Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Getting the Right Keys, Week 2 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2016 in Chrysler
imageGetting the Right Keys, Week 2 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Our attempt to get the right keys for our 2017 Chrysler Pacifica enters its second week. The dealer gave us the keys to the wrong Pacifica; now we're trying to get new blanks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    The level of incompetence displayed by this dealership is astounding. Quit messing around with the "Sales Manager" and talk to the GM directly. The reason that I put that in quotes as these guys don't care about customer service, only getting the sale.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • Options
    skoprowskiskoprowski Member Posts: 9
    FCA's quality issues go beyond just their products, it's the awful dealerships they have servicing their vehicles. This is a classic example.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    $43,289, they know this is an Edmunds car, and they still can't get the keys right - ridiculous. And some car mfrs wonder why owner loyalty is so low.
  • Options
    whobodymwhobodym Member Posts: 190
    I wonder if Mazda will ever get their keys right, also. Our 2006 Mazda5 "switchblade" keys were hopelessly fragile, breaking off our keyrings, falling in half (electronic half / mech key half), and remote buttons wearing out. Our 2010 Mazda3 "Intelligent" key broke in two from just one ordinary accidental drop of a keyring to kitchen floor. They were literally the worst design features of either car.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    edited September 2016
    Another reason I have absolutely no regrets on passing on an FCA vehicle. I have no patience with gross incompetence. If that had happened at my center I'd bet that one or more people would be joining the ranks of the unemployed.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    Today is Monday. Can't wait to hear how this goes.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.