Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Trying to lease a 2016 BMW X5

buhuibabuhuiba Member Posts: 6
edited September 2016 in BMW
It's an sDrive with some packages. MSRP is 63886 and the dealer's final offer on sale price is 57776. Is that a good sale price to continue with the lease deal? Thanks.

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    buhuiba said:

It's an sDrive with some packages. MSRP is 63886 and the dealer's final offer on sale price is 57776. Is that a good sale price to continue with the lease deal? Thanks.

For BMW, anything above a 7% discount from sticker is a good price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• buhuibabuhuiba Member Posts: 6
    Thanks so much for the reply. I'm thinking of doing a 3 years 10000 miles/year lease,
    With MF: 0.00082 after 7 MSD and RV: 59% , what's the monthly number I''m looking at with 0 down. Also, as far as the down payment is concerned, people are saying to put down 0 for leasing, is that true?
    Oh, I'm in texas, not sure how the tax will be calculated on a leased vehicle.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    buhuiba said:

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm thinking of doing a 3 years 10000 miles/year lease,
    With MF: 0.00082 after 7 MSD and RV: 59% , what's the monthly number I''m looking at with 0 down. Also, as far as the down payment is concerned, people are saying to put down 0 for leasing, is that true?

buhuiba said:

Oh, I'm in texas, not sure how the tax will be calculated on a leased vehicle.

.00087 MF after 7 MSDs.
    $2000 option allowance.
    Texas taxes the full selling price

Adding in the $925 acq.fee results in $667/mo.+tax.
    About $3670 for tax (yikes!)
    Adding that in gives $773/mo. with 1st payment, MSDs and DMV fees due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for breaking the numbers for me. Now that with the full tax, it doesn't look good to lease in Texas. About that 2000 option allowance, I was trying to use it to further cut down the sale price, but the dealer was firm on their final offer of 57776 and claimed that price included all the incentives. Is there any other way for me to take advantage of that option allowance? Thank you so much!
    buhuiba said:

Thanks for breaking the numbers for me. Now that with the full tax, it doesn't look good to lease in Texas. About that 2000 option allowance, I was trying to use it to further cut down the sale price, but the dealer was firm on their final offer of 57776 and claimed that price included all the incentives. Is there any other way for me to take advantage of that option allowance? Thank you so much!

I'm pretty certain the dealer quote includes the $2000; but, check with other dealers to see if they can beat that deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Finally found out that my company did have Corporate Fleet Discount with BMW, but the dealer said it is only applicable to 2017 models not on 2016 models. Is it true?
    buhuiba said:

Finally found out that my company did have Corporate Fleet Discount with BMW, but the dealer said it is only applicable to 2017 models not on 2016 models. Is it true?

We've no information about eligibility of model years to the fleet discount program; again, suggest you check with multiple dealers to see if you get a consistent answer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator