Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Beetle lease info

icyjasonicyjason Member Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Volkswagen
Can anybody here provide me the MF/Residual of a 2016 Beetle 1.8T SEL?
Thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    icyjason said:

Can anybody here provide me the MF/Residual of a 2016 Beetle 1.8T SEL?
    Thank you very much!

.00055 MF and 53% residual for 36/15. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    icyjasonicyjason Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    four4ringsfour4rings Member Posts: 31
    Any idea on the Dune? 36/12
  • Options

.00055 MF and 52% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jbariljbaril Member Posts: 43
    I think there's $750 lease cash this weekend. What is the rate/residual for 2016 Beetle Wolfsburg Edition? Also, any idea why Beetles don't seem to lease well or maybe that's my warped perspective? I'm in Colorado. Thanks.
  • Options
    jbaril said:

I think there's $750 lease cash this weekend. What is the rate/residual for 2016 Beetle Wolfsburg Edition? Also, any idea why Beetles don't seem to lease well or maybe that's my warped perspective? I'm in Colorado. Thanks.

.00060 MF and 58% residual for 36/15.
    $750 lease cash.

Those aren't bad lease variables. I think the volume is too low to justify a lot of extra money, like the Passat or Jetta.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    So, I leased a 2016 VW Beetle Wolfsburg Edition black/black: 36 mo/10K, $195 plus tax ($211.00), no down, all fees rolled in, only first month's payment due at signing. Pretty good deal. There are many of these at a certain dealership in metro Denver, all exactly alike. The Wolfsburg Edition is a base model with monster mats and heated leatherette seats.
  • Options
    jbaril said:

So, I leased a 2016 VW Beetle Wolfsburg Edition black/black: 36 mo/10K, $195 plus tax ($211.00), no down, all fees rolled in, only first month's payment due at signing. Pretty good deal. There are many of these at a certain dealership in metro Denver, all exactly alike. The Wolfsburg Edition is a base model with monster mats and heated leatherette seats.

Congrats! That is a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,304
    jbaril said:

Congrats! What dealer did you lease from? I got my Jetta two weeks ago from McDonald.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

jbaril said:

Congrats! What dealer did you lease from? I got my Jetta two weeks ago from McDonald.
    I got mine through Larry Miller; they had one of Tynan's Wolfsburg Editions, which they must have traded for or something. But I had a deal going at Tynan's (220) and Larry Miller cut it by $9/mo. I'm guessing someone with good credit could get the same at Tynan's, plus they have at least 10 of these in stock.
  • Options
    porschefan6porschefan6 Member Posts: 11
    Could you help me, 2016 Beetle SE MSRP 23590, COST 20223 Res53%, MF .00075 ($12502) 12/36 lease. Was told 217$ with $750 Cap Cost Reduction plus 2250$ at signing (2950 total).
    Seems like the dealer is making the difference with lots of fees. upfront includes Tax (666), Aquisition fee (625) DMV (250 est), Tire fee (12.50), Fuel (50), Prep Fee (179) Doc Fee (75) Tax on the Aquisition fee (53) location: Long Island, NY.
    Is this a fair deal , it all seems confusing to me.
  • Options

Could you help me, 2016 Beetle SE MSRP 23590, COST 20223 Res53%, MF .00075 ($12502) 12/36 lease. Was told 217$ with $750 Cap Cost Reduction plus 2250$ at signing (2950 total).
    Seems like the dealer is making the difference with lots of fees. upfront includes Tax (666), Aquisition fee (625) DMV (250 est), Tire fee (12.50), Fuel (50), Prep Fee (179) Doc Fee (75) Tax on the Aquisition fee (53) location: Long Island, NY.
    Is this a fair deal , it all seems confusing to me.

The only thing that really seems out of line is the fuel/prep fees. The rest of it is pretty standard.

With .00050 MF and 53% residual, I get $210/mo., so not far off.
    $1500 lease cash,

Even if you take this deal, don't really see the point of paying all that money upfront. Roll the tax, acquisition fee and $750 CCR into the lease. That will add $58/mo. to the payment, but you'll only have about $1000 upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks, it for my niece. She wants to keep her payment below 220$, I explained the difference to her but she wants to keep it below that number. So this way works for her, Thanks agian for the help,
    Do you show the MF should be at .00050 currently instead of the .00075? are they using that as a markup? How would I question that.
  • Options

Thanks, it for my niece. She wants to keep her payment below 220$, I explained the difference to her but she wants to keep it below that number. So this way works for her, Thanks agian for the help,
    Do you show the MF should be at .00050 currently instead of the .00075? are they using that as a markup? How would I question that.

You politely but firmly tell the dealer that you (or your niece) won't sign a deal with an inflated MF. They know what the base rate is.

And, reach out to multiple dealers. Only takes one to meet your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Thanks, you have been a great help.
  • Options
    Is there a different MF and Res for the "classic" 2016 Beetle 12/36 lease? She liked that interior but we're told the MF made it very expensive.
  • Options

Is there a different MF and Res for the "classic" 2016 Beetle 12/36 lease? She liked that interior but we're told the MF made it very expensive.

.00191 MF and 55% residual. $1250 lease cash.

Even with the higher residual, probably $40/mo. more, assuming priced the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you so very much for your help and advice, we Leased her (12/36) a 2016 Beetle SE for $209.63 with $2692 out of pocket, ($750 of that toward a Cap Cost reduction.)

When asked about the MF difference, the finance guy admitted they marked it up for profit. When we were willing to walk away, they adjusted the MF. Even got the Prep fee removed!

Your information and advice helped save us money, Thank you again.
  • Options

Thank you so very much for your help and advice, we Leased her (12/36) a 2016 Beetle SE for $209.63 with $2692 out of pocket, ($750 of that toward a Cap Cost reduction.)

When asked about the MF difference, the finance guy admitted they marked it up for profit. When we were willing to walk away, they adjusted the MF. Even got the Prep fee removed!

Congrats! Hope she enjoys the new Beetle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Glad to hear we helped. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mccheesymccheesy Member Posts: 49
    kyfdx said:

Are these numbers still in place and would they be any different in TX? I'm assuming -2% on the RV for 15k, also...?
  • Options
    mccheesy said:

kyfdx said:

Are these numbers still in place and would they be any different in TX? I'm assuming -2% on the RV for 15k, also...?
    Dune numbers for September - .00050 and 50% for 36/12. $1500 lease cash.

48% for 15K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    weaky69weaky69 Member Posts: 2
    We will be looking at leasing a Classic Beetle 2016 in October. Please advise MF/Residual and any lease cash. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    weaky69weaky69 Member Posts: 2
    We will be looking at leasing a Classic Beetle 2016
    weaky69 said:

We will be looking at leasing a Classic Beetle 2016 in October. Please advise MF/Residual and any lease cash. Thank you in advance.

I forgot, 36 month, 10000 miles a year.
  • Options
    weaky69 said:

We will be looking at leasing a Classic Beetle 2016

weaky69 said:

I forgot, 36 month, 10000 miles a year.
    .00201 and 56%. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    andnacbrandnacbr Member Posts: 56
    How about the Beetle Dune 2016 12k 36m?
  • Options
    andnacbr said:

How about the Beetle Dune 2016 12k 36m?

.00050 and 50%. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nova345nova345 Member Posts: 2
    Is there a thread for 2017 beetle lease? I need numbers for:
    2017 #pink beetle hatch and convertible
    2017 beetle 1.8S hatch and convertible
    Thanks!
  • Options
    nova345 said:

Is there a thread for 2017 beetle lease? I need numbers for:
    2017 #pink beetle hatch and convertible
    2017 beetle 1.8S hatch and convertible
    Thanks!

Just created a 2017 thread:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43472/volkswagen/beetle/2017-vw-beetle-lease-questions/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator