Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A few stations fell back to $1.98 here, but the Murphy by the Walmart popped to $2.09. I rarely buy there anyway.
    Back up to $2.04 at the cheapest stations.

A reporter is looking to talk with someone who traded in a hybrid or EV to buy a regular gas-powered vehicle. If you're willing to share your experience, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than June 6, 2016.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    RUG varies between $2.15-2.20/gal here in Colorado. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    On our road trip to Indy we went across I-80, down 76 to 71, out I-70 and back and pretty much only saw $2.49 for RUG
    Both gas and diesel are up a few cents since I snapped this last Friday.

gas.JPG 63.3K
    Still locked in at $2.49 here
    Locked, right... $2.55
    Ouch.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    stever said:

Ouch.

I have to Use nearly 2 gallons of gas to fill my truck at that price and pay cash. Cheapest CC RUG is $2.61. Local RUG is all over 3 bucks a gallon. Local diesel is $2.69. Last tank on the Touareg was $2.53 CC. I always remind myself when I bought the diesel almost 3 years ago diesel was 4 bucks a gallon. So I guess it is a bargain.
    Just an odd situation here. We're still up at $2.55 for RUG here, but the price at Sam's has been dropping and is at $2.29. Normally the gap is roughly a dime. Not sure what's up
    Paid $2.09 a couple of days ago for RUG.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I'm staring at the Murphy USA RUG price in Dodge City, KS, and it's saying $1.89. Paid the same this past weekend in Amarillo, TX, where we went for a visit.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Lucky ILUV, I just paid $2.62 for RUG, or wait in a line all the way around Costco to save 14 cents a gallon. All those people idling their engines in the 110 degree temps here. May was one of our coldest on record and June may end up our warmest. That is climate change for you.
    RUG holding steady at $2.169 at Kroger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

My cheap gas station is at $2.07 with diesel there coming in at $2.17. Diesel could be a bit cheap over on the Interstate exit.
    edited July 2016
    Gas at the cheap places (all three of them) is $2.04 - just filled up this morning. It's $2.09 across the street from my usual station and $2.25 closer to the Interstate.
    RUG holding steady at $2.169 at the local Kroger. Hasn't moved in a few weeks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I bet it'll drop soon. Ours just went down $0.06 to $2.019
    For my area, RUG and Diesel are almost the same. RUG $2.51 D2 $2.46.
    Just drove State College to Wyomissing (aka the Taylor Swift trek..LOL)

$2.39 in Happy Valley
    $2.19 in Harrisburg
    $2.12 in Wyomissing
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I paid only $1.79/gallon for RU ghastly this morning at Murphy USA in Dodge City, KS.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Good to hear that prices are easing - we have company driving down from Montana next week.

You always wind up with the cheap gas places @iluvmysephia1.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,165
    I think I paid 2.56 for Chevron Diesel yesterday - was far from empty, but heading on a road trip on Thursday, wanted to get the Sunday cash discount first.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    Wife had a discount at Safeway yesterday, saved 80 cents per gallon, so total cost was $1.68 per gallon, for 25 gallons!

B)
    I paid $1.79 this morning for 133 gallons - was time to fill our propane tank. ;)
    $1.999 RUG here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    So, there is one station within 50 miles of me that sells pure gas. No ethanol. I was on a little road trip today, and was coming back by there, and filled up. $3.19/gallon for 90 octane. Why is it 90? No idea.

I asked the lady, and she said they have people come from all over the region to get gas there, especially for marine applications. It's a real podunk place. No credit card readers on the pumps.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Still $2.39 most everywhere here. $2.21 at Sam's
    kyfdx said:

It's a real podunk place.

Bubba's Top Tier Eat and Get Gas joint eh?

The pure stuff is probably corn squeezing. :)

Saw $2.17 RUG at a "normal" station yesterday with diesel at the adjacent pump for $2.19.

stever said:

kyfdx said:

It's a real podunk place.

Bubba's Top Tier Eat and Get Gas joint eh?

The pure stuff is probably corn squeezing. :)

Saw $2.17 RUG at a "normal" station yesterday with diesel at the adjacent pump for $2.19.

E-Z Stop Service in St.Leon, Indiana

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The one "pure-gas" station that was near me (and near the marina) in the UP was kind of an old, run-down combo truck stop and quickie mart, but very small with only two pumps. Then again, everything in that county was kind of old and run-down.

Be curious to hear if you notice any bump in the mpg. The one tank I tried in the Quest didn't move my average a bit.
    stever said:

The one "pure-gas" station that was near me (and near the marina) in the UP was kind of an old, run-down combo truck stop and quickie mart, but very small with only two pumps. Then again, everything in that county was kind of old and run-down.

Be curious to hear if you notice any bump in the mpg. The one tank I tried in the Quest didn't move my average a bit.

Probably won't. The biggest thing is not having the alcohol's negative long-term effects on your plastic/rubber parts. So, of course, this one tank won't mean squat. It's just the principle. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sounds like the power boaters really had issues with the ethanol eating away their fiberglass fuel tanks.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,165
    Chevron Diesel $2.49 today
    fintail said:

Chevron Diesel $2.49 today

Oh yeah. Shell Diesel for $2.35 in Indianapolis, yesterday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Down about six cents here; filled up this morning for the magical $1.99 a gallon.

Sorry.. still on that first tank of diesel B)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2016
    Lots of oil, not much increase in demand, despite the low prices. One reason I read yesterday is that much of the world's oil demand growth (outside of China) was coming from oil producing countries. With oil prices down that growth has disappeared.
    Tried to fill last week for $1.93 but the only pump available was on the sunny side and I just couldn't see the screen on the pump. Tried to pre-pay but that didn't work either. So I blew it off and went down the street and paid $2.04.
    $2.14 today at Sam's Club. $2.25 most everywhere else, although one Sheetz did just change to $2.19

Arrival week for Penn State ought to give us a boost at the pump.... nah.. that almost hardly ever happens. Silly me B)
    Down two more cents to $1.91 at the cheap place here.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    There's a Mobil station in my town selling B20 diesel for 2.19, but who can use that?

slorenzen said:

There's a Mobil station in my town selling B20 diesel for 2.19, but who can use that?

A guy I worked with in Alaska ran B20 in his F250 from the start. Said it was good stuff. He lives in So Dakota and buys from the farm co-op. Not sure if Ford approves or not. It was the rage with truckers for a while when Bio Willie was involved. I did notice Safeway and Shell in Oregon sells B20. Did not want to be a guinea pig.
    Edmunds says the Ford Powerstrokes are B20 compatible starting in 2011.
    Seems like Fred bought his new about 2003. His wife worked for the Ford dealership. Haven't kept track of him since I retired in 2006.
    I'll report tomorrow.. 45 miles to empty, and 15 miles to my destination fuel station.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$2.29/gal for Diesel or Regular at the Shell station near the Cincinnati Airport. $2.89/gal for Premium.

37.6 MPG on my last tank of diesel. 503 miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Up to $2.35... students arriving at Penn State...parents needing to fill up to get out of town...nah, never
    $1.87 here this morning, maybe it'll be even lower when I need to fill.