Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Santa Fe Sport prices paid

just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
edited July 2016 in Hyundai
Hello everyone. I really appreciated looking at this website in the past for what people are really paying for new cars. I just bought a new 2017 Santa Fe Sport with the premium package that stickered for $31,600.00. I got a $2300.00 discount from the dealer and $4000.00 in rebates for a total of $6300.00 off sticker. The Santa Fe is one of the lowest 5 year ownership cost out there in its category and now that I just took all the first years depreciation out of the picture this is a great deal. Now I have the 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper and the 100,000 mile 10 year power-train warranty.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats!

Is yours the 2.0T AWD? (trying to figure out the model and option pack).

Looks like TMV for Cincinnati is running right at invoice, and we're showing a $1,250 incentive right now that puts TMV about $900 below invoice. Very competitive numbers, and it sounds like you found some more incentives too.

Warranty Week just came out with their annual auto warranty report for Asian cars and Hyundai has the lowest accrual rates in the world, having beat out Honda for the title in the last couple of years. Translated, that mostly means that Hyundai builds their cars so well that they don't have to spend much money after the sale on warranty work.

• just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    Stever: No mine is 2.4 liter which I knew was going to be a little under powered and it is. I now have 2000 miles on it and have averaged 28MPG which was important to me. I did find extra rebates like the matching Boost up program that Hyundai has. The trick to that is you have to open the account 30 days before you can pull money out. You do not have to put any money in it till you want the match so I opened it months ago just in case the Santa Fe beat out the competition. The other rebate that was not well known was $750.00 rebate for trade assist. I got all of my rebate info from True-car.
  • just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    Stever: The response to the warranty comment is that I am not surprised. I have always bought Fords but in 2011 my wife had to have the Sonata Limited with the wine package. To be honest I kind of laughed but the princess always gets what she wants. Her car now has 80,000 miles on it and I am 1 set of tires, 1 set of front brakes and 2 light bulbs in for service so far. I have also changed the oil but you can't beat that. So when it came down to a new car for me I gave Hyundai my money as well. We will see 5 years down the road if her car was a freak or if Hyundai is the new Toyota. I love how they come down off of sticker to help on depreciation because they do depreciate like a Ford Ha ha.

I did find extra rebates like the matching Boost up program that Hyundai has. The trick to that is you have to open the account 30 days before you can pull money out.

It's really nice to see people plan ahead and grab extra dough like that. I'm not organized enough to manage that. Nice going.

• revelrevel Member Posts: 4
    Was able to get $2400 off MSRP from the dealer on a Santa Fe Sport Popular Package 2.4 AWD. Only got $2250 in rebates though, wish I found the boost rebate earlier.

Heres the deal I got:

Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD Popular Package:
    MSRP: $30060
    Selling Price: $27660

Rebates: $2250

Leased 36mo/10k:
    MF: .00071
    Residual: 58%

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    revel said:

Was able to get $2400 off MSRP from the dealer on a Santa Fe Sport Popular Package 2.4 AWD. Only got $2250 in rebates though, wish I found the boost rebate earlier.

Heres the deal I got:

Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD Popular Package:
    MSRP: $30060
    Selling Price: $27660

Rebates: $2250

Leased 36mo/10k:
    MF: .00071
    Residual: 58%

Congrats! What is the payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• m_jonism_jonis Member Posts: 17
    2017 SFS AWD, 2.0T Ultimate w/tech package
    Mineral Gray

Before Tax, Title, Registration and trade-in:
    $34,500

$3250 in rebates, but could not combine 0.9% APR with $1750 of the rebates. HOWEVER, after 90 days of payments to Hyundai Motor Finance, you can supposedly then re-finance elsewhere (ie: credit union, etc.) and not lose the rebates.

3.09% APR for 60 months (with rebates)
    3.99% APR for 72 months (with rebates)

I'll be refinancing in 3 months to 1.99% with local credit union.

I ran the numbers, and it was cheaper with the rebates and doing the 60-months vs. taking the 0.9% APR for 60 months and losing the rebates. I basically "griped" about that and dealer took additional discount that was equal to the interest payment difference (I'd run the numbers at home).
    edited September 2016
    Nice homework - congrats!

Every time I've played with our low APR vs Rebates calculator, the rebates won. Except a 0% APR and even those have been about a wash
  • benfbenf Member Posts: 36
    Just bought a 2017 SFS AWD with Popular Package, MSPR $29,805 including destination.

Dealer discounted price: $27,300 ($2505 discount, not incl rebates)

Rebates were:
    $2000 Hyundai std SFS rebate
    $750 Financing rebate (3.29%), financed $10k to get the rebate, plan to payoff almost immediately
    $1000 Uber rebate, became an Uber driver with only 3-day wait, vehicle inspection cost $35
    $500 Dealer "coupon" rebate, appeared on the sales document as part of the rebate, paid by Hyundai

Total rebates: $4,250

Total price paid before taxes, license and other state and federally mandated fees: $23,050.

Total discount from MSRP: $6,755 or 22.7%

I wish I had planned ahead and gotten the additional Boostup rebate and saved another $500.

Minnesota caps their doc fee at $75, but has very high auto sales tax.