Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 VW Jetta Lease Questions

167891012»

Comments

• mccheesymccheesy Member Posts: 49
    Can someone help with 24mo and 36mo 15k miles residual and mf for 2016 SEL w/ w/Driver Assistance & Lighting Package? Also, what's the change from Tier 1 and Tier 2?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    mccheesy said:

Can someone help with 24mo and 36mo 15k miles residual and mf for 2016 SEL w/ w/Driver Assistance & Lighting Package? Also, what's the change from Tier 1 and Tier 2?

.00005 MF and 55%/48% residual. $2500 lease cash.

B-tier adds .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• adman12adman12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2016 Jetta SE w/Connectivity in California. I've been working the dealerships and have these lease numbers on offer:
    36 mo/10k $650 Walk off, $196/mo tax inc (which I guess means 180 +tx).
    It's a lot lower than what else is out there, but what worries me is that I don't know the sale price of the vehicle or the residual value. How do I figure this out and get a good deal in case I want to buy it out after the lease? Thanks.
  • mccheesymccheesy Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2016
    kyfdx said:

mccheesy said:

B-tier adds .00030
    Any better residuals/mf on the 2016 GLI SEL? Same 24/36 for 15k
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    mccheesy said:

kyfdx said:

mccheesy said:

B-tier adds .00030
    Any better residuals/mf on the 2016 GLI SEL? Same 24/36 for 15k
    .00005 and 54% (36/15) or 61% (24/15)

$1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• 77scottg77scottg Member Posts: 25
    kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K lease in northeast Ohio.
    Thanks!

.00005 MF and 52% residual. $2000 lease cash
    This afternoon I stopped in to see my local, friendly VW dealer and they insisted that only $1500 in lease cash was available on the Sport trim. Are these guys just playing games with me or am I missing something?
    77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K lease in northeast Ohio.
    Thanks!

This afternoon I stopped in to see my local, friendly VW dealer and they insisted that only $1500 in lease cash was available on the Sport trim. Are these guys just playing games with me or am I missing something?
    Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive. They can pass that along to the customer, in whole or in part. As inventory shrinks, dealers start to play hard ball on the prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive. They can pass that along to the customer, in whole or in part. As inventory shrinks, dealers start to play hard ball on the prices.
    Thanks! You are both always are so prompt with your answers!

Can you give me any insight into how this type of lease cash figures into my negotiations if I'm using your TMV price as an approximate target? Should I target TMV *plus* the lease cash (whatever percentage of the $2K I can negotiate) or does the TMV number already assume the lease cash even though it's not included in the itemized TMV pricing list?

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

Can you give me any insight into how this type of lease cash figures into my negotiations if I'm using your TMV price as an approximate target? Should I target TMV *plus* the lease cash (whatever percentage of the $2K I can negotiate) or does the TMV number already assume the lease cash even though it's not included in the itemized TMV pricing list?

We don't track pricing, but generally you want to negotiate your best price before applying any incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

We don't track pricing, but generally you want to negotiate your best price before applying any incentives.
    Last question. Do you know what the Tier B money factor is for this car?

Here's why I ask: I just used your help to negotiate a good deal on a 2016 Jetta Sport MT (17.9K+TTL). My credit score as supplied to me by TransUnion is 702 which the dealer said was enough to get the .00005MF. However, when they pulled my FICO score, the number came back as 659. Now, I know that different scoring methods can result in some wildly varying scores and that my 702 wasn't all that strong to begin with. But I have a sneaky suspicion that they're marking up the new rate to recapture some profit.

I guess I'm saying that while I'll accept the downgrade from Tier A to Tier B credit, I won't pay anymore than the absolute lowest Tier B MF.

You guys have been a godsend so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have this one last answer.

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

Here's why I ask: I just used your help to negotiate a good deal on a 2016 Jetta Sport MT (17.9K+TTL). My credit score as supplied to me by TransUnion is 702 which the dealer said was enough to get the .00005MF. However, when they pulled my FICO score, the number came back as 659. Now, I know that different scoring methods can result in some wildly varying scores and that my 702 wasn't all that strong to begin with. But I have a sneaky suspicion that they're marking up the new rate to recapture some profit.

I guess I'm saying that while I'll accept the downgrade from Tier A to Tier B credit, I won't pay anymore than the absolute lowest Tier B MF.

You guys have been a godsend so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have this one last answer.

We've got you covered - the MF markup for tier B from VW Credit is .00030.

What we don't know is the cutoff score between tier A and tier B.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

You are great, thanks! Dealer claims the cut off is around 680. I'm now waiting for the dealer to finally tell me the rate of the new MF. By my calculations it's close to .00100.
    77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

You are great, thanks! Dealer claims the cut off is around 680. I'm now waiting for the dealer to finally tell me the rate of the new MF. By my calculations it's close to .00100.
    So with the help of your information and a lease calculator, I was able to determine that the dealership had used the change in credit tier as an opportunity to mark the money factor up to approximately .00070. When confronted during a phone conversation, the dealer did everything he could to avoid directly addressing my concerns about the money factor. Then they hit me with, "Trust [us], VW credit sets the rates and we [the dealer] can't alter the money factor.

Amazing what happened when I told them, "no, thank you." Suddenly they could guarantee me that I was receiving a .00035MF (VW stacks the rates for sub-A Tier credit so it's .00005+.00030), and, without explanation, the payment dropped over $10/mo. If I hadn't just spent almost a week beating them down to a sell price of $4300 off MSRP on the last red, manually shifted Jetta Sport within 500 miles of my driveway, I'd have walked.

Hopefully my experience helps the next reader from being scammed. Thanks again to Edmunds, Michaell and kyfdx for your services. Without your help I'd couldn't have put this deal together.

77scottg said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

Michaell said:

77scottg said:

kyfdx said:

77scottg said:

Thanks!

So with the help of your information and a lease calculator, I was able to determine that the dealership had used the change in credit tier as an opportunity to mark the money factor up to approximately .00070. When confronted during a phone conversation, the dealer did everything he could to avoid directly addressing my concerns about the money factor. Then they hit me with, "Trust [us], VW credit sets the rates and we [the dealer] can't alter the money factor.

Amazing what happened when I told them, "no, thank you." Suddenly they could guarantee me that I was receiving a .00035MF (VW stacks the rates for sub-A Tier credit so it's .00005+.00030), and, without explanation, the payment dropped over $10/mo. If I hadn't just spent almost a week beating them down to a sell price of $4300 off MSRP on the last red, manually shifted Jetta Sport within 500 miles of my driveway, I'd have walked.

Hopefully my experience helps the next reader from being scammed. Thanks again to Edmunds, Michaell and kyfdx for your services. Without your help I'd couldn't have put this deal together.

Congrats! Sadly, there were no Sports available when I was shopping in Denver last month. Ended up getting an SE instead.

Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sdewey1sdewey1 Member Posts: 9
    Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K or 36/10k lease in Houston Texas
    Thanks!
    Wondering if anything has changed for October, looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a 2016 Jetta SEL 1.8T for a 36/12K or 36/10k lease in Houston Texas.
    Thanks!
    Sdewey said:

Looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a Jetta 1.8 Sport (both manual and auto transmission, please) for a 36/12K or 36/10k lease in Houston Texas
    Thanks!

Sdewey said:

Wondering if anything has changed for October, looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a 2016 Jetta SEL 1.8T for a 36/12K or 36/10k lease in Houston Texas.
    Thanks!

36/12 - .00005 and 52% (Sport) or 50% (SEL). Add 1% for 10K

$2000 lease cash on Sport and $3000 on SEL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited October 2016
    Thank you so much for the response! I've got one more for you: looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a 2016 Jetta 1.4T SE w/Connectivity and the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium Automatic Sedan

Thanks!!
    sdewey1 said:

Thank you so much for the response! I've got one more for you: looking for residual, MF and current incentives on a 2016 Jetta 1.4T SE w/Connectivity and the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium Automatic Sedan

Thanks!!

36/12 - .00005 and 50% (SE) or 46% (Hybrid). $2000 lease cash on SE; $1750 on Hybrid

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

sdewey1 said:

Thanks!!

36/12 - .00005 and 50% (SE) or 46% (Hybrid). $2000 lease cash on SE; $1750 on Hybrid
    Thanks!!
  • jferraljferral Member Posts: 36
    Hi Michaell.

Looking for

MF, Residual, Inventives

Vehicle: 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 1.4T S

How much off to expect of the MSRP:

Thank you. I appreciate it.
    jferral said:

Hi Michaell.

Looking for

MF, Residual, Inventives

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jferral said:

Hi Michaell.

Looking for

MF, Residual, Inventives

12K/36. Thank you
    jferral said:

Michaell said:

jferral said:

Hi Michaell.

Looking for

MF, Residual, Inventives

12K/36. Thank you
    Are you really cross-shopping a Jetta S against the MB C and GLC class?

.00005 and 50%. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jferral said:

Michaell said:

jferral said:

Hi Michaell.

Looking for

MF, Residual, Inventives

12K/36. Thank you
    Are you really cross-shopping a Jetta S against the MB C and GLC class?

.00005 and 50%. $1500 lease cash.
    Looking for two cars. The Jetta for myself and C/GLC for my wife. Thank you.

• Alex547Alex547 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Micheal -

Can you please provide me numbers for 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 1.4T S.

24 months 12 k& 15 K miles.
    36 months 12 k & 15 K

Please let me know, How much I can expect OFF of MSRP, since it is year end.
    Alex547 said:

Hi Micheal -

Can you please provide me numbers for 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 1.4T S.

24 months 12 k& 15 K miles.
    36 months 12 k & 15 K

Please let me know, How much I can expect OFF of MSRP, since it is year end.

.00010 MF and 54%/47% residual for 24/36 months, 15K/yr.
    Add 2% for 12K/yr
    $1750 lease cash.

Can't help you with the pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• prodeq1275prodeq1275 Member Posts: 12
    I need to know MF, RV and incentive for a 2016 jetta sport manual in NY (10543) Thanks.
    edited November 2016
    Sorry 12k/36
    12k/36

I need to know MF, RV and incentive for a 2016 jetta sport manual in NY (10543) Thanks.

12k/36

.00010 and 51%. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• j3ttababyj3ttababy Member Posts: 2
    Hello, could you please provide me with the current incentives, money factor and residual value for a 2016 VW Jetta 1.4T S automatic, 3/12k. I live in New York

Thank you
    j3ttababy said:

Hello, could you please provide me with the current incentives, money factor and residual value for a 2016 VW Jetta 1.4T S automatic, 3/12k. I live in New York

Thank you

.00010 and 49%. $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• drivetowndrivetown Member Posts: 1
    Hi, could you please provide the MF, residual and incentives on a 2016 Jetta GLI SE automatic for a 3/12k lease? Thank you very much.
    drivetown said:

Hi, could you please provide the MF, residual and incentives on a 2016 Jetta GLI SE automatic for a 3/12k lease? Thank you very much.

Sorry, but we have limited info for VW, this month, and it doesn't include the 2016 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

drivetown said:

.00010 MF and 55% residual. $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• slolankanslolankan Member Posts: 251
    Hello,

Any updates on Dec numbers for Jetta (So Cal)?

S/SE/SEL 24mo/36m0 10k/12k miles

Any rebates? Loyalty? Grad? Etc?

Thanks!
    slolankan said:

Hello,

Any updates on Dec numbers for Jetta (So Cal)?

S/SE/SEL 24mo/36m0 10k/12k miles

Any rebates? Loyalty? Grad? Etc?

Thanks!

.00010 and 56% (24/12) or 49% (36/12) for all three trims.

Add 1% for 10K

Lease cash
    S - $1750
    SE - $2250
    SEL - $3250

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator