Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• tonyp1217tonyp1217 Member Posts: 12
    tonyp1217 said:

Hello... I was offered this deal in NJ on a 16 GC Limited 42,500 MSRP. Is this a good deal? 

$400 per month 
    36 months 
    12k miles per year
    First payment waived 
    $24,621 residual value & 25¢ per excess mile
    Lease company = AFCU Bank 

Dealer will cut me a check for $765 to take me out of my lease early (my remaining payments) or take my car and I pay excess miles on my current lease. 

Thanks! 
    This is also $0 out of pocket
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    tonyp1217 said:

Hello... I was offered this deal in NJ on a 16 GC Limited 42,500 MSRP. Is this a good deal? 

$400 per month 
    36 months 
    12k miles per year
    First payment waived 

Dealer will cut me a check for $765 to take me out of my lease early (my remaining payments) or take my car and I pay excess miles on my current lease. 

Thanks! 
    Looks cheap. I have no info on independent bank numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

tonyp1217 said:

$400 per month 
    36 months 
    12k miles per year
    First payment waived 

Thanks! 

What numbers do you get when you run those terms ?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    tonyp1217 said:

kyfdx said:

tonyp1217 said:

$400 per month 
    36 months 
    12k miles per year
    First payment waived 

Thanks! 

What numbers do you get when you run those terms ?

Need to know the adjusted cap cost in order to calculate a payment. But, when you use a 3rd party bank, the dealer is entitled to add incentives to the deal that don't otherwise exist, so we can't really do an apples-to-apples comparison.

The Chrysler Capital numbers on the 2016 JGC Limited 4x4 are .00082 and 55% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• maxman8maxman8 Member Posts: 11
    Hi there,

I have been offered the following and would appreciate some feedback:

2016 JGC 4X4 Limited
    MSRP: $42,900
    With incentives: $37,374

36 months, 10K miles a year
    Money down: $3,200 (including tax)
    Monthly payment: $355

Does this sound good?

Thanks.
    maxman8 said:

Hi there,

2016 JGC 4X4 Limited

Does this sound good?

Thanks.

What state and tax rate?

What does the $3200 up front cover?

The Chrysler numbers this month are .00082 and 56%; with your prices, I get $421/mo plus tax. Your payment quote looks pretty good, by comparison.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

maxman8 said:

Hi there,

2016 JGC 4X4 Limited

Does this sound good?

Thanks.

What state and tax rate?

The Chrysler numbers this month are .00082 and 56%; with your prices, I get $421/mo plus tax. Your payment quote looks pretty good, by comparison.
    Thanks for your reply.

The state is New York and the sales tax is 8.625%

Quite honestly, I'm not certain what the $3,200 includes, but that is absolutely all I would be paying up front.
    maxman8 said:

Michaell said:

maxman8 said:

Hi there,

2016 JGC 4X4 Limited

Does this sound good?

Thanks.

What state and tax rate?

Thanks for your reply.

Quite honestly, I'm not certain what the $3,200 includes, but that is absolutely all I would be paying up front.
    NY collects sales tax up front on a lease as the sum of the monthly payments.

That's about half - the other half is acquisition fee, dealer fee, first payment and DMV costs.

But, I'd ask for a full accounting from the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

maxman8 said:

Michaell said:

maxman8 said:

Hi there,

2016 JGC 4X4 Limited

Does this sound good?

Thanks.

What state and tax rate?

Thanks for your reply.

NY collects sales tax up front on a lease as the sum of the monthly payments.

That's about half - the other half is acquisition fee, dealer fee, first payment and DMV costs.

But, I'd ask for a full accounting from the dealer.
    Will do. Thanks again!
  • bgosnellbgosnell Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2016
    Could I please have the residual and money factor for a 2016 JGC 4x4 Overland for 36/15 and 39/15 in IL ?
    bgosnell said:

Could I please have the residual and money factor for a 2016 JGC 4x4 Overland for 36/15 and 39/15 in IL ?

36/15 - .00053 and 51%. Subtract 2% for 39/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jsquared123jsquared123 Member Posts: 13
    Hi there, heading to the dealer on Saturday.. would you be able to provide residuals and MF for the 2016 Laredo and Limited both 4x4, 36/12 and 36/15?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, heading to the dealer on Saturday.. would you be able to provide residuals and MF for the 2016 Laredo and Limited both 4x4, 36/12 and 36/15?

Thanks in advance

36/15
    Laredo .00086 and 53%
    Limited .00082 and 53%

Add 2% for 12k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jsquared123jsquared123 Member Posts: 13
    Michaell said:

Thanks in advance

36/15
    Laredo .00086 and 53%
    Limited .00082 and 53%

Add 2% for 12k
    Thanks very much!
  • hwajid2hwajid2 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out. Got a lease quote for a 2016 GC Overland 4x4 36/12k with 23P quick package and employee pricing in Michigan.

MSRP (includes dest): $48,985
    Selling price: $44,919
    Monthly Payment: $501/month
    RV:51%
    0 due at signing.

They're going through US bank and dealer says he doesn't have the MF. The dealer is saying I get $6750 in rebates (for the employee pricing) and says its included in the monthly payment, which doesn't make sense to me.

He also says there is an acquisition fee of $595 that's been factored into the payments. US bank takes a $395 disposition fee as well.

They are taking back a lease that has 1-2 payments left ($279/month). I'm not sure why the dealer isn't as clear about the money breakdown. Does this deal make sense? Is it worth it?
    Thanks!
    hwajid2 said:

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out. Got a lease quote for a 2016 GC Overland 4x4 36/12k with 23P quick package and employee pricing in Michigan.

0 due at signing.

They're going through US bank and dealer says he doesn't have the MF. The dealer is saying I get $6750 in rebates (for the employee pricing) and says its included in the monthly payment, which doesn't make sense to me.

He also says there is an acquisition fee of $595 that's been factored into the payments. US bank takes a $395 disposition fee as well.

They are taking back a lease that has 1-2 payments left ($279/month). I'm not sure why the dealer isn't as clear about the money breakdown. Does this deal make sense? Is it worth it?
    Thanks!

Yes, third party leases are often accompanied by big rebates, but they also have large MF.

He does have the MF, he just doesn't want to share it. Be polite but firm in asking.

And, ask for the adjusted cap cost, when all the incentives are factored in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Yes, third party leases are often accompanied by big rebates, but they also have large MF.

He does have the MF, he just doesn't want to share it. Be polite but firm in asking.

Ok thanks. I will definitely ask. I don't understand how there is a $6750 in rebates when there is only about $4,000 difference between MSRP and selling price.
    Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Ok so dealer says
    Adjusted cap cost with incentives comes out to $39,422
    MF 0.00110
    Due at signing $1,176 (first month, sales tax, plate transfer, doc fee, registration fee and dealer fee)
    $0 downpayment

He also said Acquisition fee is $695 (not $595). Disposition fee remains same.

So do these numbers make sense? Good deal?
    hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Ok so dealer says
    MF 0.00110
    Due at signing $1,176 (first month, sales tax, plate transfer, doc fee, registration fee and dealer fee)
    $0 downpayment

I get $472/mo plus tax, so $501 seems to be in the ballpark.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Ok so dealer says
    MF 0.00110
    $0 downpayment

Ok thanks. Yes taxes 6% so about $28 per month. I just thought the monthly price seemed a bit high. I thought a good lease should be around $100-$130 per $10,000 of the car's value.
    hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Ok so dealer says
    MF 0.00110
    $0 downpayment

Ok thanks. Yes taxes 6% so about $28 per month. I just thought the monthly price seemed a bit high. I thought a good lease should be around $100-$130 per $10,000 of the car's value.
    Replace "value" with "MSRP" and you're in the ballpark.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alludcalludc Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2016
    my 2 dealers im working with are not very forthcoming with detailed #s.

2016 Limited RWD
    MSRP $42045
    selling price $37545 + 1500 rebates = $36045
    $2500 due at signing
    42mo/10k miles
    $449.10 p/mo (includes taxes) Maricopa County AZ
    says.... Residual value is 48% Equates to $20181.60. FCA Lease

Looking at this thread, seems as if these guys are way high.
    *have not yet shown me a cap
    hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Hi,

0 due at signing.

Thanks!

Ok so dealer says
    MF 0.00110
    $0 downpayment

$100-$130 per $10,000 of MSRP.. ($100 per $10,000 is better, obviously)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bgosnellbgosnell Member Posts: 34
    Any lease numbers on 2017s yet? Looking for 36/15 and 39/15 on 4x4 JGC Overland.
  • nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183
    IS there any difference between limited and limited 75th anniversary number? 36/10k in illinois AWD.

bgosnell said:

Any lease numbers on 2017s yet? Looking for 36/15 and 39/15 on 4x4 JGC Overland.

The 2017 JGC discussion is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42511/jeep/grand-cherokee/2017-jeep-grand-cherokee-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

nicksmu17 said:

IS there any difference between limited and limited 75th anniversary number? 36/10k in illinois AWD.

No difference - .00082 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183
    Sorry, So many dang models. What is 36/10 on the high altitude? IL 4/4
    nicksmu17 said:

Sorry, So many dang models. What is 36/10 on the high altitude? IL 4/4

.00053 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Reporting my deal in NJ... Want to know if I got a good deal 

MSRP 42,400 (they added navigation but wasn't included in sticker price)
    gross cap cost 42,707
    cap reduction 5,977
    adjusted cap cost 36,370
    residusl value 24,621 

36 months
    12k miles per year 
    $400 per month 
    $0 out of pocket + first months payment 

cut me a check for $765 to make my remaining lease payments

Thanks
    tonyp1217 said:

gross cap cost 42,707
    cap reduction 5,977
    adjusted cap cost 36,370
    residusl value 24,621 

36 months
    12k miles per year 
    $400 per month 

Thanks

2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
    tonyp1217 said:

tonyp1217 said:

gross cap cost 42,707
    cap reduction 5,977
    adjusted cap cost 36,370
    residusl value 24,621 

36 months
    12k miles per year 
    $400 per month 

Thanks

2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
    I like that deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mctwist938mctwist938 Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2016
    Can you please give me numbers for 2016 GC Limited 4x4 in connecticut

12K and 15K
    36, 39, 42 Months

Thank you so much

12K and 15K
    36, 39, 42 Months

Thank you so much

15K numbers
    36 months - .00082 and 53%
    39 months - .00082 and 51%
    42 months - .00063 and 48%

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mctwist938mctwist938 Member Posts: 19

12K and 15K
    36, 39, 42 Months

Thank you so much

Thank you.

I was just quoted numbers in the 2017 thread as well , and at truecar.com estimated cost for each car as a baseline, I can actually lease a 2017 for cheaper than a 2016? Is that accurate? 0.00026 and 0.00011 money factor for the 2017s?

12K and 15K
    36, 39, 42 Months

Thank you so much

Thank you.

I was just quoted numbers in the 2017 thread as well , and at truecar.com estimated cost for each car as a baseline, I can actually lease a 2017 for cheaper than a 2016? Is that accurate? 0.00026 and 0.00011 money factor for the 2017s?
    That's entirely possible ... if there isn't a lot of 2016 inventory, the bankers and marketing folks may want to shift focus on the new 2017's by making them more attractive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pikarupikaru Member Posts: 23
    Could I get updated numbers on a 2016 JGC Overland 4x2 and High Altitude 36/12 and 39/12? Thanks!
    pikaru said:

Could I get updated numbers on a 2016 JGC Overland 4x2 and High Altitude 36/12 and 39/12? Thanks!

36/12 .00061 and 51% for both trims. Subtract 2% for 39/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nycangelonycangelo Member Posts: 18
    Hi

Does the MF/Residual change depending on state?if so can you provide the 36/12k for both NY and NJ on a JGC Ltd 4x4? If it's not the same as you posted (.00082 and 55%) ?
  • 03ex03ex Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2016
    2016 SRT Base in Maryland, MF, and %? I am getting conflicting reports. Putting $10K down, 3yr/15mi, Offering $1200 below invoice but at $899mo top credit seems not add up. Help!!
    nycangelo said:

Hi

Does the MF/Residual change depending on state?if so can you provide the 36/12k for both NY and NJ on a JGC Ltd 4x4? If it's not the same as you posted (.00082 and 55%) ?

That's it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

03ex said:

2016 SRT Base in Maryland, MF, and %? I am getting conflicting reports. Putting $10K down, 3yr/15mi, Offering $1200 below invoice but at $899mo top credit seems not add up. Help!!

.00089 MF and 49% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nycangelonycangelo Member Posts: 18
    kyfdx said:

nycangelo said:

Hi

That's it.
    Thank you. I know this isn't a JGC related Q but any how much I should be factoring in fees on a lease for NY/NJ? I'm thinking around $850 all in. Sound right?
  • mesa4234mesa4234 Member Posts: 7
    tonyp1217 said:

gross cap cost 42,707
    cap reduction 5,977
    adjusted cap cost 36,370
    residusl value 24,621 

36 months
    12k miles per year 
    $400 per month 

Thanks

This looks like a great deal in NJ, I haven't been able to come anywhere near it. Would you mind telling my what dealer you got this at?
    nycangelo said:

kyfdx said:

nycangelo said:

Hi

That's it.
    Thank you. I know this isn't a JGC related Q but any how much I should be factoring in fees on a lease for NY/NJ? I'm thinking around $850 all in. Sound right?
    $595 acquisition fee, plus whatever your local DMV fees are. Should be under $1000 for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ms02113ms02113 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    Residual and MF for 2016 Summit 3.6L and 5.7L in MA? 3 years, 15K miles/year.
    ms02113 said:

Residual and MF for 2016 Summit 3.6L and 5.7L in MA? 3 years, 15K miles/year.

.00108 MF and 50% residual.

Engine choice doesn't matter, unless it's diesel

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• clawperclawper Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the valuable info! Looking for MF and Residual for 2016 4x2 overland in CA for 36/10
    clawper said:

Thanks for all the valuable info! Looking for MF and Residual for 2016 4x2 overland in CA for 36/10

.00061 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• clawperclawper Member Posts: 5
    I'm a little new to the leasing game. Is residual and MF something the dealerships will negotiate or do they consider those generally fixed? I got a quote for a 2016 4x2 overland on a 36/10 for $2500 down and $678/mo. Cap Cost is $46260, residual is 47% and MF is .00083. Seems like a pretty bad offer all around, wondering if I try and just negotiate cap cost or do I go back on residual/MF too?