Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Can anyone identify the car in this photograph?

kurier44akurier44a Member Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in General

Answers

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    Tough one, as I am certain it is a now-defunct brand. Don't quote me on this, but to me it most resembles a ~1927 Peerless.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I agree with the 1927 or so date, but the radiator shell looks a little different than a Peerless.

You might also post it here, bet somebody will know:
    http://forums.aaca.org/forum/66-what-is-it/
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Looks somewhat Buick-y to me. The guess on the year seems about right, or close. Artillery wheels would phase out soon after.
    edited September 2016

Looks somewhat Buick-y to me. The guess on the year seems about right, or close. Artillery wheels would phase out soon after.

I was thinking that, ran through a bunch of '27 GM (Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, Buick) photos, still didn't find a match for that radiator and ridge running down the hood. Might have missed it, of course...
    This was the era before "styling" kicked in. Cars were styled by engineers, not "styling departments". They often looked very similar, brand-to-brand.

Styling done by stylists came just a little bit later, through GM.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    Definitely not a GM, I know all those B)

I'm still going with Peerless, or at the very least, a defunct make.

I think "styling" came around with the 1929 Buick.
    I think you're right, the angle made it hard to see the extra shape on the radiator shell. The ridge on the hood is a match. 
    edited September 2016
    Pretty darn close--here's a '26 Peerless---the only thing that doesn't seem to match is the top trim on the door.

But look at the grille and the bottom curve on the windshield.

• BoattailBoattail Member Posts: 1
    The mystery car does look like a Peerless, but it should be a boattail and have more rounded fender edges. Will try to find a piccie of a '27 GM, an Oakland Greater Six Roadster. You do save 1900 bucks buying the GM back in the Twenties{Peerless pictured: $2,995/Oakland pictured: $1,095}

Image result for 1927 Oakland roadster
    wor

worthpoint photo from unnamed sale and unknown photographer