Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

06 pontiac torrent issues

shadowgirl1976shadowgirl1976 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Pontiac
@gmcustcvs I have really 2 issues with my torrent. #1 when I get to 48 mph it kinda bucks a lil bit. #2 my ac and heater have issues. When the ac is on it will blow mist and spit "snow" then it will stop blowing out air. Like u can hear the motor on but no air comes out or its warm air. And the heat will sometimes blow hot then go cold and again with then no air at all. Any suggestions on what to do?

Best Answer

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Answer ✓
    Sounds like your AC system is freezing up. You should have the HVAC system scanned for trouble codes first thing. You might have a bad sensor, a faulty switch, overcharging of the refrigerant---hard to say more at this point.

Answers

• shadowgirl1976shadowgirl1976 Member Posts: 2
    Would that also make it blow out through the vents,  then stop?  Wasn't sure if the blower was going bad to.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well if it had frozen up, then air could get through the evaporator. If the blower fan actually stops, then you may have some kind of sensor issue. The system has to be scanned.