Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Head-Up Display Is Pretty Neat - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2016 in BMW
imageHead-Up Display Is Pretty Neat - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 BMW 340i test car comes with an optional head-up display. Impressively feature-packed, it almost justifies the price of the optional technology package alone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    This is amazing? My Corvette had nearly the exact same functionality....in 2005!!!

IMHO, HUD should be standard in pretty much all luxury cars by this point.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    It's worth noting that no heads up display works with polarized sunglasses. As a result, it's a feature I find completely useless and generally end up turning off in vehicles that have it.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    HUD isn't a must-have for me, but I do appreciate it when I'm driving one of our BMWs that has it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2016
    lmbvette said:

This is amazing? My Corvette had nearly the exact same functionality....in 2005!!!

IMHO, HUD should be standard in pretty much all luxury cars by this point.

Actually the first HUD was used by GM in 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and Pontiac Grand Prix and the first color unit was in 1995 Corvettes. But hey, if you drink enough of BMW's Kool-Aid 28 year old technology begins to look pretty neat.