Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW 440 lease

chateaunguyenchateaunguyen Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in BMW
36 mos 12K lease of 440 grand coupe in California
I plugged in .00137 MF, 65% Residual, $54,400(selling price, MSRP is $59,900) but I come up with a monthly payment $525 before tax while at dealership they show $761. I'm not putting any money toward cap reduction.

Why such big difference?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

36 mos 12K lease of 440 grand coupe in California
    I plugged in .00137 MF, 65% Residual, $54,400(selling price, MSRP is $59,900) but I come up with a monthly payment $525 before tax while at dealership they show $761. I'm not putting any money toward cap reduction.

Why such big difference?

Your numbers are wrong.
    Current lease program is:
    .00136 MF and 60% residual for 36/12.
    $1000 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cptsterncptstern Member Posts: 6
    Can I get the lease numbers for a 440 convertible 36/12 in FL
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    cptstern said:

Can I get the lease numbers for a 440 convertible 36/12 in FL

.00134 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• carcapco1carcapco1 Member Posts: 3
    Could you advise the June MF for a 2017 440i along with residual.

Some concerns regarding dealership offer:

Dealership says MF is .0017, thought it was .0015
    Dealership says the BMW no longer allows buying down MF rate with multiple security deposits. Is this true?
    Dealership has residual at 60%. Believe that to be accurate.

Initial offer is 8.3% off Book Value. Would that be the same as MSRP, thinking not; otherwise use MSRP. Am thinking on a 2017 that 9% is reasonable, thoughts appreciated.

See there is a current promotion with dealer contribution of $1,653 on a lease. Should that be in addition to the 8.3% or if negotiated to 9%? Am thinking yes but appreciate another view.

Final question, current lease is up at the end of the month. Is the value of a 2014 440i likely to be higher than the residual so it could be traded in. Mileage is 36K (right on the lease number with 12K per year)?

Thank you
  • carcapco1carcapco1 Member Posts: 3
    Residual being 36/12K
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    carcapco1 said:

Could you advise the June MF for a 2017 440i along with residual.

Some concerns regarding dealership offer:

Dealership says MF is .0017, thought it was .0015
    Dealership says the BMW no longer allows buying down MF rate with multiple security deposits. Is this true?
    Dealership has residual at 60%. Believe that to be accurate.

Initial offer is 8.3% off Book Value. Would that be the same as MSRP, thinking not; otherwise use MSRP. Am thinking on a 2017 that 9% is reasonable, thoughts appreciated.

See there is a current promotion with dealer contribution of $1,653 on a lease. Should that be in addition to the 8.3% or if negotiated to 9%? Am thinking yes but appreciate another view.

Final question, current lease is up at the end of the month. Is the value of a 2014 440i likely to be higher than the residual so it could be traded in. Mileage is 36K (right on the lease number with 12K per year)?

Thank you

carcapco1 said:

Residual being 36/12K

Base MF is .00150 for June
    36/12 residual is 60%
    MSD program has been discontinued by BMW

We have always suggested a target of 7% off MSRP (factory window sticker) - but, since the 2018 4-series have arrived, I suspect that bigger discounts are available.

Check with the "Real World Trade in Values" thread on the value of your 2014 440i. My guess? Probably no equity available - BMW tends to inflate their residuals to get to a good lease payment, which means that the market value at lease end is less than the residual value from the contract. There are exceptions, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4