Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• vwdieselvwdiesel Member Posts: 46
    stever do you give a counter offer or just go to the next dealer.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    Depends - I'm in a smaller market so going to the next dealer is either a one hour or three hour drive.

Ideally (to me) you will have gotten OTD quotes from several dealers before you even visit a dealer (other than for a test drive). So you'll take the two or three best quotes and ask the salesperson if that's the best they can do. You'll have an out the door number in mind (good selling price + TTL). So when the salesperson comes back (or hopefully replies by email or text), the OTD number you get will tell you if the dealer is adding on a lot of garbage fees or profit.

But it depends on the dealer, and the car. Last year I shopped a Soul locally pretty hard via email and only used some out of town quotes to keep the local dealer competitive. They were slow to get a number to me but when I did get one, it was a good number. Other stuff came up and we decided not to buy. I did stop by a couple of times to look at inventory and I made sure that the manager knew me and knew that I was a serious buyer. But I kind of like the tire-kicking aspect and I'm not in a hurry.

For a Honda in a bigger market with several dealers, you should be able to get some quotes via email, unless you enjoy negotiating in person. And some people will decide what they want to pay, find the model in inventory and go to the dealer and make a take it or leave it offer. If the dealer doesn't take it, they leave their number and walk.

It's quite the game and the only advantage a consumer has is that it's their ball and they can keep their ball in their wallet if something just doesn't add up.
  • vwdieselvwdiesel Member Posts: 46
    Very good advice, thanks stever
  • fastback1965fastback1965 Member Posts: 23
    Looking for your opinion. I've been looking at a few Touring models, two of them near me from 2016 are available. Actually the VIN numbers are only 4 apart. Anyway, the dealers seem to only come down to a certain price, which is (at this point) higher than some reports of what people paid for 2017 Tourings. So my question is, what difference would you expect to see between a 2016 and a 2017? My plan was to try to get a better deal on a year old new one, but it doesn't seem to be happening. If it's only a few hundred bucks, I'll just wait until December and get the same price for a 2017.
    People have different lines in the sand. I'd want at least a $2,000 better deal this late in the season, and even then I'd probably go with the newest version. And I drive them forever and don't really worry about the depreciation and trade-in value in 3 to 5 years.
    Yeah, I do too. I have 252000 on my 2003 accord. Stopped by the largest volume Honda dealer in my state tonight and they are emailing me their best quotes on some 2017s this week. They were saying the 2016s are only $200 less than the 2017s, so I'll probably get one of those in the next few weeks.
  • dasyrhddasyrhd Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2016
    Looking for a purchase a 2017 Sport 4cyl man trans in 95121.

The honda website is listing my config at $24,415 without TTL.
    Trying to find out where I can start my OTD offer at?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    dasyrhd said:

Invoice w destination charge on the Sport / man = $23,178. The manual sport will need to be ordered so pricing might be higher than a auto Accord. Finding one on a dealers lot will help pricewise but the color might not be what your looking for.

Your area in Socal will net you a good deal. Shoot for 2k below models invoice excluding taxes, dmv, and doc fee.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Yeah, I do too. I have 252000 on my 2003 accord. Stopped by the largest volume Honda dealer in my state tonight and they are emailing me their best quotes on some 2017s this week. They were saying the 2016s are only $200 less than the 2017s, so I'll probably get one of those in the next few weeks.

Only 252k miles on your Accord. Its just braking in. :disappointed:

Well, it's starting to nickel and dime. Put $3k in a tranny rebuild, a front axle snapped (sitting at a light there was a bang and the car started rolling backwards. Putting it in park didn't help, it just kept rolling - glad I wasn't going 80 on the interstate - that would have been interestingly). Radio died, and there's a screech on any audio output. The little display bar on top of the dash with the temp setting, radio station, etc, died. Some rust now. AC needs a charge. But my 21 year-old loves it (beats walking or Schwinn). He was going to move but now looks like he's sticking around for another year or two, so that my excuse!

So, it's that time. If the next one is $28k OTD, that's $2k a year. Pretty good for a machine I'll really enjoy driving for all that time.
    edited October 2016
    @Mr_Shiftright has convinced me that the sweet spot is 170,000 miles for most cars. And I'm at 168,000 on the van. :)

@dasyrhd, I like get quotes first before putting my own number out there. It's rare, but sometimes the dealer's offer is lower than your OTD target.
  • cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    I am interested in purchasing a 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L with Nav and Sensing. I'm in Arkansas and am not opposed to purchasing in the Northwest Arkansas area or the Central Arkansas area. Any ideas on what to expect as far as pricing goes?? I was think somewhere around the $26k-$27k range??
    While I was waiting for pricing from the high volume dealer, one of the other dealers came back with a quote on a 2016 Touring for $29500, which is in my acceptable range. Going to wait to see what the high volume dealer says, but if there are no shenanigans (they keep putting this disclaimer in this quote about TTL, plus any other accessories that have been added to the car - scary!), I will probably pull the trigger on that.

I was getting excited about having a lower priced version (EX-L V6 with Sensing only) and the associated lower cost, but I doubt I can get $3k under invoice on any of the 2017s at the present time.
    brian125 said:

dasyrhd said:

Invoice w destination charge on the Sport / man = $23,178. The manual sport will need to be ordered so pricing might be higher than a auto Accord. Finding one on a dealers lot will help pricewise but the color might not be what your looking for.

Your area in Socal will net you a good deal. Shoot for 2k below models invoice excluding taxes, dmv, and doc fee.

Right on, thanks for the info! Will update once I start the process.

stever said:

@Mr_Shiftright has convinced me that the sweet spot is 170,000 miles for most cars. And I'm at 168,000 on the van. :)

@dasyrhd, I like get quotes first before putting my own number out there. It's rare, but sometimes the dealer's offer is lower than your OTD target.

Ok, thanks for the tip.
    edited October 2016
    cls061 said:

I am interested in purchasing a 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L with Nav and Sensing. I'm in Arkansas and am not opposed to purchasing in the Northwest Arkansas area or the Central Arkansas area. Any ideas on what to expect as far as pricing goes?? I was think somewhere around the $26k-$27k range??

Hi @cls061, invoice is $29,021, MSRP is $31,655 and the True Market Value average price paid for a Ponka zip is $28,883 (yeah, love the Buffalo). Same numbers for a Little Rock zip. That's for the 4 cylinder and includes the $835 destination.

Since TMV is a couple of hundred bucks less than invoice, my guess is that you could shoot for $27,000 and hope that some dealer needs another sale to make quota and you wind up at $27,500. But maybe not - inventory on the EX-L with nav and Sensings in Little Rock is low. Kind of depends if people are buying those higher trim/option levels in your area. Hard for me to imagine that you can get $2k below invoice on a '17 already (at least outside of DC and Southern California) but sales are fading a bit all over.

If you need a new ride, this is a good weekend to shop. You may want to email around for some quotes and then focus on the two or three best dealers who respond.

Please keep us posted - you too @fastback1965.
  • honda_guy92honda_guy92 Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2017 Accord Sport SE. MSRP: $27,050. I had a trade in used as a "down payment" so I walked out the $0 down paying no fees, tax, etc. $24,92 (dealer invoice) - $1,000 honda incentives - $500 dealer lease cash - $500 recent grad. = $22920 - $300 holdback =
    Grand Total of $22,690.

Payments: $253 mo. 36/mo 15kmiles (considering the trade-in making pmt's lower and $0/no fees)
    Pay $0 down.

Hoping I got a pretty good deal.
  • nyvettenyvette Member Posts: 4
    I just left the dealership. They are pitching me a 2017 Honda Accord EX for $27,000. It's a demo w/ 5,000 miles already, so they told me I'm getting "a good deal". My down payment is $2310 including, taxes, fees, and first month. My monthly payment is $239 x 36 months with 15k miles per year. Btw, I live in NYC. I've never leased a car before. Is this a good deal?! If so, I'm going back on Saturday to finalize everything.
    nyvette said:

I just left the dealership. They are pitching me a 2017 Honda Accord EX for $27,000. It's a demo w/ 5,000 miles already, so they told me I'm getting "a good deal". My down payment is $2310 including, taxes, fees, and first month. My monthly payment is $239 x 36 months with 15k miles per year. Btw, I live in NYC. I've never leased a car before. Is this a good deal?! If so, I'm going back on Saturday to finalize everything.

Hope that 27k is with everything including taxes. STILL

Its a bad deal . EX invoice w dest charge = $25,108. this vehicle is used w 5k miles. You should expect another 1500 to 2k off somewhere on this model to be a good deal.

walk away walk away

good luck

edited October 2016
    Here are the dealers I recommend and would pit against each other at months end ( last 2 days, last day ) in the NY/ NJ area. Go thru there web sites with offers to buy and make direct calls to each dealers internet dept. / mgr. This will help you make the best possible deal before stepping foot into any dealership. The key to getting a very good deal is letting each dealer know your willing to buy on that day and will hold with a credit card deposit. leasing is like buying.. First rule of thumb.... Nail down the lowest selling price then have dealership apply the correct leasing numbers and info to your deal. Have leasing forum check out if numbers are legit. before proceeding.

If your leasing a new 17 model in this area (NY) I would target 1000 to 1500 below invoice on any desired Accord model you want to lease. In NJ target 1500 to 2k below dealers Invoice. Again Post your leasing questions and leasing numbers in the Accord leasing forum .

In NY try these dealers along with yours.

Yonkers Honda, New Rochelle, Friendly Honda, maybe Bay-Ridge Honda sometimes they will match or beat another dealer

NJ............................. Garden State , Auto-Sport , DCH Paramus , DCH Kay, Burns, Madison , Clinton, Mahwah, Honda of Tenafly. Pit all these dealers against each other with a 1500 to 2k target price . Probably wont get 2k below invoice but gotta try you may strike gold. Some of theses dealers will counter trying for your business.

Remember NJ doc fee's range from $299 to $499 so you have to lower your asking price in NJ to compensate there high doc fee charge. NY doc's are only 75 dollars so your deal and pricing in NY could be higher.

While you inquiring about pricing in NJ ask each dealer what there doc fee charge is before............. your offer to buy?

A 1000 below dealers invoice offer in both States means ;

NJ offer is really $700 or $500 below invoice price where NY doc of 75 dollars is $925 below invoice price.

edited October 2016
    Here is a no nonsense email I would send out to every dealer I'm targeting whether I'm leasing or buying today.

I'm looking to lease a 17 white Accord Ex 3yr /15k for XXX below invoice price . I want to roll everything into lease making 36 equal payments , OR I'm going to pay 1st month, tax ,and doc fee upfront. My credit score is XXX . If we could agree I will buy vehicle from you today leaving a CC deposit to show I'm serious . X price get my business Today ? If your dealership cant meet my price I will consider a counter offer,,, but if one of the other dealers I emailed agrees first they get my business. Tell all counter offers you will consider but want to play out your price option with rest of the dealers you emailed today.

Leave Name, Email and cell . Email all 15 / 20 dealers on the 2nd to last day, or last day of any month. Negotiate and play hardball till the last day if your pricing is not where you want.

By emailing and making direct calls your open the lines of communication and can continuing negotiating thru next month if time is on your side and price is not good. If 25 dealers know in Nov, I want x price and I still did not buy Dec starts a new round of negotiation. Now X,Y and Z dealers might sell lower in Dec.

End of DEC is the SuperBowl of car buying........ great deals are made by the smart and savvy shopper.

Looks like No golf in NYC today to cold and windy. This Accord board will never be the same today with me in here. .............Good luck Accord shoppers.

So I talked to the sales guy who gave me the touring quote at $3k below invoice. It turned out he misunderstood my request and quoted me for a new 2017 Touring! I was assuming it was the 2016. And the 2016 they have has actually been a loaner car and has 5000 miles on it, so he's going to get me a new quote for that, and if that is not acceptable, then I'll ask him to find me a 2017 in my preferred color.

Wondering how much I should try to get off on the 2016 with 5k miles. I'm thinking another $2k, so that would be at $27500.
    Yeah, I think .50 a mile is a good discount, which would be $2,500.

Funny thing, rarely do dealers seem to discount demos like I think they should. ;)

So I talked to the sales guy who gave me the touring quote at $3k below invoice. It turned out he misunderstood my request and quoted me for a new 2017 Touring! I was assuming it was the 2016. And the 2016 they have has actually been a loaner car and has 5000 miles on it, so he's going to get me a new quote for that, and if that is not acceptable, then I'll ask him to find me a 2017 in my preferred color.

Wondering how much I should try to get off on the 2016 with 5k miles. I'm thinking another $2k, so that would be at $27500.

Just remember a 2016 model with 5k miles is still not a 1yr model. If I was considering mentioned vehicle my target price would be in the 3k to 4k range or I move on.

You probably could still find a 16 model in the DC,MD, VA, area for 3k below invoice

• pilotdadpilotdad Member Posts: 12
    2017 EX-L V6 with nav and sensing. $33,730 sticker. Paid 28,500 before tax and license. Phoenix area.
    Congrats! Can I ask what dealer(s) you worked with?
  • pilotdadpilotdad Member Posts: 12
    Auto Nation in Chandler, Superstition Springs in Mesa. I would recommend either.
    Thanks!
  • toastmemorytoastmemory Member Posts: 4
    hey @brian125 @stever just want to thank you for your input and method on 2016 accord price and paid section on the forum... I read that from the beginning to the end and follow the advice on there to negotiate a 2017 Honda Touring White Orchid Pearl, with appearance package, nitrogen tire, wheel locks and mats, instead . (This is before the 2017 price and paid section actually got started). I believe I was able to get away with a pretty good deal. Priced I paid for was 29500 before TTL and 32500 OTD with 2.9 APR (was told 0.9 apr event was not available). Pre qualified for 2.49, use this to negotiate the rate too, I think could've got away with 32k but gave in after 6 hour negotiating after I got onsite and if I knew they get 1k for selling 2017 model then I probably could got away with 31500 OTD. Overall, its 2.2k under invoice of 31,700. I think its a pretty good deal what you guys think? This is in NJ.

Thanks
  • toastmemorytoastmemory Member Posts: 4
    denali804 said:

Hi, It's nice to see all the helpful people here. I'm in Richmond, VA. and would travel 2hrs or so to get a great deal on a 2017 Accord Touring. What is considered a good deal on a 2017 touring model. Do you guys think it would be possible to get a sales price of $28,500-$29,000 before TTL? I have recieved internet pricing from a couple of dealers in the 31,500-32,000 range. Any room to negotiate on the internet pricing, or is that considered rude? I don't need this car tomorrow, so are better deals to be had in the next couple of months, you think?

Thanks for all answers.

29200-29500 before TTL should be doable IMHO. I just got mine 2017 Touring for 29500 before TTL and 32500 OTD in NJ. I have seen others on this forum got offers between 31,9~33k OTD for a 2017 Honda Accord Touring, obviously this will depend on location. Im sure price will only get better with dealer incentive...btw I followed the recommendation from @brian125 on email method and occasionally few onsite dealers visit. it works. just need patience and tenacity! Resist the urge! lol :) Happy Hunting

denali804 said:

Hi, It's nice to see all the helpful people here. I'm in Richmond, VA. and would travel 2hrs or so to get a great deal on a 2017 Accord Touring. What is considered a good deal on a 2017 touring model. Do you guys think it would be possible to get a sales price of $28,500-$29,000 before TTL? I have recieved internet pricing from a couple of dealers in the 31,500-32,000 range. Any room to negotiate on the internet pricing, or is that considered rude? I don't need this car tomorrow, so are better deals to be had in the next couple of months, you think?

Thanks for all answers.

29200-29500 before TTL should be doable IMHO. I just got mine 2017 Touring for 29500 before TTL and 32500 OTD in NJ. I have seen others on this forum got offers between 31,9~33k OTD for a 2017 Honda Accord Touring, obviously this will depend on location. Im sure price will only get better with dealer incentive...btw I followed the recommendation from @brian125 on email method and occasionally few onsite dealers visit. it works. just need patience and tenacity! Resist the urge! lol :) Happy Hunting
    You did very well with your deal in NJ

Good luck ................................... Enjoy your new ride

Priced I paid for was 29500 before TTL and 32500 OTD with 2.9 APR (was told 0.9 apr event was not available). Pre qualified for 2.49, use this to negotiate the rate too, I think could've got away with 32k but gave in after 6 hour negotiating after I got onsite and if I knew they get 1k for selling 2017 model then I probably could got away with 31500 OTD.

Honda is showing the 0.9% financing is available until January. Not sure why it wasn't available.

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx
  • junezi749junezi749 Member Posts: 8
    I am trying to get the EX-L (the sensing/Navi is optional). The dealer gave me a price $24,988 plus tax and license. Is it a good deal or not?Bay area

Thank you
    2016 or 2017 EXL model???

junezi749 said:

I am trying to get the EX-L (the sensing/Navi is optional). The dealer gave me a price $24,988 plus tax and license. Is it a good deal or not?Bay area

Thank you

Hi @junezi749, invoice is $27,107 and the True Market Value average price paid for a 94102 SF zip is a couple of hundred less at $26,908.

So your ~$25k quote is a bit better than $2,000 below invoice.

Good deal (unless you meant to post in the 2016 discussion :) )
  • scienceguydavescienceguydave Member Posts: 6
    I apologize if there is another forum for the Honda accord hybrid, but I am looking to purchase either a Honda Accord Touring 16 or 17 or a Honda Accord Hybrid EXL or Touring. I have read that Honda is really looking to break in to the Toyota dynasty of hybrids and wants to double the sales numbers for the last Honda accord hybrid. Do we have any first hand info on how willing to haggle Honda dealers are on any of the hybrid accords? I know that they are in short supply right now but I am thinking that that may change soon. My location in suburban Philly and time frame is late December. Purchase, not lease. My bucks county dealer in Doylestown is not known for being the best deal maker from my own personal experience. Thanks for any and all help!
    TMV on the ICE only Accord is running about $700 below invoice in Philly.

TMV on the Hybrid is just about invoice.

Haven't heard the rumors but it looks like supply hasn't caught up with demand, although there seems to be "enough" inventory in your area.
  • junezi749junezi749 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2016
    stever said:

junezi749 said:

Thank you

Hi @junezi749, invoice is $27,107 and the True Market Value average price paid for a 94102 SF zip is a couple of hundred less at $26,908.

So your ~$25k quote is a bit better than $2,000 below invoice.

Good deal (unless you meant to post in the 2016 discussion :) )
    Haha~~ Thanks ~ the salesman didn't give me a breakdown. He seems pretty insist on this price and said it is a good deal. I am trying to make it down to around $25000 or less OTD, or $26000 with Sensing/Navigation. Is it gonna happen now or do I have to wait for a couple of months?
    Hard to say (and I don't know your taxes either). Figuring 10% for taxes and fees, that puts the selling price down another couple of grand and I don't think prices are easing that much. New Year's Eve? Maybe....
  • cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    stever said:

cls061 said:

Hi @cls061, invoice is $29,021, MSRP is $31,655 and the True Market Value average price paid for a Ponka zip is $28,883 (yeah, love the Buffalo). Same numbers for a Little Rock zip. That's for the 4 cylinder and includes the $835 destination.

Since TMV is a couple of hundred bucks less than invoice, my guess is that you could shoot for $27,000 and hope that some dealer needs another sale to make quota and you wind up at $27,500. But maybe not - inventory on the EX-L with nav and Sensings in Little Rock is low. Kind of depends if people are buying those higher trim/option levels in your area. Hard for me to imagine that you can get $2k below invoice on a '17 already (at least outside of DC and Southern California) but sales are fading a bit all over.

If you need a new ride, this is a good weekend to shop. You may want to email around for some quotes and then focus on the two or three best dealers who respond.

Please keep us posted - you too @fastback1965.
    Thanks for the information. I've decided to wait it out a bit as I'm in no hurry whatsoever, other than I want to take advantage of the 0.9 financing. I'm going to watch area dealers in hopes they'll get in the model I want and if they haven't by the end of the year, I'll contact them about making a deal and let them bring in what I'm wanting. Hopefully it'll pay off with waiting until the end of the year for a better deal.
    At some point you may want to get pre-approved for a car loan at your local bank or credit union or even online. That'll tell you what credit tier you qualify for and even if your score is already high, knowing the bank rate will keep the dealer honest. If they don't offer you a good rate, you tell them you are prequalified for x% at your bank and will finance through them. Most dealers at that point will meet or beat your loan rate, since the dealers make money packaging loans.
  • rclerk101rclerk101 Member Posts: 8
    2017 Honda Accord LX in Northern NJ OTD price 22K (CVT transmission)

I just got an offer from a dealership OTD price of 22K for Honda Accord LX 2017 model.
    Is that a decent deal?
    Will the price go lower during Black Friday or end of the year?
    Thank you!
    edited November 2016
    rclerk101 said:

I just got an offer from a dealership OTD price of 22K for Honda Accord LX 2017 model.
    Is that a decent deal?
    Thank you!

Good morning afternoon, I was hoping that @brian125 would respond in your other discussion since he knows NJ so well.

In the meantime, an LX invoices for $22,030 and TMV for your area is $45 more at $22,075. Those numbers include the destination.

So the dealer is eating the taxes and fees with that $22k OTD quote.

Looks decent to me. And yeah, I think it's a safe bet that prices will go lower at the end of Nov. and at the end of the year. Sales, while still good, are falling (Honda sales are down 4.2% vs Oct. 2015, per USA Today).

• cnarugan1234cnarugan1234 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    Hi, I got a 2017 Touring ( Automatic) for 29800$ Plus TTL. Is this a good deal? SF Bay area
    edited November 2016
    rclerk101 said:

Is that a decent deal?
    Thank you!

Just to reiterate what @stever posted on your NJ deal I will add to it. With every deal / quote make sure all dealers breakdown your deal from start to finish. Always know the agreed selling price of vehicle before taxes, dealers doc fee charge , any other charges dealer applies to deal that rounds out the OTD price.

Your deal is @1300 below invoice price if dealers doc fee's are 300/ 400 dollars and assuming 7% NJ tax .

In Addition to your NJ dealers reach out to below listed in Nov. $300 to $700 could be saved this month if you want to shop around at the end of Nov, in.................. NJ.

Get these dealers involved in the price wars

Burns, Madison , Mahwah, Clinton, DCH Kay and Paramus , Honda of Tenafly, Auto-Sport, Garden State, Route 22, Route 23 Honda

edited November 2016
    rclerk101

If you wait longer to buy I'd consider crossing the GW bridge into NY to buy also . All it takes is a email to dealers requesting a certain price for the sale. NY doc fee's are only $75 compared to NJ 300 to 500 doc fees. Your same deal in NY saves you $225 cause of the higher NJ doc fee charge .

Go thru these dealers web sites if you decided to expand your buying search

New Rochelle , Yonkers , Friendly Honda............ In LI. try Millennium , Atlantic, Huntington

Here is a quick email to send to all NY dealers Int / mgr / dept.

HI, I'm price shopping to buy a white 2017 lx Accord in NJ or NY . My best price is xxx. If your dealership will meet my price of xxx I will buy vehicle from you today holding with a credit card deposit till I could get there to finish the deal. Dealer must agree to your price 1st with conformation before you step foot into that dealership.

The reason why I worded email like this is because in NY / NJ Accord pricing is not as good as other states. A price range of $1200 to 2000 below invoice is where almost all deals will fall into right now for the educated buyer .

Good luck

Hi, I got a 2017 Touring ( Automatic) for 29800$ Plus TTL. Is this a good deal? SF Bay area

Hi @cnarugan1234 - invoice is $32,678 and the True Market Value average price paid for a San Fran zip is $33,529. (all numbers include destination)

Your selling price is ~$2900 below invoice - that seems really good for the Bay Area. Exceptionally good.

Mind the fees, and enjoy!
    edited November 2016
    stever did I read your post correctly that Edmunds TMV for San Fran is 900 above invoice. @edmunds TMV took the average buyers in that area and came up with 900 above invoice.. Sounds absurd with dealers getting a 1K incentive right now.

Who's in charge of handling the TMV @Edmunds I'd like to send them some idea's bettering there service??

• kahrloskahrlos Member Posts: 12
    Any recommendations on which Dallas / Ft Worth dealer is giving the best deal? Considering 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L and Sedan EX-L. Don't mind traveling to SA, Austin, Houston or OKC if it's worth it.