Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Interior Quality Disappoints - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2016 in Chevrolet
imageInterior Quality Disappoints - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

The 2016 Chevrolet Volt's interior quality does not match its sticker price.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Hmm, that's disappointing. I'm now wondering if the Bolt will be super-cheap interior wise (especially given the likely small margins or negative margins on the car).
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    A few pieces of piano finish plastic would go a long way. But then again that swath of white piano finish plastic in the first Volt didn't exactly look upscale.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    With an expensive drive train they had to cut costs where they could. No getting around battery $$$.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    The interior of the Mirai in the preceeding entry looks super plasticky too. Can you compare the interiors of the Volt. Mirai and Prius?
  • justoneopinionjustoneopinion Member Posts: 21
    Worse than the quality of some (not all) of the interior pieces is how poorly things are assembled at the factory. On the same driver's door of my 2017 emblazoned with a patriotic "United Auto Workers Local 22" decal, the window regulator was incorrectly attached along with a misaligned top trim panel. My Chevrolet dealer recently spent a couple of days fixing several quality control glitches after just 3,000 miles, including a leaking engine oil pan (no gasket is used -- just sealant and crossed fingers that it holds).

I keep telling myself I love the electric drive.