Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Why do I have radiator fluid in all 4 cyclinders of my 1996 Chrysler convertible? Not a head gasket

willn2nstl4uwilln2nstl4u Member Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Chrysler
I have a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convertible 2.4L engine. My power steering fluid caught on fire recently and I've been trying to repair the car to at least get it running. The engine runs GREAT, until radiator fluid collects inside ALL 4 of my cylinders at which point you can imagine it becomes REALLY loud and doesnt want to run. i've run a radiator test to see if i have a bad head gasket and it came back clear. Plus there is no white smoke discharge or "sweet" smell. It also wants to die if i give it any gas, but if I keep my foot off the gas pedal it will run, albeit slowly. I've been teaching myself how to work on this car by researching online and reverse engineering problems at the salvage yards but this one has me stumped!! ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Is this a real post?
    1) Testing your radiator has nothing to do with the head gasket.
    2) How do you know all 4 cylinders have fluid in them?
    3) Either your head gasket is blown or all of your cylinders are cracked.

I can't imagine your engine even runs at all if what you're claiming is true.