Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update - Is August Over Already? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2016 in Jeep
imageFuel Economy Update - Is August Over Already? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Here is the latest fuel economy update on our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. The Jeep continues to fall below EPA estimates.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I still can't comprehend how a small vehicle like that can get 22 MPG. I get that its boxy, but its still pretty darn small and not a very large engine either.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Could there be something 'off' with this car compared to other Renegade Trailhawks? Any chance Edmunds could borrow another one for a short period of time to compare? Shouldn't they look into why it is performing so poorly?
  • skoprowskiskoprowski Member Posts: 9
    Maybe they could actually go to the dealer and make sure the vehicle has all software updates. I suspect they don't have the latest update for the 9 speed. It may make a difference.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    I agree with the previous comments - why has this not been looked at? And as such a generally unsatisfactory vehicle, what on earth has possessed Edmunds to pick this car to keep for an extended stay? Jesus - pick the Miata, the BMW, the Civic...to keep for longer...rather than this POS.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    its two points off on average and they are based in bumper to bumper California I don't think it is cause for that much alarm.
  • d0nmand0nman Member Posts: 4
    Yeesh, worse than my 2.4L Patriot with A/T tires. Guess I'll be going Crosstrek