Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW M3 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
edited September 2016 in BMW
Ask your 2017 M3 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• dmillionsdmillions Member Posts: 20
    Hi, do you have mf and resid for 36/10k?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    dmillions said:

Hi, do you have mf and resid for 36/10k?

.00136 and 62%. $1000 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jobryantjobryant Member Posts: 15
    Could I get the RV and MF for the M3 36/12k? Also, do these numbers vary by state, county or dealership or are all dealerships required to use the same numbers? Thanks!
    jobryant said:

Could I get the RV and MF for the M3 36/12k? Also, do these numbers vary by state, county or dealership or are all dealerships required to use the same numbers? Thanks!

.00136 and 61%. $1000 option credit.

So far as we know, the numbers are national. Dealer cannot touch the residual, but can mark up the MF by as much as .00040 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

jobryant said:

So far as we know, the numbers are national. Dealer cannot touch the residual, but can mark up the MF by as much as .00040 for extra profit.
    Thanks Michaell, this is very helpful!

I'm not distrusting the numbers, but could you tell me where they come from? And who are all you helpful people on Edmunds providing these answers? Are you dealers?

Sorry to ask, but sometimes dealers have told me the MF or RV I have found on Edmunds forums aren't right. Not sure if they're right or if they're playing games with me. :)
    jobryant said:

Michaell said:

jobryant said:

Thanks Michaell, this is very helpful!

I'm not distrusting the numbers, but could you tell me where they come from? And who are all you helpful people on Edmunds providing these answers? Are you dealers?

Sorry to ask, but sometimes dealers have told me the MF or RV I have found on Edmunds forums aren't right. Not sure if they're right or if they're playing games with me. :)
    We are not dealers. The information we have is confidential.

If a dealer doesn't want to shoot straight with you on the numbers, perhaps it's time to find another dealer. We have no horse in the race to make stuff up.

Knowledge is power - the more you have, the less the dealer can deceive you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2016
    Hard to trust these dealers. Thank you again!
    jobryant said:

Hard to trust these dealers. Thank you again!

Work with multiple dealers at the same time ... that way, your chances of getting the best deal go up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• robby28robby28 Member Posts: 15
    Hey folks...pretty new to the forum. Can someone please walk me thru the basic way to calculate a lease payment using the MF and residual? Also, I am pricing a 2017 M3 and so far the best I am getting is full MSRP so trying to see if they are bumping the MF too. Anyone able to negotiate a deal closer to invoice? I live in NJ.

Thanks all
    robby28 said:

Hey folks...pretty new to the forum. Can someone please walk me thru the basic way to calculate a lease payment using the MF and residual? Also, I am pricing a 2017 M3 and so far the best I am getting is full MSRP so trying to see if they are bumping the MF too. Anyone able to negotiate a deal closer to invoice? I live in NJ.

Thanks all

The best way is to build your own calculator:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Not sure what kind of discounting you can get on a 2017 M3 ... in general for BMW, we suggest 5-7% off MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Last question..... What is the residual on a 2017 M3 36/15,000 miles?

Thank you
    Anybody have the residual on a 2017 M3 with 36/15,000?
    robby28 said:

Last question..... What is the residual on a 2017 M3 36/15,000 miles?

Thank you

robby28 said:

Anybody have the residual on a 2017 M3 with 36/15,000?

.00136 and 59%. $1000 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

In New Jersey, is the sales tax based on the actually selling price of the car or on the payments?

Thanks in advance
    robby28 said:

In New Jersey, is the sales tax based on the actually selling price of the car or on the payments?

Thanks in advance

NJ taxes the sum of the payments and collects the money up front. You can choose to add that tax amount to the cap cost - which is our recommendation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell

I currently have the following deal on the table in NJ. Lease of a 2017 M3 with an MSRP of 76,440. $950/Month with $5500 inception fees for 36/15K. They will also payoff the final 3 payments of my Audi lease totaling $1,827. Taxes for the vehicle are paid upfront and part of the inception fees.

I don't have the final price yet but hoping you can back into it for me given the info above.
    They are quoting a RV of .59 and a MF of .00136.

Is this a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    robby28 said:

Michaell

I currently have the following deal on the table in NJ. Lease of a 2017 M3 with an MSRP of 76,440. $950/Month with $5500 inception fees for 36/15K. They will also payoff the final 3 payments of my Audi lease totaling $1,827. Taxes for the vehicle are paid upfront and part of the inception fees.

I don't have the final price yet but hoping you can back into it for me given the info above.
    They are quoting a RV of .59 and a MF of .00136.

Is this a good deal?

.00136 MF and 59% residual is correct for 36/15.
    $1000 option allowance.
    The CAP cost would have to be around $73,500.
    No idea what your selling price might be, though. You have a lot of big numbers floating around there ($5500 and $1827).
    Ask the dealer for the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jmmurphy33jmmurphy33 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2016
    Hi Gents,

First post here.... My lease is coming up on my 4 series and its time to upgrade! I have been pricing out a 2017 M3- w/ the Competition package fully loaded and this is what it's come down to with my dealership.
    I live in Los Angeles, CA by the way...

The car I priced out online came to $82,295. The fleet manager I have been working with at the dealership gave me the following response:

"This car lists for $82295. Based on a selling price at $79000 a 36 month, 10K mile lease would run $944+ tax ($1029) with $4k from you and the $1k loyalty. Of course this is based off the Sept/Oct programs. These should improve come Nov/Dec.(a savings of about $20-$40/month)"

Can you guys please let me know your thoughts? Thank you in advance. Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Hi Gents,

First post here.... My lease is coming up on my 4 series and its time to upgrade! I have been pricing out a 2017 M3- w/ the Competition package fully loaded and this is what it's come down to with my dealership.

The car I priced out online came to $82,295. The fleet manager I have been working with at the dealership gave me the following response:

"This car lists for $82295. Based on a selling price at $79000 a 36 month, 10K mile lease would run $944+ tax ($1029) with $4k from you and the $1k loyalty. Of course this is based off the Sept/Oct programs. These should improve come Nov/Dec.(a savings of about $20-$40/month)"

Can you guys please let me know your thoughts? Thank you in advance. Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

.00136 MF and 62% residual. $1000 option allowance.

At that selling price, I get $954/mo.+tax,

1st payment
    $925 acquisition fee
    $1000 title/registration/doc fee

That's about $3000 upfront.
    The extra $2000 they want from you tells me the money factor is probably marked up to .00176.

So, CAP cost reduction of $2000 + marked up money factor, and I get $947/mo.+tax. Looks pretty close.

Considering the $1000 option allowance, they are only discounting the vehicle by $2300, then adding about $1800 on to your payment via the money factor markup.

So, not impressed with the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2016
    kyfdx said:

Hi Gents,

1st payment
    $925 acquisition fee

The extra $2000 they want from you tells me the money factor is probably marked up to .00176.

So, CAP cost reduction of $2000 + marked up money factor, and I get $947/mo.+tax. Looks pretty close.

Considering the $1000 option allowance, they are only discounting the vehicle by $2300, then adding about $1800 on to your payment via the money factor markup.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on how I would be able to negotiate a better price? What kind of deal would you consider impressive from what I had listed before?

kyfdx said:

Hi Gents,

1st payment
    $925 acquisition fee

Also, any suggestions on how I would be able to negotiate a better price? What kind of deal would you consider impressive from what I had listed before?
    $900/mo. +tax with $2000 out of pocket due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Hi Gents,

1st payment
    $925 acquisition fee

$900/mo. +tax with $2000 out of pocket due at signing.
    Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it.
    This is the most recent quote I received and I had another dealership say they would match the below with a $79,000 sales price which they say would bring the monthly payment down just over $10/month so approx $977/month.

MSRP: $82,295
    Selling price: $79,415

Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 10k miles per year
    Residual: 62%
    Money factor: 0.00136

Drive off: $4,000
    Rebate: $1,000 Loyalty rebate
    Tax: 9% Los Angeles

Monthly payment: $987/mo. including tax

I was going to counter their offer with only $2K down. What would be a realistic sales price and monthly payment you would ask for?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    U

This is the most recent quote I received and I had another dealership say they would match the below with a $79,000 sales price which they say would bring the monthly payment down just over $10/month so approx $977/month.

I was going to counter their offer with only $2K down. What would be a realistic sales price and monthly payment you would ask for?

Using your prices, as is, I get a payment of $1053/mo.

I'm guessing some of that $4K drive off is going to cap reduction to bring the payment down - I reverse engineer the cap cost at about $77,350 to get that $987/mo payment.

Not sure how much you can get the selling price down - every $1000 will reduce the payment about $28/mo, before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

U

Using your prices, as is, I get a payment of $1053/mo.

I'm guessing some of that $4K drive off is going to cap reduction to bring the payment down - I reverse engineer the cap cost at about $77,350 to get that $987/mo payment.

Not sure how much you can get the selling price down - every $1000 will reduce the payment about $28/mo, before tax.
    Got it. Thanks again for your help.
  • cc9cc9 Member Posts: 21
    Hello,
    I was hoping you would tell me November lease rate or owners choice rates for 2017 M3 in Houston Texas. For both 36/10 and 36/12 with residual rates. Thank You!
    cc9 said:

Hello,
    I was hoping you would tell me November lease rate or owners choice rates for 2017 M3 in Houston Texas. For both 36/10 and 36/12 with residual rates. Thank You!

.00134 and 62% / 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cc9cc9 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you 
  • PJVPJV Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Hi, could someone take a look at this? 2017 fully-loaded M3 in California.

MSRP $87,076
    Selling price $85,076

36 months / 10k miles
    $2020 total drive off (Includes 1st payment and DMV fees)

$1,132 + tax = $1,231/mo

I have perfect credit, and was told "I am assuming you have excellent credit, the money factor is .00174"

That MF seems crazy, no?

Appreciate any guidance.
    PJV said:

Hi, could someone take a look at this? 2017 fully-loaded M3 in California.

MSRP $87,076
    Selling price $85,076

36 months / 10k miles
    $2020 total drive off (Includes 1st payment and DMV fees)

$1,132 + tax = $1,231/mo

I have perfect credit, and was told "I am assuming you have excellent credit, the money factor is .00174"

That MF seems crazy, no?

Appreciate any guidance.

.00134 MF and 62% residual
    Dealer is marking up the money factor the maximum allowed.
    Adding the $925 acquisition fee to the CAP cost, I get the same payment.
    The money factor markup is adding $56/mo.+tax to the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carsabecarsabe Member Posts: 14
    Hi, do you have MF/Res for 2017 and 2016 M3? Also, any incentives/credits going on for Jan?

Thanks much
    carsabe said:

Hi, do you have MF/Res for 2017 and 2016 M3? Also, any incentives/credits going on for Jan?

Thanks much

2017: .00134 MF and 59% residual for 36/15
    2016: no 2016 lease info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alexwalex1alexwalex1 Member Posts: 33
    Question on 2017 M3 lease

Dealing with a dealer on car with MSRP 78835. Selling price $74,331.82
    VIN etching 199
    Acquisition fee is listed as $995 (isn't it $925?)
    Reg fees in CT $175
    Taxable conveyance fee (tax included) $536.93
    Cap cost reduction (by dealer on top of selling price) $724.15
    Money factor 0.00174 (marked up from 0.00134 from what I understand)
    36/10K
    $935.31 plus local tax
    When I put in 0.00134 money factor I get $885.84 payment plus tax.

I think with selling price discount and additional cap cost reduction the deal is pretty good, but they do not want to budge on money factor. I just want confirmation on money factor and opinion if the above truly lines up or is there something else to push for?

Thank you kindly!

Question on 2017 M3 lease

Dealing with a dealer on car with MSRP 78835. Selling price $74,331.82
    VIN etching 199
    Acquisition fee is listed as $995 (isn't it $925?)
    Reg fees in CT $175
    Taxable conveyance fee (tax included) $536.93
    Cap cost reduction (by dealer on top of selling price) $724.15
    Money factor 0.00174 (marked up from 0.00134 from what I understand)
    36/10K
    $935.31 plus local tax
    When I put in 0.00134 money factor I get $885.84 payment plus tax.

I think with selling price discount and additional cap cost reduction the deal is pretty good, but they do not want to budge on money factor. I just want confirmation on money factor and opinion if the above truly lines up or is there something else to push for?

Thank you kindly!

.00134 MF and 62% residual

What are you paying upfront?

Yes, the acquisition fee is $925.
    Conveyance fee is just money for the dealer.
    Money factor bump adds $40/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for info. I am actually putting nothing down. The above is just first month payment at signing and that's it. If I get MF down, the deal is good I think. Let's see what happens.
    Do you have data for 39 or 48 months leases, 10k miles a year? Residuals and MF?
    Thank you

Do you have data for 39 or 48 months leases, 10k miles a year? Residuals and MF?
    Thank you

All the numbers get worse, when you go above 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tsuzu347tsuzu347 Member Posts: 13
    I was able to negotiate a 2017 BMW M3 w/ competition package for 72K. Is this a good price? The manager at the dealership was willing to accept this price pretty quickly. He states "this is pretty aggressive pricing, but I am willing to do it". I am feeling I am leaving money on the table, but I not sure I want to push it. Your thoughts? Is the MF and Residuals still - .00125 & 59% (12K for 36 Months)?
    tsuzu347 said:

I was able to negotiate a 2017 BMW M3 w/ competition package for 72K. Is this a good price? The manager at the dealership was willing to accept this price pretty quickly. He states "this is pretty aggressive pricing, but I am willing to do it". I am feeling I am leaving money on the table, but I not sure I want to push it. Your thoughts? Is the MF and Residuals still - .00125 & 59% (12K for 36 Months)?

.00134 MF and 61% residual.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

What is the MSRP?
    MSRP is $77,995, Am I getting the best deal?
    tsuzu347 said:

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

What is the MSRP?
    Don't know... did they quote you a monthly payment?

If so, what is it, and how much is due at signing?
    What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

What is the MSRP?

What state and tax rate?
    Here are the details;

MSRP: $77,995
    Selling Price: $71,535

Miles: 12,000 per year
    Cash Out Of Pocket: $5,093.47*
    Monthly Payment: $825.11

Money Factor: 0.00134
    Residual: 61% of MSRP ($47,576.95)

*Taxes and Fees
    First Month Payment: $ 825.11
    Acquisition Fee: $ 925.00
    Title and Reg: $ 304.50
    Doc. Fee: $ 599.75
    NJ Tire Fee: $ 6.00
    NJ Luxury Tax 0.4%: $ 286.14
    NJ Sales Tax 6.875%: $2,146.97
    Total Taxes and Fees: $5,093.47
    tsuzu347 said:

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

What is the MSRP?

What state and tax rate?
    Here are the details;

MSRP: $77,995
    Selling Price: $71,535

Miles: 12,000 per year
    Cash Out Of Pocket: $5,093.47*
    Monthly Payment: $825.11

Money Factor: 0.00134
    Residual: 61% of MSRP ($47,576.95)

*Taxes and Fees
    First Month Payment: $ 825.11
    Acquisition Fee: $ 925.00
    Title and Reg: $ 304.50
    Doc. Fee: $ 599.75
    NJ Tire Fee: $ 6.00
    NJ Luxury Tax 0.4%: $ 286.14
    NJ Sales Tax 6.875%: $2,146.97
    Total Taxes and Fees: $5,093.47
    Other than the $600 doc fee, that looks really good.
    No markups or other weird charges.

I'd just put $1500 upfront and take the $927/mo. payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55
    What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M3? Thank you!
    octoucan said:

.00134 MF and 59% residual for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What is the cost of wheel and tire insurance?  Is this something I should get for my BMW M3 w/ Competition package.
    tsuzu347 said:

What is the cost of wheel and tire insurance?  Is this something I should get for my BMW M3 w/ Competition package.

Dealers are free to charge whatever they want.

I generally pass on that sort of thing. I'll guess that it's prohibitively expensive for an M3 with 20" wheels.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

I generally pass on that sort of thing. I'll guess that it's prohibitively expensive for an M3 with 20" wheels.
    Thank-you for all your input. I going to pick up the M3 tomorrow.
    tsuzu347 said:

kyfdx said:

tsuzu347 said:

Thank-you for all your input. I going to pick up the M3 tomorrow.
    Congrats! Enjoy the new M3!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aspi007aspi007 Member Posts: 40