Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• monstax20monstax20 Member Posts: 39
    Accord Sport $26,050 - MSRP
    I want to get it for $22-23k OTD
    Anyone know if possible?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    zzingko said:

I have an offer from a dealer for 2017 Accord LX CVT
    MSRP : 23,990
    Invoice : 21,993
    Doc fee : 180
    Lic & Reg : 230
    Tax : 1291.62
    OTD : 22,187 (Holdback =460, incective=1000)
    Is this normal offer or bad?

Invoice is shown slightly higher here at $22,030, almost the same MSRP at $23,990 and the True Market Value average price paid is $22,609. Those numbers include destination ($835).

So the dealer is essentially paying your taxes and fees. About $1,700 below invoice it looks like a good offer.
    monstax20 said:

Accord Sport $26,050 - MSRP
    I want to get it for $22-23k OTD
    Anyone know if possible?

Hey @monstax20, didn't mean to leave you hanging yesterday.

Invoice is $23,909 and the True Market Value average price paid for the LA zip (90210) is about $300 more - $24,232.

Different model but going by @zzingko's quote, you'd want to try for $1,500 to $2,000 below invoice. Don't know if that's doable in LA yet though. My guess is that, with the taxes and fees (assuming ~10%), you may have problems getting under $24,000 OTD.
  • denali804denali804 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    So was my deal above an okay deal? Also, do any of you guys know anything about the v6 accords having transmission issues?

Thanks
    Yeah, looking back at @brian125's response and beating $32,678, you did good.

Haven't heard about transmission issues. Anyone?
  • yoyoyoyo125yoyoyoyo125 Member Posts: 2
    Paid 24750 for accord exl 4 cylinder
    27250 otd
    Good deal or not?

edited October 2016
    Invoice is $27,197 and the True Market Value average price paid is around $300 more than invoice. Those numbers include the destination (link).

So you got out the door for invoice, seems like a very good deal, almost $2,500 below invoice on your selling price. Nice going, congrats!
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Paid 24750 for accord exl 4 cylinder
    27250 otd
    Good deal or not?

Very nice deal on your part .

Post the State of your purchase ? Name of the dealership ? This will helps others in this forum get a similar deal.

Enjoy your accord

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• joehonda7joehonda7 Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking to buy a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L. MSRP is $29,655. Invoice is $27,196.

My dealer is willing to charge me invoice, but not any lower.

Any recent success stories on the EX-L? I'd love to hear how much lower I should be able to pay.

Thanks
    joehonda7

Post what state your looking to buy ???

I'm in Tennessee but I'll take information regarding any state.
    joehonda7

, MA, MD, VA CA, GA, pricing is safe to say 1000 to 2000 below dealers invoice price. Round up 10 to 15 closest dealers and either ask for there best price or offer to buy your choice vehicle somewhere in above target price area.

An EX-L four cylinder in my old stomping grounds around Chattanooga is going for about $200 over invoice. That's the True Market Value average, so safe to say some buyers are getting $1,000 to $2,000 below invoice.

Now where did I just read that? :)
    edited October 2016
    stever said:

An EX-L four cylinder in my old stomping grounds around Chattanooga is going for about $200 over invoice. That's the True Market Value average, so safe to say some buyers are getting $1,000 to $2,000 below invoice.

Now where did I just read that? :)

To be fair to most buyers in these forums @Edmunds TMV is not a true indicator with most states pricing. Take it with a grain of salt . I believe that most of TMV estimated pricing is recorded thru the worst car buyers . There are way to many posters that beat Edmunds TMV by well over 1k even more in certain states.

I love everything about Edmunds except this feature :angry:

True Car pricing is by far the best price guide. At best I can beat there pricing $300 to 700 dollars each time

edited October 2016
    TMV is a real life average and the average consumer doesn't do their research. That's why you can beat TMV.

You can beat the other guy by $300 because that's what they charge the dealer when a car is sold through them. But people like to use Costco and Price Promise and the other services because they cut out a lot of the hassle.

As soon as a dealer goes to a one price store (like Saturn), everyone thinks they are paying too much and they want to argue their trade in value or the fees or something. What a business. :)
    Good points stever.

• vwdieselvwdiesel Member Posts: 46
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 in the metro Detroit area. Could be buying as early as next week when VW buys back my diesel Jetta Sportwagen. TMV of $29,358. and TrueCar of $29,499 average paid. Still trying to understand how this all works. Thanks for any help.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    vwdiesel said:

2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 in the metro Detroit area. Could be buying as early as next week when VW buys back my diesel Jetta Sportwagen. TMV of $29,358. and TrueCar of $29,499 average paid. Still trying to understand how this all works. Thanks for any help.

Once you accept VW's offer (which they haven't made yet), they have 90 days to effect the buyback. I wouldn't get in a hurry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

That was me being very optimistic.
    Is the TrueCar average price of $29,499(for metro Detroit area) +TTL what I should expect to pay for a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6. They also have an estimated price of $28,787. Are there dealer incentives or holdbacks that would lower this price. Thanks for any advice.
  • razamshahrazamshah Member Posts: 14
    2017 Accord Sedan EX-L without Nav or Sense
    Black/Black
    Zip 20878

MSRP: 29665
    Priced at $23,987 + TTL
    That's 2255 less than TruCar FWIW.
    Two other dealers were willing to go $200 lower after I followed up to be polite but I'd already signed, unfortunately. Others were $27018 and $27910 within 50 miles.
    razamshah

Sounds like a incredible deal at over $3200 below dealers invoice for a 2017 model.

MD and CA are Accord price leaders

stever mentioned earlier that TMV car buyers are the worst. TrueCar average paid in my area is about $400 over invoice for a EX-L V6 sedan. There are many posts here where Accords are $1000-$2000 below invoice. How does the dealer make money. How do you know if your state, Michigan here, sells at this discount. I know that end of month helps and calling multiple dealers, but what other advice can anyone give me. Or is that the advice. Thanks for any help.
    vwdiesel said:

stever mentioned earlier that TMV car buyers are the worst. TrueCar average paid in my area is about $400 over invoice for a EX-L V6 sedan. There are many posts here where Accords are $1000-$2000 below invoice. How does the dealer make money. How do you know if your state, Michigan here, sells at this discount. I know that end of month helps and calling multiple dealers, but what other advice can anyone give me. Or is that the advice. Thanks for any help.

Honda provides the dealer with $1000 cash extra, on all 2017 Accords, nationwide.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I didn't know that, thanks. And most dealers will give this up for a sale?
    vwdiesel said:

I didn't know that, thanks. And most dealers will give this up for a sale?

They aren't going to offer that, as it's a dealer incentive, but as you noted, plenty of people are getting offers under invoice. You asked how the dealer can make money selling under invoice, and that's one reason.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

TMV isn't the worst - that's an average, so plenty of people are on the wrong side of the average.

In fact, if you hate haggling, just pay the True Market Value price and relax knowing you paid the going rate for your area.
    Thanks for your feedback kyfdx and stever.
    Honda provides the dealer with $1000 cash extra, on all 2017 Accords, nationwide.

kyfdx will this $1000 cash extra go away at end of month or end of year. Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    vwdiesel said:

kyfdx will this $1000 cash extra go away at end of month or end of year. Thanks.

The current Honda programs end on October 31.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks for the update Michaell.
  • cnarugan1234cnarugan1234 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2016
    Hi, I just bought a 2017 Accord Touring for 29,800$ Plus TTL. They also talked me into getting their Tire protection ( 7 years) and Service package ( 5 years or 12 services) and 8 years/90K VIP Bumper to Bumper warranty for an extra 2K. So making it 31,800 plus TTL for a 0.9 APR. Is this a good deal for SF Bay Area in California.
    Your original deal of 29,800 was excellent . Unfortunately you over paid for the warranty. Hopefully you get to use some of it thru the years.

Good luck

• fastback1965fastback1965 Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking for an EX-L V6 with Navi and Sensing or a Touring, in blue (preferred) or red (might settle for this). I'm in the Chicago area, so lots of dealers to chose from. I got an offer for a 2016 Touring in red, and the best prices I've heard from buyers are around mid $29k. She wouldn't come down below $30250. Probably a lower volume dealer, so that might be near their cost even with the $1200 from Honda (invoice - 3% hold back - $1200 is about their offer). So I didn't agree and she didn't counter my mid-$29k offer. It seems unlikely the best deals are available not right now, early in the model year, so I might just wait until December.

And what is the deal on blue ones??? Searches without 500 miles of my area are turning up no blue Tourings or EX-L V6 models. Do those come out later in the year in a flurry, or do they just not make very many?

edited October 2016
    fastback1965

Honda's............... Hold-back is 2% of the base MSRP. Blue is limited . I'd put the word out with 15 or so dealerships with the exact color, model and price your willing to pay . Then play hard ball with these dealers thru Dec ( if needed ) till you could nail down a really good deal. Use the internet to negotiate price before stepping foot into any dealership.

Brian, Do you think the 2% hold-back of the base MSRP for all Accords will carry over to November?
    Most commonly represented as a Dealer Cash Incentive from the manufacturer, dealers may or may not choose to pass some part of this Marketing Support money on to their customers. Our Edmunds.com True Market Value price has already taken these programs into account.

Brian, Does Edmunds TMV price already have the 2% hold back taken out?
    vwdiesel said:

Brian, Do you think the 2% hold-back of the base MSRP for all Accords will carry over to November?

2% hold-back is what the Honda Corp gives each dealer for selling each vehicle. Read below link

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

The TMV price is supposedly what the average buyer receives ( or what I call Uneducated buyers get.) The hold back is not taken into consideration.

Each dealership of almost every car brand except Audi, Bmw, Jaguar, Mini , Lincoln, gets a company hold back for selling a vehicle. Some dealers will go into there Hold-back to help make a sale where others wont.

edited October 2016
    A 30k stickered Accord will net a 600 dollar Hold-Back check. Lets say dealer sells same vehicle for $500 above Invoice price , plus dealers doc fee is $499, plus you finance vehicle thru dealer. Then dealer gets you for a Over priced warranty. Dealer made a pretty good buck. This scenario happens by the thousands in the car world.

We are concerned and educated buyers in this forum . That's why we make the best possible deals. When I post I speak from many years of buying experience.

Brian, Thank you so much for the education, this is going to be so helpful when I purchase my Accord.
    you will make a great deal . Better than the average joe :smile:

• rajagramrajagram Member Posts: 8
    Brian and experts, i got a quote for accord exl v6 with navigation and sensing package for 31000, is that a good deal, the price mentioned in OTD for MD state
    Stever Sir, any target on the 2017 V6 EXL with sensing in DC metro area.

Always target $1,500 to $2,000 below invoice for Hondas in DC for the selling price. At least for Accords and CR-Vs.

I'm traveling so am a bit short handed with tools but you can drill down to the Make/Model using the tabs up top and get invoice and MSRP numbers.
    thank you very much Stever, i am keeping that advice in mind while negotiating try my best, i will post with numbers on Monday, once I have a definite answers from Dealers.
    edited October 2016
    rajagram said:

thank you very much Stever, i am keeping that advice in mind while negotiating try my best, i will post with numbers on Monday, once I have a definite answers from Dealers.

Try to get these dealers involved in the price wars in your area.

Pohanka, Criswell, Odonnell, Jim Coleman , Shockley, Brown's and Bel Air.

Use the internet and go thru dealers web sites to nail down the lowest deals.

Brian, When emailing dealers web sites is it best to ask out the door price(saying you will purchase the next week for example) or do you say you want $X amount off invoice(with just TTL to add to that).
    thank you brian...
    Think that just offering a price (before TTL) is the best way to go.
    edited October 2016
    I always like to let the dealer name a number first. There's always the chance that the dealer number is lower than what you were expecting.

And when you hear the number, you grimace and mumble something about Toyotas and start to walk away. B)