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• buckeyesfanbuckeyesfan Member Posts: 18
    Hello All. Any update on August lease numbers for 2016's? Also, any confirmation on the $4,585 lease cash mentioned above? Was that carried over to August? Thanks!

Hello All. Any update on August lease numbers for 2016's? Also, any confirmation on the $4,585 lease cash mentioned above? Was that carried over to August? Thanks!

No Volvo lease information for August, sorry.

Not likely to see it, this late in the month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• odydriverodydriver Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for everyone's contributions. Please help me with some numbers for a possible purchase/lease:

MSRP: $58,710
    Purchase Price: $54,710
    Lease Terms: 39/15 (mf: .00069; residual: 53%)
    Drive off: $1213
    Sales tax: 7.5% (in California)

What should my monthly payment and tax numbers be?
  • odydriverodydriver Member Posts: 6
    Similarly, what would the payments and taxes be for:

MSRP: $57,700
    Purchase Price: $53,700
    Drive off: $1350

I don't know how to calculate the fees for TTL into the lease calculation.

Thanks.
    odydriver said:

Thanks for everyone's contributions. Please help me with some numbers for a possible purchase/lease:

MSRP: $58,710
    Purchase Price: $54,710
    Drive off: $1213

What should my monthly payment and tax numbers be?

$664/mo.+tax, assuming the purchase price is also the adjusted CAP cost
    California taxes the monthly payment, so it's just the payment X tax rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

odydriver said:

Similarly, what would the payments and taxes be for:

MSRP: $57,700
    Purchase Price: $53,700
    Drive off: $1350

I don't know how to calculate the fees for TTL into the lease calculation.

Thanks.

$651/mo.+tax.

If you assume that the drive off is the payment, plus title/license and doc fee, then the only thing added on to the selling price should be the $695 acquisition fee.

$669/mo.+tax, with adding in the $695

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator