Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 VW Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• heyabbotheyabbot Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, Im in the NYC metro area. My gf is coming out of a 2013 Jetta lease and looking to go into a 2016 Jetta SE 36 mo/12K. She was late on only one payment on the current lease but has high debt to income ratio and was told she was approved at tier D. Can anyone tell me what the MF is on tier D or at the very least approximately how much more this should cost her per month from an A tier?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    heyabbot said:

Hi all, Im in the NYC metro area. My gf is coming out of a 2013 Jetta lease and looking to go into a 2016 Jetta SE 36 mo/12K. She was late on only one payment on the current lease but has high debt to income ratio and was told she was approved at tier D. Can anyone tell me what the MF is on tier D or at the very least approximately how much more this should cost her per month from an A tier?

D-tier adds .00295

It will probably add about $100/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• heyabbotheyabbot Member Posts: 2
    Thank you kyfdx.
  • eijbergenveijbergenv Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,

I am in the DC/MD/VA region looking for a Jetta SEL for my girlfriend.
    Saw some lease deals advertised for the 2016 Jetta SEL at $99 a month with all fees still down and 1500 cap reduction

What would the residual and money factor be for the 2016 jetta sel and the new 2017 jetta sel I already see at the dealer?
    I am looking at a 36 month, 12k a year lease.

What should I expect to pay with taxes/fees rolled in?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I am in the DC/MD/VA region looking for a Jetta SEL for my girlfriend.
    Saw some lease deals advertised for the 2016 Jetta SEL at $99 a month with all fees still down and 1500 cap reduction

What would the residual and money factor be for the 2016 jetta sel and the new 2017 jetta sel I already see at the dealer?
    I am looking at a 36 month, 12k a year lease.

What should I expect to pay with taxes/fees rolled in?

Thanks,

.00005 MF and 51% residual. $1750 lease cash.

Don't have the 2017 information.

What state and what tax rate? What is the MSRP/selling price of the car in the ad deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• eijbergenveijbergenv Member Posts: 2
    The current ad is in the following link: http://www.stohlman-vw.com/Special/new/2016-Volkswagen-Jetta_Sedan-4dr_Auto_1.8T_SEL_PZEV_Sedan-Jetta_SEL_August_Special-Tysons_Corner-VA/73385460

But I have been receiving offers ranging from $17.5k to $18.5k
    The state I am in is MD with a 6% tax rate, but I am just wondering if there is more fat to cut to be able to get the best deal.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

The current ad is in the following link: http://www.stohlman-vw.com/Special/new/2016-Volkswagen-Jetta_Sedan-4dr_Auto_1.8T_SEL_PZEV_Sedan-Jetta_SEL_August_Special-Tysons_Corner-VA/73385460

But I have been receiving offers ranging from $17.5k to $18.5k
    The state I am in is MD with a 6% tax rate, but I am just wondering if there is more fat to cut to be able to get the best deal.

That's a lot due at signing:

$1500 down payment
    $625 acquisition fee
    $599 dealer fee
    DMV costs
    6% tax on the entire selling price

The $1500 is about $42/mo, so the effective payment is $141/mo - still pretty low.

But, no mention of selling price, which is worrisome.

And, realize this is an ad, not an offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• smorenogsmorenog Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I live in TX. For a 2016 Jetta 1.8T Sport can you share MF, residual and incentives? Also what would be a good discount over MSRP considering base model (before incentives)? Thanks.
    smorenog said:

Hi, I live in TX. For a 2016 Jetta 1.8T Sport can you share MF, residual and incentives? Also what would be a good discount over MSRP considering base model (before incentives)? Thanks.

.00005 and 51% for 36/15.

We don't track selling prices - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cchattertoncchatterton Member Posts: 3
    Hi I am looking for the MF, residual and incentives for a 2016 Jetta 1.4T S with manual transmission for 36/15k. I am in Long Island, NY if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

Hi I am looking for the MF, residual and incentives for a 2016 Jetta 1.4T S with manual transmission for 36/15k. I am in Long Island, NY if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

.00005 and 49%. $1250 lease cash, $1000 bonus and (surprise!) another $500 on the Jetta, released in the last day or two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I've got a lease ending in the next couple of months, and the Jetta is on my short list of replacements.

Test drove a 1.4T SE today and ran a few numbers with the dealer.

$21,335 MSRP
    $17,800 net cap - basically, invoice less about $50, less incentives, plus acquisition fee of $625

36/12 payment is $194/mo before tax.

Found out at the dealer there is an additional $500 on the Jetta - in addition to the available lease cash and the $1000 VW bonus. Everything expires on 9/6.

Didn't pull the trigger, but inventory is starting to shrink. May check some other dealers to see if I can find a similar car in a 'real' color - my local dealer has black, silver and grey only at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks.

.00005 MF and 49% residual. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ravforme1ravforme1 Member Posts: 33
    Michaell said:

I've got a lease ending in the next couple of months, and the Jetta is on my short list of replacements.

$21,335 MSRP
    $17,800 net cap - basically, invoice less about $50, less incentives, plus acquisition fee of $625

Found out at the dealer there is an additional $500 on the Jetta - in addition to the available lease cash and the $1000 VW bonus. Everything expires on 9/6.

Didn't pull the trigger, but inventory is starting to shrink. May check some other dealers to see if I can find a similar car in a 'real' color - my local dealer has black, silver and grey only at the moment.

Was your net cap after the lease cash and the bonuses including the new $500? What was the dealer discount?
    ravforme1 said:

Michaell said:

$21,335 MSRP

Was your net cap after the lease cash and the bonuses including the new $500? What was the dealer discount?
    That is correct. I thin the dealer discount was a couple thousand off sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ravforme1ravforme1 Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2016
    Michaell said:

ravforme1 said:

Michaell said:

$21,335 MSRP

Michaell, I see you've updated your signature block to replace the Elantra with a new Jetta! Care to share your deal?
    We're heading out today to get a new Rav4 for the Mrs and our Camry has 2 months left so I'm considering the Jetta as it's replacement. I've got a dealer showing online a $4000 discount on a 1.8t Sport Auto BEFORE any incentives. Of course, it's like pulling teeth to get them to confirm this via email prior to paying them a visit.

I'd be interested to know how you and the dealer worked out the remaining lease term of your Elantra? I think you said earlier you had a couple months left on it.

Thanks!
    ravforme1 said:

Michaell said:

ravforme1 said:

Michaell said:

$21,335 MSRP

Michaell, I see you've updated your signature block to replace the Elantra with a new Jetta! Care to share your deal?
    We're heading out today to get a new Rav4 for the Mrs and our Camry has 2 months left so I'm considering the Jetta as it's replacement. I've got a dealer showing online a $4000 discount on a 1.8t Sport Auto BEFORE any incentives. Of course, it's like pulling teeth to get them to confirm this via email prior to paying them a visit.

I'd be interested to know how you and the dealer worked out the remaining lease term of your Elantra? I think you said earlier you had a couple months left on it.

Thanks!
    My payment is $233/mo with tax.

The VW dealer basically took my Elantra in trade and bought out the lease (which was the residual value plus the remaining two payments) - trade in value on my paperwork was $12,000 or so. On the cap cost, they added in about $1000 or so to their rock bottom price to compensate.

The deal was basically $209/mo plus $24/mo to address the lease buyout.

My dealer was very transparent with the numbers - I was standing at the GM's desk while he used his lease software to manipulate his numbers to match what I was getting on my iPhone.

The Sport, while more expensive, has a slightly better residual, but less lease cash. Be advised there is an additional $500 bonus cash until 9/6 - this is in addition to the $1000 previously announced, and both are on top of the available lease cash. That's how your dealer is able to show a $4K discount.

My deal was probably more complicated because I was almost 4,000 miles over on mileage, and I had some nasty damage to my rear bumper, which will need to be replaced before they can resell it. This was in addition to the 2 payments left.

My suggestion is to get a trade value on the Camry, then call TFS and find out what the buyout value is. That way, you'll know whether you're positive or negative on the equity, and can make your deal accordingly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• barkleinbarklein Member Posts: 8
    hi would like to know 2016 Jetta SE MF Res 24m 10/12k. Location new york city
    barklein said:

hi would like to know 2016 Jetta SE MF Res 24m 10/12k. Location new york city

.00005 and 59% or 58%. $1750 lease cash and $1500 bonus cash.

Nice choice! :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey so I got an offer for 2016 Jetta SE 24m/10k for 227/Mo and 577 driveoff. What do you think? Also I'm in NYC
    barklein said:

Hey so I got an offer for 2016 Jetta SE 24m/10k for 227/Mo and 577 driveoff. What do you think? Also I'm in NYC

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP: 21,235. Adj. Cap cost : 17940.28
  • harshchauhanharshchauhan Member Posts: 4
    what will be the MF and Residual value on jetta 2016 s 1.4T auto ? 36months and 12k miles in Bay area , California

what will be the MF and Residual value on jetta 2016 s 1.4T auto ? 36months and 12k miles in Bay area , California

.00005 and 51% $1250 lease cash and $1500 bonus cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

barklein said:

barklein said:

MSRP: 21,235. Adj. Cap cost : 17940.28

59% and .00005. With your prices, I also get$227/mo. Does your cap cost already include your tax and fees?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

getting a deal for vw jetta 2016 s 1.4T auto for 2000 cash including registration license and all and 130/mo including tax. location bay area, California

Michaell said:

getting a deal for vw jetta 2016 s 1.4T auto for 2000 cash including registration license and all and 130/mo including tax. location bay area, California
    What is the MSRP and adjusted cap cost?

Tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Tax rate?
    MF is .00055
    and cap is 16038

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Tax rate?
    MF is .00055
    and cap is 16038
    tax here is 8.75%
  • drengadrenga Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I would very much appreciate the MF and residual value for a 2016 Jetta 1.4 and 1.8 both SE, 36months/10k. location Columbus, OH. Also, is there a difference in the numbers between the SE and SEL? Thank you!
    drenga said:

Hello, I would very much appreciate the MF and residual value for a 2016 Jetta 1.4 and 1.8 both SE, 36months/10k. location Columbus, OH. Also, is there a difference in the numbers between the SE and SEL? Thank you!

SE and SEL:

.00005 MF and 52% residual. $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Hi! Looking for lease numbers on 2016 Jetta 1.4 S/SE 10k/36 or best available term in TX. What are the current incentives? Is there an additional $500 for labor day?
    Thanks,
    kar_freak said:

Hi! Looking for lease numbers on 2016 Jetta 1.4 S/SE 10k/36 or best available term in TX. What are the current incentives? Is there an additional $500 for labor day?
    Thanks,

.00005 MF and 52% residual for either
    $1250/$1750 lease cash on the S/SE

We have heard there is an extra $500 incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2016
    kyfdx said:

kar_freak said:

Thanks,

Thanks! Any info on tax credits in TX? Are they requiring the purchase of a protection plan? How about conquest cash?
    kar_freak said:

kyfdx said:

kar_freak said:

Thanks,

Thanks! Any info on tax credits in TX? Are they requiring the purchase of a protection plan? How about conquest cash?
    There is an extra $500 incentive good through 9/6. I know because I used it when I leased my Jetta SE two weeks ago.

No information on whether VW dealers offer TX tax credits.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kar_freak said:

kyfdx said:

kar_freak said:

Thanks,

Tax credits in August required the purchase of an LEWP contract. Not sure if that promotion is still going on, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stockguy39stockguy39 Member Posts: 7
    Hi All, would appreciate some advice. Just left the dealership. They offered $1500 in incentives due to labor day.2016 Jetta GLI SE. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. Sticker price was $29,240, Sale price $26,040. Residual $16,959.

They quoted me $500 due at signing. and payments of $271 a month tax included. Is this a good deal?

Hi All, would appreciate some advice. Just left the dealership. They offered $1500 in incentives due to labor day.2016 Jetta GLI SE. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. Sticker price was $29,240, Sale price $26,040. Residual $16,959.

They quoted me $500 due at signing. and payments of $271 a month tax included. Is this a good deal?

That looks like a very good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• s_h_nycs_h_nyc Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you please tell me the MF and residual on the 2016 Jetta 1.4 S & SE 10k/36 and 12k/36, in NY and MA?

Thank you!
    s_h_nyc said:

Hi,

Can you please tell me the MF and residual on the 2016 Jetta 1.4 S & SE 10k/36 and 12k/36, in NY and MA?

Thank you!

.00005 and 51% / 50%.

$1500 lease cash on S; $2000 lease cash on SE

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• porschefan6porschefan6 Member Posts: 11
    Hello , looking for my niece. Recent college grad. 2016 VW Jetta SE Auto, 12/36, Long Island NY. MF, Res any rebates. (Same for Beetle S and SE, if you can do that)

Thank you.

Hello , looking for my niece. Recent college grad. 2016 VW Jetta SE Auto, 12/36, Long Island NY. MF, Res any rebates. (Same for Beetle S and SE, if you can do that)

Thank you.

.00005 and 50%. $2000 lease cash.

Beetle lease thread is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41378/volkswagen/beetle/2016-beetle-lease-info#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rive921rive921 Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2016
    Hi Michaell. Looking for numbers for following:

2017 Jetta GLI, automatic, 24/10 & 36/10, for NYC

2016 Jetta GLI se, automatic, 24/10 & 36/10, for NYC

Any incentives?

Thanks.
    rive921 said:

Any incentives?

Thanks.

2016 - .00005 and 57% (36/10) or 64% (24/10)

$1250 lease cash.

2017 lease discussion is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42953/volkswagen/jetta/2017-volkswagen-jetta-lease-questions/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rive921rive921 Member Posts: 27
    Michaell said:

rive921 said:

Any incentives?

Thanks.

$1250 lease cash.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42953/volkswagen/jetta/2017-volkswagen-jetta-lease-questions/p1?new=1
    Thanks. Are the numbers different for NJ and 12K?
    rive921 said:

Michaell said:

rive921 said:

Any incentives?

Thanks.

$1250 lease cash.

Thanks. Are the numbers different for NJ and 12K?
    Subtract 1% to go from 10K/yr to 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bonguribonguri Member Posts: 4
    HI! Can I get MFs, RVs and any incentives for a 2016 Jetta 1.4T S Auto. 12K/36 mo in Maryland or VA?
    bonguri said:

HI! Can I get MFs, RVs and any incentives for a 2016 Jetta 1.4T S Auto. 12K/36 mo in Maryland or VA?

.00005 and 50%. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 77scottg77scottg Member Posts: 25
    Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K lease in northeast Ohio.
    Thanks!
    77scottg said:

Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K lease in northeast Ohio.
    Thanks!

.00005 MF and 52% residual. $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator