Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Good Rear Visibility - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2016 in Toyota
imageGood Rear Visibility - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Although they may look strange, the dual glass panels on the back of our long-term 2016 Toyota Prius are a boon for visibility.

Read the full story here

Comments

• longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Weird-looking car...but you're right - visibility is good to the rear.
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    edited September 2016
    I never understood how that bar splitting the rear view is acceptable, in any Prius or Insight. It can be avoided! Hyundai did it in the Veloster. In the Veloster, the bar coincides exactly with the top-edge of the rear view mirror, thus making it invisible. The rear view mirror's image exactly fits the size of the lower window, as seen from the driver's perspective. Therefore, I ask again, how is this stupid bar, cutting right through the driver's line of sight "acceptable," let alone good?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I never quite got used to the split window in the '14 rental Prius we drove out to LA last year. It got better after a week, but I imagine it's harder to get used to than wearing bifocals.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Good on them, but the dual-window hatchback is not a new feature in automobiles...or even in Priuses. The very first implementation I am aware of was in the 1983 Honda CRX.