Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    $2.53 for Chevron Diesel today, I think RUG was 8 or 10 cents more. No complaints B)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    We've been at $2.35 long enough for the numbers to be dusty on the signs :)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    PF_Flyer said:

We've been at $2.35 long enough for the numbers to be dusty on the signs :)

Now that I'm not delivering pizzas anymore I've not really paid too much attention to gas prices. Only filled my Jetta up twice in 6 weeks, though I'll have to do it again soon - I'm at a quarter tank. DTE says I still have 80-90 miles left, however.

I think RUG is something like $2.05 at the local Kroger

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Filled for $1.99 at a Murphy the other day - the cheapest gas ($1.95) was a bit out of the way.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Filled up in Cottage Grove at the Conoco station. The other stations are selling B20. Conoco still selling ULSD at $2.19. RUG $2.39. Oregon has many cities with additional gas tax.

http://www.oregon.gov/odot/cs/ftg/pages/current_ft_rates.aspx
    Up 4 to $2.39...I make that 2 cents for the hurricane and 2 cents for it being homecoming weekend at Penn State ;)
    Paid $2.49 for Chevron Diesel today. RUG was $2.68, I think, and PUG was $2.89, I think (all with cash discount). No complaints.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    $2.39 for Shell RUG and Diesel. $2.99 for PUG

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

$2.45... post-hurricane gas
    edited October 2016
    Gas in Lukeville AZ (expensive! - didn't need any) and Ramona CA (filled up - cheap!).

edited October 2016
    Hope you are enjoying our late heat wave. I was going to spend a couple days at our friends beach house. Too lazy to go out side in this heat. I am surprised it was cool up at Mt Laguna. Many times it is warmer there than here in Alpine. Hit about 90 today, cooling down now. You should have nice clean air at Cuyamaca.
    T'was beautiful. Just found a free BLM "site" tonight near Salome AZ that's next door to a county borrow pit. My wife's app finds the most oddball places. Fun stop and just finished some leftover larb for dinner (good Thai in El Centro).

And since we got back over the state line, I was able to avoid paying $3.39 and got some Flying J for $2.19.

Life is good. :)
    CA has some beautiful places to visit. All have been maximized to rape the public. Food, gas, housing, entertainment etc etc. Don't even think of fishing here. Much cheaper to buy your fish at Costco.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Well, on a much smaller scale, the same can be said of Coeur d' Alene, ID. Mr. Hagadone has a grip on all of the lakefront fun things to do. Parking tickets are as easy to get as a cheeseburger is. Beautiful lake - gorgeous. It's just controlled by the Hagadone Corporation.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

$2.45 in the rain :(

Well, on a much smaller scale, the same can be said of Coeur d' Alene, ID. Mr. Hagadone has a grip on all of the lakefront fun things to do. Parking tickets are as easy to get as a cheeseburger is. Beautiful lake - gorgeous. It's just controlled by the Hagadone Corporation.

I guess that takes ID off my list of places to retire. Residents and visitors can fish all they want in Hawaii, with no license. I keep learning new things about the state with the most perks for retirees.
    Fuel is marginally cheaper in ID than WA, I think, anyway.

Funny how people complain about CA and fiefdoms in ID etc, but keep moving there, and nobody does anything to change it. It's like being in Britain :)
    edited October 2016
    fintail, yep, they still do. My view of CDA is bleeted out a bit because I was "between jobs." Mrs. iluvmysephia1 got a few jobs, one of them as a prep cook at one of Mr. Hagadone's restaurants. Beautiful, gorgeous resort. Don't get me wrong, fin and gagrice, if you go there with money (lots and lots of it) the place is gorgeous. We were told when we lived there that John Travolta has a seaplane and lands it in the lake and comes ashore to go see his sister act at a theater in town. Probably true - it's that kind of place.

But I was searching for a job in my medical profession during that time in 2012, and the Mrs. and I were not feeling good about things much then at all. In November of 2012 I interviewed for and eventually won the position in Alamogordo, NM, which jump-started my career and helped the both of us along quite a bit. So our view of the place had "dirty glasses" on it. Hagadone controls everything downtown, but, there are a lot of beautiful houses there, plenty of shops and restaurants, the gorgeous lake and nearby Lake Fernan with miles and miles of beautiful northern Idaho timber and trails and hiking to the north.

If the Mrs. and I weren't digging warmth so much as I near retirement, we might consider retiring there. My home state of Washington has literally priced us out of the place. fintail - you must be...wealthy. :p

I'm single :) and live in a small place. Tons of WA is affordable (heck, you lived in ML, cheap land there), but much of it isn't the most attractive. There are countless areas in the state where you can find a lovely house for 150K, but might not have such an easy time paying that mortgage with local jobs. I don't have much affection for northern ID.

Strangely enough, gas doesn't seem to be much more expensive, if at all, in the booming areas, compared to the less affluent areas.
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I don't think we'll be heading back to the Pacific NW. We both loved our AZ and NM experiences. I left the NM job to go see to my Mom who was sick in Mukilteo. I accomplished that and saw her before she passed in May of 2015. So it was worth it to me - the jobs I left behind in the desert are gone, however, gone for me, anyway, and I'm in Kansas working at my trade.

We've thought about Arkansas, going back to New Mexico or going back to Arizona to retire. Likely, we'll be retiring in a hot, sunny place.

I could see retiring to some areas of eastern WA, as I like the climate and geography. However, for single private sector workers of my generation, retirement is a long way off, assuming we or the world itself makes it that far. Most of the west side just isn't a place to retire, the cost of living is huge and traffic is insane. For now though, it's decent enough for younger people, especially those who work in anything connected to tech - the jobs are here.

Really, most places can be tolerable if you choose smartly, and dwell on the positives. Most places have cheaper gas than western WA, too :)

That is the one negative to retiring in Hawaii. Diesel is $3.99 per gallon. RUG is about the same as here. Looks like you can get Safeway gas for $2.64 cash in Hilo. I agree with Fin, you can find positives just about everywhere. I have fallen in love with many places over the years. My folks wandered far and wide, from CA, to WA, To AZ, OR, Kansas, Toronto, Michigan. They always came back to NM. I think Albuquerque was their favorite. Though I really thought they would settle down for good in Roswell, NM. I went to 13 different schools in just OR & CA. Construction keeps you moving.
    I get the New Mexico thing your parents liked. NM is a tad lower-priced for real estate, overall, than Arizona. Arizona has a small town called Bisbee that has so much charm and character - I feel like I'm "back in time" when I'm there. In 1917 the IWW workers acted up so badly with their union that the mining operators and cops literally ran them out of town. Marched them up to the nearby tiny town of Warren, then at gunpoint forced them onto rail cars and shipped them east to the New Mexico desert and left them there in the hot sun!

Bisbee was at one time the biggest city between SF and STL. There is a bar that used to have the stock exchange numbers on the wall - and they'd ticker them around as they changed. There is a shuffleboard just below that board where our son taught us how to play that particular game. It is indeed pretty fun. I like the history and the "feeling" of Bisbee. However, it sits in the Mule Mts., about 15 miles north of the US-Mexico border. That's OK with me...but she wants to be closer to I-10 and Tucson. We could relocate to Benson - which is in the middle between Bisbee and Tucson, or, we could just retire in the big city of Tucson itself. We both like Tucson and that might work.

edited October 2016
    Tucson is a nice spot but just too big. We managed to avoid both PHX and Tucson this trip but the crowd heading to Rocky Point was impressive (and not in a good way).

Heading into Deming in about 5 minutes where gas is supposedly $2.02 (but if not, I'll settle for the $2.09 elsewhere). Pushing 420 miles on this tank. Miles to empty is 95 but I don't believe that for a minute. My wife isn't willing to test it anyway, LOL.
    $2.13/$2.63 for RUG/PUG at Kroger in Cincinnati, today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Paid $2.60 (cash discount) for Chevron diesel today, RUG was $2.67, PUG must be close to $3 now (forgot to look).
    fintail said:

Paid $2.60 (cash discount) for Chevron diesel today, RUG was $2.67, PUG must be close to $3 now (forgot to look).

I rarely pay attention to PUG except when filling the wife's old LS400. That was March of this year. Wasted space in the Garage. Her baby, sits there with the trickle charger, in case we need it. PUG was $2.65 at Costco in March.

We put 3100+ miles on the Touareg going to Oregon and back. Used $282 worth of diesel. Far less than one of us flying to Oregon. I found all stations that charge the same for CC as cash. I like Sinclair and Conoco diesel best for mileage. Shell is not bad. Mobil is far and away the worst. Chevron and ARCO both charge more to use CC.
    I usually notice it for an apples to apples comparison with diesel in the E (as the gassers require PUG). If she holds on to that LS for another 20 years or so, it will be a collectible - good luck with that patience :)

No Conoco or Sinclair here, I've always believed Chevron has better quality fuel than most others. I also have a 4% cash back on fuel CC in case I have no folding money.
    gagrice said:

I rarely pay attention to PUG except when filling the wife's old LS400. That was March of this year. Wasted space in the Garage. Her baby, sits there with the trickle charger, in case we need it. PUG was $2.65 at Costco in March.

We put 3100+ miles on the Touareg going to Oregon and back. Used $282 worth of diesel. Far less than one of us flying to Oregon. I found all stations that charge the same for CC as cash. I like Sinclair and Conoco diesel best for mileage. Shell is not bad. Mobil is far and away the worst. Chevron and ARCO both charge more to use CC.

Still hanging at $2.45
    It's been pretty stable here in CO as well. $2.099 for RUG at the local Kroger for quite some time. Of course, I'm only filling my car up every 3 weeks or so.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Closest station near me is at a new Walmart neighborhood store. They are up a couple of cents to $1.99.
    $2.19 RUG, $2.39 diesel at Shell.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sam's Club is currently at $2.34, but has been bouncing around between $2.29 and $2.34 while all he regular stations seem to have been stable at $2.45
    I noticed RUG as low as $1.95 between Augusta and Charleston. In Charleston, the gas station near my hotel has it for $2.06. Didn't notice diesel prices, and most private large trucks, even the overcompensating lifted type. seem to be gassers.
    Saw RUG as low as $1.92 I think, west of Charleston. It seems to be around $2.05-$2.10 in Savannah.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Back under $2.00 here,  with oil bouncing between $45 and $55 we'll see prices in the range for a while. 
    edited November 2016
    The low fuel light came on this afternoon on the van. Checking gasbuddy.com, the cheapest (non-Sam's) place is $1.87. Sam's is $1.85 but I don't have a card. I often buy at the cheap place but will likely go to the closest "sort of cheap" place in the morning and pay $1.95.
    Got 19 gallons this morning for $1.95.

The van has a 20 gallon tank.... :)
    I've noticed diesel is 30-40 cents more than RUG here in Savannah ($2.40 range).
    fintail said:

I've noticed diesel is 30-40 cents more than RUG here in Savannah ($2.40 range).

It's $0.20/gallon more in my area.. which still puts it $0.40/gallon less than PUG, which the rest of my fleet uses.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2016
    It's about equal back in WA.

Even here, it is only ~20% more, maybe a little less, which is often usually compensated for by the efficiency.
    Daytona Beach, $2.07 for Shell RUG today, Diesel was ~30 cents more, I think.
    Finally saw some movement on prices here in CO.

RUG at Kroger dropped .06 to $2.03/gal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

We're slipping here too, but just a cent here and there.
    Just filled with Valero Diesel at $2.59 per gallon. They have RUG at the same price. Premium cost you $2.89. That is the CC price. Using my Costco Visa gives me 4% discount. Save me a dime a gallon. Part of the high COL in San Diego. And that is the cheapest CC diesel in town right now.
    Paid $1.93 for Shell RUG near Macon GA today. Forgot to look at what the others cost. With my 4% Costco Citi rebate, that's some cheap fuel.
    Drop to $2.39 for RUG here. Maybe a Dear Santa letter can get us some more B)
    Lowest here (other than Sam's) is still $1.87. The rest are still creeping down though. My closest Murphy is now down to $1.91 for regular.

Diesel doesn't seem to be moving - it's at $2.15.
    Paid $2.16 for RUG at a Shell near ATL this morning - not bad for something adjacent to an airport.
    Got Michigan friends in town who just drove in today. They saw regular at one station in Iowa for $1.67. Big lines there.

It's $1.87 here and no lines.