Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Motivates Car Shoppers to Write 5-Star Reviews?

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in General
imageWhat Motivates Car Shoppers to Write 5-Star Reviews?

Here are some of the findings from our analysis to illuminate what qualities and experiences motivate consumers to write a 5-star review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• pbarsnicapbarsnica Member Posts: 1
    I would like to review Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. I purchased a GPS system for my Lexus RX 350 and they want $169 to update the system which involves putting in a chip of some kind. Then they want to charge the shop rate will the system downloads. A total of about $350 to update a GPS. I feel this is too high and I can purchase a new GPS every year for $350. Previously you could buy a DVD and update the system easily and less expensively. It literally took minutes. No by doing away with the DVD upgrade and requiring two hours of shop time is wrong.
  • jchilsonjchilson Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a vehicle from Leith Mitsubishi in Raleigh NC. The sales agent who assisted me was a Bobby Corbett. I cannot say enough about Mr. Corbett, he is a man of honor and integrity. He did everything he could to assist in the purchase of the vehicle to make sure all expectations were met. He also made follow up phone calls to assure compete satisfaction. If you are looking to buy a vehicle in the near future, pay a visit to Leith Mitsubishi and asked for Bobby Corbett, you will be glad you did. Jeff Chilson
  • johnenglishprojohnenglishpro Member Posts: 1
    G & D auto sales tampa fl,
    Stay away from this place, this is a scam, scam, scam, they are the worst car dealers in the entire city of tampa florida, if you want to waste your money and your credit then go them, otherwise steer clear, I attempted to purchase a 2005 ford mustang on 08/27/15 I returned the vehicle back to the dealership today 09/28/15 not even 30 days later, First, the vehicle needed a timing chain and the dealer said it needed transmission mounts, I had my mechanic fix the timing chain and transmission mounts 800.00 repair, then it started to run hot, I took it back to the dealer he said I needed a radiator cap, turns out it needed a reservoir, 100.00, then a couple of days later the transmission started to slip, I took it back, they overfilled it with transmission fluid which stopped the slipping for a few days, then transmission started to act up again, he said he would pay half of transmission, but I had to go to their mechanic, so I relunctantly agreed to this, because I was so deep into this, while I was saving money to repair transmission, the radiator begin making a hissing sound, I took to my mechanic and he said radiator is dying, and would have to be replaced. So within 30 days the radiator, transmission, and timing chain broke. Car was a lemon, unfortunately florida doesn't have a lemon law and the car was purchased as is. If I were you I would go somewhere else, these guys will not fix your car, they will smile in your face, shake hands and lie all at the same time. Do not go here, go somewhere else, anywhere else, because I am now out of 2500.00 total and I don't have a car. My first red flag was they were speaking English to me but Spanish to each other, my second red flag was I put 1500.00 down and then he told me that I would have to pay sales tax before financing the car when normally the sales tax is financed, 3rd red flag was the older guy Juan or Jose I can remember his name, but his jokes, and constant flattery was off pudding.
  • btuza30btuza30 Member Posts: 1
    I'm not someone who writes a lot of reviews. I recently bought a new RAV 4 from Toyota Sunnyvale and the experience was incredible. The sales team, including Jay, Diana and Steve helped provide me the a great price including everything I was looking for. They were upfront and honest about everything and went way out of their way to make sure all of my needs were met. If you are shopping in the bay area, then I would strongly recommend you check them out. Even if they don't have the car on their lot, they will do everything they can to get it delivered for you. 5 STARS!!!!
  • chris08900chris08900 Member Posts: 1
    Recently I bought a new rav4 from DCH Brunswick Toyota, New Jersey. The staffs in this dealership are well trained and professional. The sales representative assisting me with the purchase is John Barker. He is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to helping me pick up a vehicle that suits my lifestyle needs. He is friendly and patient in the whole process, and explicitly explains all the fees /taxes that may apply. Thanks John and all the folks at DCH Brunswick Toyota.
  • katherineb1katherineb1 Member Posts: 1
    This was one of the worst car buying experiences of my life! DO NOT BUY A USED CAR FROM HERITAGE CADILLAC. I bought a 2006 Cadillac CTS for my daughter after driving it no less than five times to makes sure it was the right car, no engine lights, no obvious issues. I was assured by my sales person Tom Gurshaw that this was the best car for the price, and that I would be so happy I got this one for my daughter. That was in June, this is October and the car has been TOWED BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP SIX TIMES!!!!! First, it was something small, quick fix- then it was the battery= 180.00 later...ok. Next tow 300.00; next tow 200.00; next tow 280...you get the picture!!! NOW TOW NUMBER SIX (mind you, it's 150.00 every time my car is towed so I am well over 700.00 in tows alone). MARK the USED CAR MANAGER pretended to be concerned and did nothing to make it right! Just kept giving me the used car pitch about how much they care but could do nothing and eventually stopped returning my calls altogether. NOW THEY HAVE MY MONEY AND MY CAR AND I AM UBERIUNG SEEING AS HOW WE HAVE NO CAR even though we just BOUGHT one 4 months ago!!! DO THEY CARE??? OH, they cared plenty when they wanted my money- now it's basically, GO F YOURSELF!!!! There's NOTHING we CAN or WILL do! Sorry...click!!! So 12000.25 spent on a car that does NOT run half the time and only 4 months ago and I basically can EFF OFF!!!! Thanks, Heritage Cadillac! Useless, and people using, and typically just like used car salespeople who care even less than management and ownership! I have never been so disgusted with a car buying experience in my life and DO NOT BUY FROM HERITAGE CADILLAC THEY DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. BUT THEY ARE NICE AS HELL RIGHT UP UNTIL YOU DRIVE OFF THE LOT AND GET 12 MILES DOWN THE ROAD AND THE CAR DIES RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY!!!! 6 TOWS IN FOUR MONTHS. Their response, that will be 1100.00 to repair the alternator!!!! I just bought the effing car!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE ALTERNATOR ON TOP OF THE LAST FIVE REPAIRS???? I will DIE before I EVER BUY HERE AGAIN. YOU SUCK HERITAGE CADILLAC, MARK, Sonny (nice guy but worthless mechanics can't fix the problem on a car THEY SOLD) and TOM GURSHAW (MORE PROUD OF HIS GLASS COLLECTION THAN PUTTING YOU IN A GOOD CAR) BUNCH OF LIARS AND THIEVES! Take your money and sell you a LEMON! DON't GO HERE!
  • lexusworst17lexusworst17 Member Posts: 1
    I have lived the worst situation dealing with Lexus of kendall dealer. After being a customer for over 3 years, I think I have received the worst treatment and worst customer service. I do not recommend this dealer to anybody, they know how to persuade you to take a car from them, very good sales people, they called me almost every day to renew my lease, until I got tired of their post sale service and decided to change to gunther mazda in fort lauderdale, fl. At this dealer they only care about about the sale.

To make a long story short, after I ended my lease 1 year and a half ago, I have been trying to get lexus of kendall dealer to give me the wear and tear company they sold me the insurance through, and sales person doesn't reply texts, phone calls, or even I have been to the dealer and every one seems to wash their hands with my case.

Also, AND THE WORST, they told me they would take care of the miles when I traded in my previous lexus, and now I am in collection because lexus's has taken forever to take action in my case. I know is my fault i signed the thousands of pages of contract they make customers sign, and failed to read that lexus is not responsible for miles, however I do remember the sales guy telling me lexus would remove the excess miles because that is the reason why renewed my first lease with them. So, WORST DEALER EVER IN MIAMI, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST EXPERIENCE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    We actually have a place for dealer reviews which will get more notice than posting here:

https://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/

This topic is more for commentary about the article itself.