Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• troy15troy15 Member Posts: 9
    Looking for the money factor, residual, and any incentives on a 2017 Acadia Denali in CA:

36 Months/12k
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    troy15 said:

Looking for the money factor, residual, and any incentives on a 2017 Acadia Denali in CA:

36 Months/12k

.00058 and 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• superdesaisuperdesai Member Posts: 1
    Could you please let me know for September the money factor, residual, and any incentives on a 2017 Acadia Denali in MN:

36 Months/12k
    36 months/10k
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Could you please let me know for September the money factor, residual, and any incentives on a 2017 Acadia Denali in MN:

36 Months/12k
    36 months/10k

.00058 MF and 65%/66% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bgosnellbgosnell Member Posts: 34
    Could you please let me know the money factor and residual for a 2017 Acadia Denali AWD in IL:

36/15
    39/15
    48/15

Thanks!
    bgosnell said:

Could you please let me know the money factor and residual for a 2017 Acadia Denali AWD in IL:

36/15
    39/15
    48/15

Thanks!

.00058 MF and 63% residual
    .00058 MF and 60% residual
    .00075 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cz12pkusacz12pkusa Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me the September MF and residual for AWD Acadia SLT-2 and Denali in Maryland at:
    36/15
    39/15
    Thank you.
    cz12pkusa said:

Can you please tell me the September MF and residual for AWD Acadia SLT-2 and Denali in Maryland at:
    36/15
    39/15
    Thank you.

.00058 MF and 61%/63% residual for SLT2/Denali for 36/15.
    Subtract 3% for 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2016
    Can you please calculate a lease payment on a 2017 Acadia Denali AWD?  

36 months/15k miles
    msrp $51085
    supplier price $48647
    Conquest cash $1000
    Registration & Doc fees $310
    IL tax rate 6.25%
    bgosnell said:

36 months/15k miles
    msrp $51085
    supplier price $48647
    Conquest cash $1000
    IL tax rate 6.25%

.00058 and 63%

With your prices, I get $504/mo before tax.

Confirm the adjusted cap cost - it may be different than the supplier price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited September 2016
    Michaell said:

36 months/15k miles
    msrp $51085
    supplier price $48647
    Conquest cash $1000
    IL tax rate 6.25%
    .00058 and 63% With your prices, I get $504/mo before tax. Confirm the adjusted cap cost - it may be different than the supplier price.
    Thanks Michael. Could you elaborate on why the supplier price may be different than the adj cap cost please?
    bgosnell said:

Michaell said:

36 months/15k miles
    msrp $51085
    supplier price $48647
    Conquest cash $1000
    IL tax rate 6.25%
    .00058 and 63%

With your prices, I get $504/mo before tax.

Confirm the adjusted cap cost - it may be different than the supplier price.

Thanks Michael. Could you elaborate on why the supplier price may be different than the adj cap cost please?

Taxes or fees you don't pay up front would be added to the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• samosonsamoson Member Posts: 21
    2017 Acadia Limited AWD in NJ
    Can I have numbers for 36/12
    samoson said:

.00065 MF and 55% residual. $500 lease cash

The non-limited models have much better residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

samoson said:

Are the numbers the same for NY?
    kyfdx said:

samoson said:

Why is it that the non limited models have much better residuals?
    samoson said:

kyfdx said:

samoson said:

Are the numbers the same for NY?
    Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

samoson said:

kyfdx said:

samoson said:

Why is it that the non limited models have much better residuals?
    No idea, just that it is that way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikejtmikejt Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2016
    Looking at the 2017 Arcadia Limited AWD as I want the additional space over the new smaller 2017 Arcadia.
    Trying to understand the lease payments for 36 months @ 10K miles. Location - NJ. I have one quote for $544 per month for a vehicle were the MSRP is $48,930. and sale price of $44,150. Can you supply the MF & residual? This deal would appear to have a high residual

mikejt said:

Looking at the 2017 Arcadia Limited AWD as I want the additional space over the new smaller 2017 Arcadia.
    Trying to understand the lease payments for 36 months @ 10K miles. Location - NJ. I have one quote for $544 per month for a vehicle were the MSRP is $48,930. and sale price of $44,150. Can you supply the MF & residual? This deal would appear to have a high residual

36/10 for 2017 Acadia Limited is 56% and .00065

With your MSRP and sale price, I get a payment of $512/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• td_inctd_inc Member Posts: 55
    mikejt said:

I'm also looking at 2017 Limited AWD in NJ. Although the monthly price and MSRP are close, my selling price is at 46750.
    Do you know what incentives are applied to you cap cost to get under 45k?
    Do you mind sharing the dealer or area?
    Thanks.
    If the $1500 conquest and $1000 lease cash are combinable then, perhaps that's being applied to reach $540/month range.

• mikejtmikejt Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2016
    This price was quoted from Straub Motors in Keyport via the internet service team. I did check back with the saleman and he did confirm the payment of $544 includes the tax and that his MF was .00065 and Residual was is 56%. When we had the initial discussed on the phone he did say that i was qualified for incentives of approx $2500. The $544 was with $2500 down or could do $573.00 with $1529 down.
    Which dealer are you talking with and what prices are you being quoted? Thanks
  • kchawkeye02kchawkeye02 Member Posts: 4
    Hey there. MF and Residual please. GMC Acadia Limited. AWD. 64082. 12k/36. Incentives? Thanks!

Hey there. MF and Residual please. GMC Acadia Limited. AWD. 64082. 12k/36. Incentives? Thanks!

Residuals are much higher on the non-Limited models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rpt_ma72rpt_ma72 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. Interested in MF and residual for 2017 Denali in MA. Example zip 01776. 12/39 lease. Will likely have supplier pricing, if that makes any difference.

Are the leasing terms negotiable on supplier pricing (I know the price itself is not)?

Thank you!
    rpt_ma72 said:

Hello. Interested in MF and residual for 2017 Denali in MA. Example zip 01776. 12/39 lease. Will likely have supplier pricing, if that makes any difference.

Are the leasing terms negotiable on supplier pricing (I know the price itself is not)?

Thank you!

.00058 MF and 62% residual.

The lease variables won't change.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tadders1tadders1 Member Posts: 26
    Looking back through the thread I think I got the Res/MF for a Denali AWD correct, but just to confirm against a 36/12.

MF: 0.00058 and Residual: 65% September pricing.
  • tadders1tadders1 Member Posts: 26
    Also - What are the current offers? I see conquest cash (how do you qualify) and is there anything else being offered?
    tadders1 said:

Looking back through the thread I think I got the Res/MF for a Denali AWD correct, but just to confirm against a 36/12.

MF: 0.00058 and Residual: 65% September pricing.

Those numbers are correct for September.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jausankajausanka Member Posts: 27
    I'm looking at an SLE2 2017 Acadia with V6 and some options. MSRP $39,135. They are offering $2500 down, 36/12k for $439/month. I've asked them to rework to only pay taxes and fees upfront and to provide the actual cap cost so I can evaluate against the other offers on this thread. I'm also going to require them to pay my last lease payment on my current 2015 Terrain. How are these rough numbers looking? Long way to negotiate or should I take the deal and drive away happy?

Thanks for all your very useful information. Love having this information available and shared.
    jausanka said:

I'm looking at an SLE2 2017 Acadia with V6 and some options. MSRP $39,135. They are offering $2500 down, 36/12k for $439/month. I've asked them to rework to only pay taxes and fees upfront and to provide the actual cap cost so I can evaluate against the other offers on this thread. I'm also going to require them to pay my last lease payment on my current 2015 Terrain. How are these rough numbers looking? Long way to negotiate or should I take the deal and drive away happy?

Thanks for all your very useful information. Love having this information available and shared.

What is the adjusted cap cost? That's the number to negotiate.

36/12 on SLE2 is .00058 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Look like they are screwing me on MF (0.0009 instead of .00058) Adjusted cap cost is $37,544.10
    001.jpg 700.9K
    jausanka said:

Look like they are screwing me on MF (0.0009 instead of .00058) Adjusted cap cost is $37,544.10

I agree with the math. The MF bump is costing you about $20/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Great, thanks! I'm going to try to get the lease payoff on my Terrain included, knock down the adj cap cost by $1K, and get the right MF in there and I think I am going to go for it.
    Am I correct in the assertion that I should only be paying taxes and fees upfront?
    jausanka said:

Great, thanks! I'm going to try to get the lease payoff on my Terrain included, knock down the adj cap cost by $1K, and get the right MF in there and I think I am going to go for it.
    Am I correct in the assertion that I should only be paying taxes and fees upfront?

I would recommend adding the taxes to the cap cost - if the lease terminates early, you won't have pre-paid the tax amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Great, so what should I be paying upfront so I can ask for the right quote back from the dealership?
    jausanka said:

Great, so what should I be paying upfront so I can ask for the right quote back from the dealership?

Any taxable fees and the first payment - acquisition fee and dealer fee. DMV costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jausanka said:

Any taxable fees and the first payment - acquisition fee and dealer fee. DMV costs.
    Great, thank you again. I was able to find a mailed offer to knock another $2K off the price, and I had them adjust the MF to the 0.00058. Brought me to $439/month and $569 upfront. However, my mailer expires today and I refused to rush into the deal (though I think it was pretty good). I'm going to wait for the new MF and residual for October and either wait for a new offer, or push them to honor the price even without the GM cash offer (will be a tough sell). In the meantime, I am actually weighing a step up to SLT-1 since it includes the options I want, plus the power outlet and dimming mirrors, so I may be back in the next couple of days to look for advice on the SLT-1 which will probably be an MSRP closer to $42K.

Thanks again for all the help!
    On a related note, what exactly happens to a returned lease vehicle (my 2015 Terrain) when I turn it back into the dealership. Does that dealership get dibs on it if they want it at the residual value, or does it go to auction, or what? I am way under on my miles, and in perfect condition, just wondering if I had any room to negotiate with that as a consideration. Or are there any potential tax advantages if I purchase the terrain outright then trade it in, assuming I can get equal or better than my residual?
    jausanka said:

On a related note, what exactly happens to a returned lease vehicle (my 2015 Terrain) when I turn it back into the dealership. Does that dealership get dibs on it if they want it at the residual value, or does it go to auction, or what? I am way under on my miles, and in perfect condition, just wondering if I had any room to negotiate with that as a consideration. Or are there any potential tax advantages if I purchase the terrain outright then trade it in, assuming I can get equal or better than my residual?

If you turn it in, you won't get any consideration. Residual is not negotiable.

Dealer may have first crack at buying the car from the bank.

If you trade it in, you may have some equity that you can use against the up front costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2016
    Right, what I meant was: If my residual is $20K, but trade-in is $22K and retail is $26K, does it ever become worthwhile for me to buy it and trade it in as part of the transaction? Or would the dealership get a better deal from the bank at lower than residual if I turn it in and they buy it from the bank instead.
    jausanka said:

Right, what I meant was: If my residual is $20K, but trade-in is $22K and retail is $26K, does it ever become worthwhile for me to buy it and trade it in as part of the transaction? Or would the dealership get a better deal from the bank at lower than residual if I turn it in and they buy it from the bank instead.

Remember, if you buy the car at the end of the lease, you have to pay sales tax on it, so that narrows the amount of equity you have.

You have, what, 2 payments left? Call the bank you lease through and find out the payoff. Then, head over to "Real World Trade in Values" and see what our resident experts think it's worth in trade. If you have positive equity, go ahead and trade it in now.

I don't know if the dealer gets any concessions on the buy price from the bank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Great, thanks!
    Is it too early to ask if there was any change for October MF and residual on SLE-2 and SLT-1 in Florida?
    jausanka said:

Is it too early to ask if there was any change for October MF and residual on SLE-2 and SLT-1 in Florida?

.00058 MF and 61% residual for 36/15.
    Either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spike1972spike1972 Member Posts: 3
    Hi - could you please share MF and residual on SLT-1 in NJ? Thanks!
  • spike1972spike1972 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, meant add that it is for 36/10. Been quoted 0.00058 and 64%.
    kyfdx said:

jausanka said:

.00058 MF and 61% residual for 36/15.
    Either model.
    Aww crap, so I lost 2% on residual by waiting that extra day... and I don't have the $2K rebate. D'oh.
    Oh wait, that is 36/15. I'm looking at 36/12 so it's probably still 63%
    spike1972 said:

Hi - could you please share MF and residual on SLT-1 in NJ? Thanks!

spike1972 said:

Sorry, meant add that it is for 36/10. Been quoted 0.00058 and 64%.

Those numbers are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator