Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I have a 2008 Chevy HHR. Cruise control quit working. Is there a fuse I can check?

gamma4397gamma4397 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Chevrolet
I have a 2008 Chevy HHR. The cruise control just stopped working. No response at all. I have studied the manual but cannot find a particular fuse to check. Is there one you can direct me to?

Answers

• Options
    93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! Before looking to deep, check your brake lights and brake light circuit. Certain new and newer vehicles use the braking system to prevent over speeding within parameters, on long down hill roadways with cruise set. For safety reasons the cruise will not engage on these vehicles if there is a brake light out or trouble with the brake circuit or system. If not that, it well need serviced by a qualified shop. Hope it is as simple as $5.00 worth of bulbs and 10 minutes time. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    carol1954carol1954 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2010 that one remote will not work at all and the other will just open the doors, not lock them. We just purchased it and were not aware of this until we got home. We have changed the batteries and checked fuses. Bought it from a little one man operated car lot as is so we know we won't get help there. We have another 2010 HHR and its remotes both work fine.