Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Help evaluate if I am getting th best deal on a 2016 GLE SUV 350

sjlang11sjlang11 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Mercedes-Benz
The Lunar Blue one I have in stock that has all the features you are looking for is MSRP $65,790. If I am able to do a 10% discount the Sale price would be $59,211 exactly. The numbers I am presenting are based off of that sale price, 10k miles a year and only minimum drive offs.

Residual on 10k miles @ 36 months is 56%
Money factor is based of of Mercedes Benz calculation .00055
The Minimum drive off is $2,336.82 Due at signing
The payment would be $837.67

Seems high to me Heck I could buy it at that payment. isnt leasing supposed to be way less a month?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    sjlang11 said:

The Lunar Blue one I have in stock that has all the features you are looking for is MSRP $65,790. If I am able to do a 10% discount the Sale price would be $59,211 exactly. The numbers I am presenting are based off of that sale price, 10k miles a year and only minimum drive offs.

Residual on 10k miles @ 36 months is 56%
    Money factor is based of of Mercedes Benz calculation .00055
    The Minimum drive off is $2,336.82 Due at signing
    The payment would be $837.67

Seems high to me Heck I could buy it at that payment. isnt leasing supposed to be way less a month?

RWD or 4Matic?

MF is .00049 for RWD or .00044 for 4Matic. I also show 55% residual for 36/10.

Using your MSRP and selling price, I get a payment of $686/mo for RWD or $682/mo for 4Matic, before taxes.

I would confirm the adjusted cap cost the dealer is using. And, the dealer may mark up the MF for more profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thank you! Its a 4Matic and the adjusted cap cost he is using on it is 53,065.23 It actuallys sasy specifically Cap Cost: 59093.00
    Cap Reduction : 6027.77Adjusted cap cost : 53065.23o
  • Options
    sjlang11 said:

Thank you! Its a 4Matic and the adjusted cap cost he is using on it is 53,065.23 It actuallys sasy specifically Cap Cost: 59093.00
    Cap Reduction : 6027.77Adjusted cap cost : 53065.23o

Is that cap reduction coming out of your pocket? That isn't something we recommend - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Great question! This is so confusing if you don't know this stuff. So you think the cap reduction of 6027. might be what he considers a down payment from me? I wasn't planning on that. Thanks I'm going to go ask
  • Options
    sjlang11 said:

Great question! This is so confusing if you don't know this stuff. So you think the cap reduction of 6027. might be what he considers a down payment from me? I wasn't planning on that. Thanks I'm going to go ask

A cap reduction is either cash from the customer or an incentive from the manufacturer. Not aware of any current incentives from MBFS, so my guess they want cash from you.

To help untangle this, you might want to research the articles at this link:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    You are the best! thanks so much