Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Looking for car with good suspension within 35-40k

shyam1988shyam1988 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2016 in General
Hi Guys,

I am currently driving toyota camry 2015 LE and want to upgrade due to several reason. Athough the mileage is very good in camry but the suspension is not that good at all. You can feel all road bump, potholes. The car sometimes jump around side by side in uneven road which is very irritating. Could you guy please suggest a suitable car in 35-40k range with good suspension along with moderate to good fuel economy. is BMW 2 series good, or Lexus or any other suggestions?

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    This comes down to personal preference. You'll need to test drive several. You might try buying the Consumer Reports new car guide and see what they say about various cars' ride and handling. But you've asked for conflicting things: a suspension that insulates you from the bumps is often softer, which allows more side to side movement.

What size tires/wheels are on your car?
  • shyam1988shyam1988 Member Posts: 5
    16 inch tire..
    I drove avalon once and a bmw 3 series.. best suspension i ever experienced. Worse was on a VW jetta SE..
    I am not saying toyota suspension is bad but the car actually feel very light.. while avalon and bmw felt heavy.. even mazda/chevy impala... camry feels so light ..I don't know if the car is actually light or it's tuned that way...want a car which hadles road well and don't wobble around too much..
    They all weigh about the same. 
    It feels like camry jerks more than other cars and others jerks less..feels like camry has less dampeners than others.. I would like your expert opinion on this.
    I kind of like to have suggestion on cars with more soft suspension which can dampen the road jerks.
    So
    BMW 2 series/3 series
    Mercedes CLA/ C class
    Jaguar XE
    Lexus ES/IS

I am leaning on getting lease ..monthly $400-500.. so which one kind of got best suspension?
    I'd drop the IS and the CLA if you're looking for a smooth ride. 
    How much do you think Jaguar XE and Toyota Avalon Touring would score with BMW 3 series 320i or so?