Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

We Forgot Something - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2016 in Kia
imageWe Forgot Something - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

The first service for the 2016 Kia Optima is supposed to be at 7,500 miles. We've mistakenly gone past that.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I don't think it should be something that you can turn off. The maintenance intervals are infrequent enough that they are not a daily bother. They should alert the owner and require them to go through the reset procedure (which should be stored in an entry somewhere in the car in case of issues later). We're not talking about 3,000 mile oil changes anymore. When the car needs maintenance, it really needs to be done.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Take one part fairly large car with very small, highly-stressed turbo engine, driven under severe driving regimen, and add one part going almost 2400 miles past the oil-change interval. Mix well...but it doesn't mix well.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2016
    The Optima has a 10k/12 month interval in the UK. (kia.co.uk) Probably a lawyer thing here. Or maybe the US version made in Georgia is junk?
  • whobodymwhobodym Member Posts: 190
    it's hard to prove, but I swear that during the week I drove my Audi from DC to FL to TX to MT to WA (i.e. ~5,000 mi all in one week) the service reminder popup screen showed every night at shutdown, even though I was still many thousand miles from service due. I believe it was making a logical extrapolation that I might reach the mileage in only a few more days. Back home, it never pops up until <1,000 mi to go. (you can deliberately select the screen and see it anytime, of course). Very well thought out I believe.