Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mercedes GLC Class Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• luisk77luisk77 Member Posts: 9
    luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

**Re-post**
    Hello everyone. I sent a few private messages to Michael but then I figured that it's better to post a message here so everyone can see and refer. It's a long post so...sorry in advance. And Michael, it will be great if you can put your feedback here. Sorry for the other messages on your board.

I closed a lease deal for a Mercedes Benz 2016 GLC300 and here are the numbers and detailst:

Car: 2016 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 RWD
    State: Southern California (dealership: Fletcher Jones Motorcars, Irvine, California)
    Features: Standard features plus Blind Spot Assist, Panorama Sunroof, Heated Front Seats and Premium Package 01.
    Total Retail Price on the sticker: $43,505 (Suggested Retail Price for Standard car: $38,950).

Gross capitalized cost: $42,165.71
    Capitalized cost reduction: None
    Adjusted capitalized cost: $42,165.71
    (The itemization of Gross capitalized cost is: Agreed upon value: $41,315.71. Plus Maintenance agreement $850 = $42,165.71)

Residual value: $26,110.45
    Depreciation: $16,055.26
    Rent charge: $2,359.82
    Total of base monthly payment: $18,415.08

Lease term: 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.
    Base monthly payment: $511.53
    Sales tax: $40.92
    Total monthly payment: $552.45

Regarding the total amount due at signing, here are the details:
    1st month payment: $552.45
    Acquisition: $995
    Sales taxes: $86
    Security Deposit: $2,750
    Registration fee: $101
    License fee: $268
    Document processing fee: $80
    Electronic filing fee: $29
    California tire fee: $7
    Total: $4,868.45

Michael already commented that the acquisition was marked up. And perhaps the MF was marked up as well. But overall, I think it was a good deal. Not great, but not a rip off either. Do you agree?

One interesting thing is that one day after I took my car home, I got a call from Financial Dept. They miscalculated the Security Deposit and I have to pay another $250. This is because at the last moment I added the prepaid maintenance service and apparently the guy forgot to add it to the whole equation.
    I'm planning to call them and tell them to consider the short $250 as an additional discount on the MSRP since they marked up the Acquisition fee. But I'm not sure if this appropriate. Any thoughts?
    They say they need to do a new contract with this addition, but if this is the case I just want to cancel the whole thing. Perhaps I'm over-reacting but I just don't like the idea of going back and put more money because they made a mistake. The contract is already signed so they should just forget about it... no?

Hope this is helpful for somebody else.

Thanks!

It looks like a solid deal.

Congrats, and enjoy the new MB!

And, thank you for sharing your deal details with the boards.
    Thanks Michael! Good to know that I got a good deal.
    And regarding the extra $250 they are asking, it's valid to ask them to just absorb it themselves, right? Do you think if I bring the Acquisition fee mark up they will agree? I saw on the internet that people usually don't touch the Acquisition fee since it's one of those flat fees that each dealer has. You can negotiate the MSRP and MF but not the Acquisition fee.
    I just don't want to go back and pay another $250...
    Be polite when you talk to them. You'll likely have to sign a new contract, but work with them to adjust the numbers so the out of pocket amount doesn't change, nor does the payment.
    I see... so no matter what I need a new contract... ok. Thanks for your feedback!!
    Yeah, a new contract is needed since I'm guessing that MBFS kicked the original one back due to the error.
    Can I then return the car and cancel everything? This is different from the cooling period where they will never cancel a transaction. In my case the contract might be already void so I can just return the car and have my money reimbursed, no?
    Because I got another offer from another dealer: same car but with sport package and my final price will be $39,488 which I think it's even better.
    I believe that is an option available to you, yes. Or, you can use the other offer as leverage with your current dealer to get a better deal on the car you have.
    Thanks. I will talk to them and see what options I have.
    Hello Michael. Just a quick update on this post.
    So I went back to the dealer and told them that, although the whole lease experience with them was great and the car was awesome, I didn't like the idea of having to pay a little more money now that the contract was signed just because there was a mistake on the calculation.
    They understood and apologized. They said that they still needed a new contract to reflect the accurate security deposit (now increased to $3,000) but they were going to pay the missing $250. So at the end of the lease I would get those additional $250, not them.
    I checked the new contract and all numbers were exactly the same, except of course for the new increased security deposit and the new increased total due at signing. But I didn't pay anything extra and my monthly payment remains the same.

I know they will try to avoid paying back the whole $3,000 at the end of the lease... they will probably say that the car needs new tires or it has way too many scratches... But overall I think I ended up with a really good deal since I didn't have to pay the extra $250.

If you are in the SoCal area and thinking of leasing a new Mercedes Benz, I suggest you to visit the Fletcher Jones Dealer. You will see on Yelp that they have positive and negative reviews, but as Michael said, if you are polite and talk with them, I'm sure you will get a great deal. They care about customer loyalty.

Cheers and good luck!

P.S. Michael.. thanks again for your feedback. It was very helpful!!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    luisk77 said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

Michaell said:

luisk77 said:

**Re-post**
    Hello everyone. I sent a few private messages to Michael but then I figured that it's better to post a message here so everyone can see and refer. It's a long post so...sorry in advance. And Michael, it will be great if you can put your feedback here. Sorry for the other messages on your board.

I closed a lease deal for a Mercedes Benz 2016 GLC300 and here are the numbers and detailst:

Car: 2016 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 RWD
    State: Southern California (dealership: Fletcher Jones Motorcars, Irvine, California)
    Features: Standard features plus Blind Spot Assist, Panorama Sunroof, Heated Front Seats and Premium Package 01.
    Total Retail Price on the sticker: $43,505 (Suggested Retail Price for Standard car: $38,950).

Gross capitalized cost: $42,165.71
    Capitalized cost reduction: None
    Adjusted capitalized cost: $42,165.71
    (The itemization of Gross capitalized cost is: Agreed upon value: $41,315.71. Plus Maintenance agreement $850 = $42,165.71)

Residual value: $26,110.45
    Depreciation: $16,055.26
    Rent charge: $2,359.82
    Total of base monthly payment: $18,415.08

Lease term: 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.
    Base monthly payment: $511.53
    Sales tax: $40.92
    Total monthly payment: $552.45

Regarding the total amount due at signing, here are the details:
    1st month payment: $552.45
    Acquisition: $995
    Sales taxes: $86
    Security Deposit: $2,750
    Registration fee: $101
    License fee: $268
    Document processing fee: $80
    Electronic filing fee: $29
    California tire fee: $7
    Total: $4,868.45

Michael already commented that the acquisition was marked up. And perhaps the MF was marked up as well. But overall, I think it was a good deal. Not great, but not a rip off either. Do you agree?

One interesting thing is that one day after I took my car home, I got a call from Financial Dept. They miscalculated the Security Deposit and I have to pay another $250. This is because at the last moment I added the prepaid maintenance service and apparently the guy forgot to add it to the whole equation.
    I'm planning to call them and tell them to consider the short $250 as an additional discount on the MSRP since they marked up the Acquisition fee. But I'm not sure if this appropriate. Any thoughts?
    They say they need to do a new contract with this addition, but if this is the case I just want to cancel the whole thing. Perhaps I'm over-reacting but I just don't like the idea of going back and put more money because they made a mistake. The contract is already signed so they should just forget about it... no?

Hope this is helpful for somebody else.

Thanks!

It looks like a solid deal.

Congrats, and enjoy the new MB!

And, thank you for sharing your deal details with the boards.
    Thanks Michael! Good to know that I got a good deal.
    And regarding the extra $250 they are asking, it's valid to ask them to just absorb it themselves, right? Do you think if I bring the Acquisition fee mark up they will agree? I saw on the internet that people usually don't touch the Acquisition fee since it's one of those flat fees that each dealer has. You can negotiate the MSRP and MF but not the Acquisition fee.
    I just don't want to go back and pay another $250...
    Be polite when you talk to them. You'll likely have to sign a new contract, but work with them to adjust the numbers so the out of pocket amount doesn't change, nor does the payment.
    I see... so no matter what I need a new contract... ok. Thanks for your feedback!!
    Yeah, a new contract is needed since I'm guessing that MBFS kicked the original one back due to the error.
    Can I then return the car and cancel everything? This is different from the cooling period where they will never cancel a transaction. In my case the contract might be already void so I can just return the car and have my money reimbursed, no?
    Because I got another offer from another dealer: same car but with sport package and my final price will be $39,488 which I think it's even better.
    I believe that is an option available to you, yes. Or, you can use the other offer as leverage with your current dealer to get a better deal on the car you have.
    Thanks. I will talk to them and see what options I have.
    Hello Michael. Just a quick update on this post.
    So I went back to the dealer and told them that, although the whole lease experience with them was great and the car was awesome, I didn't like the idea of having to pay a little more money now that the contract was signed just because there was a mistake on the calculation.
    They understood and apologized. They said that they still needed a new contract to reflect the accurate security deposit (now increased to $3,000) but they were going to pay the missing $250. So at the end of the lease I would get those additional $250, not them.
    I checked the new contract and all numbers were exactly the same, except of course for the new increased security deposit and the new increased total due at signing. But I didn't pay anything extra and my monthly payment remains the same.

I know they will try to avoid paying back the whole $3,000 at the end of the lease... they will probably say that the car needs new tires or it has way too many scratches... But overall I think I ended up with a really good deal since I didn't have to pay the extra $250.

If you are in the SoCal area and thinking of leasing a new Mercedes Benz, I suggest you to visit the Fletcher Jones Dealer. You will see on Yelp that they have positive and negative reviews, but as Michael said, if you are polite and talk with them, I'm sure you will get a great deal. They care about customer loyalty.

Cheers and good luck!

P.S. Michael.. thanks again for your feedback. It was very helpful!!
    Glad everything worked out for you. While I've never used MSD for my leases, I believe my co-host had, and to the best of my knowledge he's never had a problem getting those funds returned. Take good care of the car and I doubt you'll have any problems.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• SungjeeSungjee Member Posts: 4
    Hi Michaell,
    Wanted to check if the quote I have seem to be fair:

GLC 300 4WD / 36 months / 10K miles per year

MSRP $43,725 / Drive Off $4,863 (including cap cost reduction of 3,599)

Monthly Pay $502 (Tax included)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Sungjee said:

Hi Michaell,
    Wanted to check if the quote I have seem to be fair:

GLC 300 4WD / 36 months / 10K miles per year

MSRP $43,725 / Drive Off $4,863 (including cap cost reduction of 3,599)

Monthly Pay $502 (Tax included)

.00131 MF and 59% residual.

What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost?
    Which state and what tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• turn1pturn1p Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    Please can i get the rates on a 2016 4x2 GLC300 for 36 months and 10k miles. thanks!
    turn1p said:

Please can i get the rates on a 2016 4x2 GLC300 for 36 months and 10k miles. thanks!

.00131 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jferraljferral Member Posts: 36
    Can you please share

MF and Residual for 12K/36
    Available incentives
    How much to expect off the MSRP (Percentage)

Vehicle: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC GLC300 SUV

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    jferral said:

Can you please share

Available incentives

RWD or 4Matic?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jferraljferral Member Posts: 36
    Michaell said:

jferral said:

Can you please share

Available incentives

RWD or 4Matic?
    RWD please. Thank you

jferral said:

Michaell said:

jferral said:

Can you please share

Available incentives

RWD or 4Matic?
    RWD please. Thank you

.00147 and 58%

No incentive info for MB.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• versifinianversifinian Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    What is a great deal anyone has gotten on semi-loaded GLC300 in Southern California?

Could you please provide details?

Thanks in advance!
  • cheungmccheungmc Member Posts: 22
    Hi, do you have the MF and residual avail for the 2017 GLC300 4 Matic?
    36 months, 12K per yr. Thx!
    cheungmc said:

Hi, do you have the MF and residual avail for the 2017 GLC300 4 Matic?
    36 months, 12K per yr. Thx!

2017 discussion is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42288/mercedes-benz/glc-class/2017-mercedes-benz-glc-class-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What is a great deal anyone has gotten on semi-loaded GLC300 in Southern California?

Could you please provide details?

Thanks in advance!

You can read back through the last few pages of this discussion to see what others have negotiated.

Or, use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jnad1jnad1 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone share lease prices paid in NY or NJ?
  • kp052612kp052612 Member Posts: 5
    Can you please provide the current 36mo/15k miles MF and RV for a 2017 GLC300 RWD in CA? Thanks!
    kp052612 said:

Can you please provide the current 36mo/15k miles MF and RV for a 2017 GLC300 RWD in CA? Thanks!

I see you've posted in the 2017 thread; answered there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kp052612kp052612 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Michaell! I had a typo and wanted to know the current 36 mo/15k miles MF and RV for a 2016 GLC300 RWD in CA. Thanks again.
    kp052612 said:

Thanks Michaell! I had a typo and wanted to know the current 36 mo/15k miles MF and RV for a 2016 GLC300 RWD in CA. Thanks again.

.00147 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• salv4lifesalv4life Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, checking December numbers for a 2016 GLC300 RWD in CA. I am interested in residual and MF for a 36 and 39 month lease both at 12k miles per year. Thanks.
    salv4life said:

Hey all, checking December numbers for a 2016 GLC300 RWD in CA. I am interested in residual and MF for a 36 and 39 month lease both at 12k miles per year. Thanks.

.00147 MF and 58% residual for 36/12.
    No residual numbers for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kiranbodlakiranbodla Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    I got below deal on MB GLC RWD please let me know is this good or BAD deal, I am unable to judge did i do good job or not negotiating.

MSRP:49155
    DOWN:4638
    FACTOR:.1590
    Monthly payment: 486 included 9%tax $20 prepaid maintenance
    Milage: 10 K per year
    residual value: 29943

also please advise me is this deal good to by this car at the end of lease or not? I have a thought to buy.
    edited January 2017

I got below deal on MB GLC RWD please let me know is this good or BAD deal, I am unable to judge did i do good job or not negotiating.

MSRP:49155
    DOWN:4638
    FACTOR:.1590
    Monthly payment: 486 included 9%tax $20 prepaid maintenance
    Milage: 10 K per year
    residual value: 29943

also please advise me is this deal good to by this car at the end of lease or not? I have a thought to buy.

What is the selling price or adjusted CAP cost?
    How many months?
    Which state is this?
    .00129 is the base MF.

This is the 2016 discussion. Is your deal on a 2016?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Selling price says 42353.53
    36 months
    this is in California

Selling price says 42353.53
    36 months
    this is in California

2016 or 2017?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2017 GLC 300

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zoltar333zoltar333 Member Posts: 13
    May I get the current residual and MF on a 2016 GLC RWD, 36 month, NV, 10k/month. Don't know if this matters but it is on a CPO vehicle with 9k miles. Thanks!
    zoltar333 said:

May I get the current residual and MF on a 2016 GLC RWD, 36 month, NV, 10k/month. Don't know if this matters but it is on a CPO vehicle with 9k miles. Thanks!

We do not have any CPO lease numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tliartistliartis Member Posts: 22
    Can you provide the lease numbers for the glc300 coupe and the amg glc43 coupe. I need 15k & 12k a year for some different month ranges. 33,36,39? Not sure what all month ranges there are.
    tliartis said:

Can you provide the lease numbers for the glc300 coupe and the amg glc43 coupe. I need 15k & 12k a year for some different month ranges. 33,36,39? Not sure what all month ranges there are.

We don't show any lease programs on the 2016 models.

Looks like you found the 2017 discussion

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator