Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

25,000 Miles Without Trying Too Hard - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2016 in Jeep
image25,000 Miles Without Trying Too Hard - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

How did we accumulate more than 25,000 miles on our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk? By sheer force of will.

Read the full story here

Comments

• skoprowskiskoprowski Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2016
    Does your Renegade have the latest available transmission software update from FCA? Also there is a newer procedure for resetting the transmission learning settings. If the transmission's learning is not reset the transmission still doesn't function properly even with the latest update. There is no indication in your posts that the transmission was ever updated since 10,000 miles. It's a disservice to your readers and to FCA if you continually criticize the car for something that could be corrected. If the transmission has been properly updated then fine you have a valid concern but there is no indication otherwise.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    I agree. If there are software updates, have they been installed? I have heard other sites say that newer vehicles with the 9-speed transmission are tolerable. I presume in large part to calibration updates...
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    edited August 2016
    I've never seen a transmission software up date for my Jeep Wrangler with its 6 spd MT. Should I be concerned?
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    @desmolicious, an update for your 6M transmission is available but it's kind of messy to install. ;-)
  • stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57

I've never seen a transmission software up date for my Jeep Wrangler with its 6 spd MT. Should I be concerned?

Transmission update for 6MT Wrangler: Left Leg Presses at the local gym. :-)
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    The tiny gas tank wouldn't be such a bother if the fuel economy was respectable.