Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mazda3 Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084
    ravforme1 said:

Looking for MF and RV and lease cash on 2016 3 i Touring manual sedan at 10k for both 24 and 36mos in Oregon.

Thanks!

.00019 and 56% or 51%. $2260 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cplax25cplax25 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, looking for MF and RV for 2017 3 Touring Hatch Auto in CA. 36mo/10k lease, thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    cplax25 said:

Hello, looking for MF and RV for 2017 3 Touring Hatch Auto in CA. 36mo/10k lease, thanks!

.00014 MF and 56% residual.
    Add 1% for 2.5 Touring model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cplax25cplax25 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks!
  • scarlettimescarlettime Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Hello do you have 2016 Mazda3 GTs , hatchback, manual transmission, in Northern CA. 10k/36mo, MF and Residual?

Hello do you have 2016 Mazda3 GTs , hatchback, manual transmission, in Northern CA. 10k/36mo, MF and Residual?

.00001 MF and 51% residual for 39/12.
    $1220 lease cash. 39 months is the sweet spot, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nicks4nicks4 Member Posts: 79
    What is the MF & RV for a 2016 Mazda3 Sport Sedan Automatic for:
    12 & 15K
    36 Months
    Virginia

Are there any incentives? Is there GAP Insurance included from Mazda?

Thank you in advance
    nicks4 said:

What is the MF & RV for a 2016 Mazda3 Sport Sedan Automatic for:
    12 & 15K
    36 Months
    Virginia

Are there any incentives? Is there GAP Insurance included from Mazda?

Thank you in advance

The best term is 39 months, with this month's program.
    .00001 MF and 47%/45% residual for 39 months.
    $2260 lease cash.

Mazda leases include GAP insurance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nicks4nicks4 Member Posts: 79
    Thank you very much. How much extra lease cash do you get if you have another Mazda lease?
    nicks4 said:

Thank you very much. How much extra lease cash do you get if you have another Mazda lease?

We don't have any loyalty information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mikedefranmikedefran Member Posts: 86
    16 Mazda 3 sport sedan automatic 15k miles/36-39months in PA 19401
    Mf/res please any incentives

Thank you

16 Mazda 3 sport sedan automatic 15k miles/36-39months in PA 19401
    Mf/res please any incentives

Thank you

.00001 MF and 45% residual for 39/15. $2260 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dejuteantonydejuteantony Member Posts: 2
    Any difference from MF and Residual on 2016 iTouring Sedan for 39/12k in Indianapolis from the above reported?

Any difference from MF and Residual on 2016 iTouring Sedan for 39/12k in Indianapolis from the above reported?

Mazda numbers are national, for November.

.00001 and 49%. $2260 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pseichlerpseichler Member Posts: 28
    Hi guys, found a leftover 2016 i sport hatch MT and wondering what the numbers are for 10/36 and 10/39 in WI.

Thanks!
    pseichler said:

Hi guys, found a leftover 2016 i sport hatch MT and wondering what the numbers are for 10/36 and 10/39 in WI.

Thanks!

.00014 MF and 51% residual
    .00001 MF and 50% residual

$1220 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlechatmlechat Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2016
    Hi there,

Would appreciate the current money factor and residual for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan and Hatchback:
    - both 2.0L, automatic, with popular equipment package
    - in Southern California (LA area)
    - 36 month/12K mile lease

Thanks!

Originally looked at the 2017 Sport Sedan, but found a few dealers offering $1000 off these leftover 2016 i Touring models with the Bose stereo/CD player and thought they might offer better bang for the buck.

Any advice for negotiating a great deal on one of the few models left from the previous year during the last week of the year?

Would love to know how you feel the deals on the 2016 vs. 2017 should compare at this point in the 2016's cycle?

Read on leasehackr.com that a stellar lease deal with residual over 55% and a highly motivated dealer can yield a monthly payment of around 0.5-0.8% of the MSRP … is that the goal in any case? Is it more likely on the 2016 now that they're almost gone?

Thanks so much!
    mlechat said:

Hi there,

Would appreciate the current money factor and residual for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan and Hatchback:

Thanks!

Originally looked at the 2017 Sport Sedan, but found a few dealers offering $1000 off these leftover 2016 i Touring models with the Bose stereo/CD player and thought they might offer better bang for the buck.

Any advice for negotiating a great deal on one of the few models left from the previous year during the last week of the year?

Would love to know how you feel the deals on the 2016 vs. 2017 should compare at this point in the 2016's cycle?

Read on leasehackr.com that a stellar lease deal with residual over 55% and a highly motivated dealer can yield a monthly payment of around 0.5-0.8% of the MSRP … is that the goal in any case? Is it more likely on the 2016 now that they're almost gone?

Thanks so much!

Sedan - .00019 and 49%. $2260 lease cash
    Hatch - .00014 and 53%. $1220 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ianckanianckan Member Posts: 52
    Hello,

Could I please have the RV, MF and available incentives in SoCal for:
    1) 2016 Mazda 3 5-door iGrand Touring-Manual
    2) 2016 Mazda 3 5-door sGrand Touring-Manual
    3) 2017 Mazda 3 5-door sport-Manual
    4) 2017 Mazda 3 5-door Grand Touring-Manual

Thanks in advance.
    Ian
    Sorry, the above request was for 24months/ 12 k miles.
    Thanks,
    Ian
    ianckan said:

Hello,

Could I please have the RV, MF and available incentives in SoCal for:
    1) 2016 Mazda 3 5-door iGrand Touring-Manual
    2) 2016 Mazda 3 5-door sGrand Touring-Manual
    3) 2017 Mazda 3 5-door sport-Manual
    4) 2017 Mazda 3 5-door Grand Touring-Manual

Thanks in advance.
    Ian

ianckan said:

Sorry, the above request was for 24months/ 12 k miles.
    Thanks,
    Ian

2016 iGT MT - 54% and .00014
    2016 sGT MT - 55% and .00014

2017 thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43307/mazda/mazda3/2017-mazda-mazda3-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Hi there, Would appreciate the current money factor and residual for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan and Hatchback: - both 2.0L, automatic, with popular equipment package - in Southern California (LA area) - 36 month/12K mile lease Thanks! Originally looked at the 2017 Sport Sedan, but found a few dealers offering $1000 off these leftover 2016 i Touring models with the Bose stereo/CD player and thought they might offer better bang for the buck. Any advice for negotiating a great deal on one of the few models left from the previous year during the last week of the year? Would love to know how you feel the deals on the 2016 vs. 2017 should compare at this point in the 2016's cycle? Read on leasehackr.com that a stellar lease deal with residual over 55% and a highly motivated dealer can yield a monthly payment of around 0.5-0.8% of the MSRP … is that the goal in any case? Is it more likely on the 2016 now that they're almost gone? Thanks so much!
    Sedan - .00019 and 49%. $2260 lease cash Hatch - .00014 and 53%. $1220 lease cash
    Thanks so much!  At the risk of asking a potentially obvious question, do we take lease cash off the negotiated price st the end when we finally say that we want to lease (rather than buy)?

On a related note, how do you typically answer when a dealer asks to know whether you want to buy, lease, or pay cash before providing a quote? Do you just say: "I'll decide once we've agreed on a price"?
    Michaell said:
    Hi there, Would appreciate the current money factor and residual for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan and Hatchback: - both 2.0L, automatic, with popular equipment package - in Southern California (LA area) - 36 month/12K mile lease Thanks! Originally looked at the 2017 Sport Sedan, but found a few dealers offering $1000 off these leftover 2016 i Touring models with the Bose stereo/CD player and thought they might offer better bang for the buck. Any advice for negotiating a great deal on one of the few models left from the previous year during the last week of the year? Would love to know how you feel the deals on the 2016 vs. 2017 should compare at this point in the 2016's cycle? Read on leasehackr.com that a stellar lease deal with residual over 55% and a highly motivated dealer can yield a monthly payment of around 0.5-0.8% of the MSRP … is that the goal in any case? Is it more likely on the 2016 now that they're almost gone? Thanks so much!
    Sedan - .00019 and 49%. $2260 lease cash Hatch - .00014 and 53%. $1220 lease cash
    Thanks so much!  At the risk of asking a potentially obvious question, do we take lease cash off the negotiated price st the end when we finally say that we want to lease (rather than buy)?

On a related note, how do you typically answer when a dealer asks to know whether you want to buy, lease, or pay cash before providing a quote?  Just say you'll decide once we agree on a price?
    Michaell said:

On a related note, how do you typically answer when a dealer asks to know whether you want to buy, lease, or pay cash before providing a quote?  Just say you'll decide once we agree on a price?
    mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

You want to negotiate your best price before applying the lease cash.

It's ok to tell them you are leasing - there are different incentives for lease vs. purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you for the numbers.
    Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

It's ok to tell them you are leasing - there are different incentives for lease vs. purchase.

Thanks again! Making progress and will post the quotes we've received as soon as the last two come in tomorrow.

Have the money factors, residual values, and lease cash changed for January 2017? Would greatly appreciate any updated numbers, hoping to wrap up a deal on one of these vehicles tomorrow:

Mazda3 (automatic, 2.0L, in Southern California - LA area & talking to 1 dealer in Riverside)

2016 i Touring Sedan
    2016 i Touring Hatchback

Thanks so much and happy new year!
    mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Thanks again! Making progress and will post the quotes we've received as soon as the last two come in tomorrow.

Have the money factors, residual values, and lease cash changed for January 2017? Would greatly appreciate any updated numbers, hoping to wrap up a deal on one of these vehicles tomorrow:

Mazda3 (automatic, 2.0L, in Southern California - LA area & talking to 1 dealer in Riverside)

2016 i Touring Sedan
    2016 i Touring Hatchback

The Mazda programs extend until 1/3/17. New program numbers will be released after that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Michaell said:

mlechat said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

2016 i Touring Sedan
    2016 i Touring Hatchback

The Mazda programs extend until 1/3/17. New program numbers will be released after that.

Thanks! One dealer told us tonight that we probably wouldn't be able to lease a 2016 after Wednesday. Think that's just because they're not expecting the new programs to have lease cash again, or does Mazda (or Chase) actually stop offering leases on the prior year models as soon as their calendar year ends? Can dealers only sell the remaining 2016s to finance or cash customers?

It seemed a very busy year-end weekend for most dealers we were in touch with, and the two most promising ones have been taking forever to respond/confirm numbers on a zero-down 36/12 lease deal.

One said they'd beat another's $19,206 lease price quote (includes lease cash), but they came back with a higher price and our payment calculations didn't match when we ran the numbers at that price … they added the $595 acquisition fee on top of their price/cap cost and claim the registration fee is over $30 higher than our DMV estimates. No other quotes we have (that include the lease payment with tax) appear to have the acquisition fee added on top of their lease price, so that seemed odd.

Tonight we widened the search and found another vehicle we like at a dealer a bit farther away who is supposed to get back to us asap tomorrow. The saga continues … ;-)
    @mlechat It's entirely possible that lease support will end for the 2016 models. It has to, at some point.

All Mazda leases come with a $595 acquisition fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

@mlechat It's entirely possible that lease support will end for the 2016 models. It has to, at some point.

All Mazda leases come with a $595 acquisition fee.

Thanks. The other quotes had it included already in the cap cost they quoted, so guess we better keep negotiating on this one …
    Would love to get the updated MF, RV, and lease cash for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring and Grand Touring (automatic) in Southern California for a 36/12 lease whenever they are available. Thanks so much!
    mlechat said:

Would love to get the updated MF, RV, and lease cash for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring and Grand Touring (automatic) in Southern California for a 36/12 lease whenever they are available. Thanks so much!

Sedan, right?

Touring: .00022 MF and 49% residual for 39/12. $2550 lease cash
    GT: 48% residual

39 months is the sweet spot, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks so much! How about for the hatch?

Does Mazda extend the warranty of 3 year/36K the full 39 months/39K miles when you lease that long? Not excited about potentially having to pay for tires/brakes/35K service but maybe we could trade it before the lease is up … or maybe we'll end up so in love that we buy it at the end. Seems rare out there, but is there ever a good scenario for doing that?
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Does Mazda extend the warranty of 3 year/36K the full 39 months/39K miles when you lease that long? Not excited about potentially having to pay for tires/brakes/35K service but maybe we could trade it before the lease is up … or maybe we'll end up so in love that we buy it at the end. Seems rare out there, but is there ever a good scenario for doing that?
    No warranty extensions for lessees.

iTouring hatch: .00029 MF and 52% residual for 39/12. $1350 lease cash
    iGT: 49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks! Why choose a 39-month lease if the last 3 months it won't be under warranty anymore? Not to mention, (at least for the Honda Civic) 35-40K miles means new tires, new brakes, and transmission maintenance will all be needed during those last 3 months … about $1,000 in expenses for a car you're not keeping.

What are the MF and residual for 36/12 on the i Touring sedan and hatch? Is that amount of lease cash only for 39 months, or any length lease?
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks! Why choose a 39-month lease if the last 3 months it won't be under warranty anymore? Not to mention, (at least for the Honda Civic) 35-40K miles means new tires, new brakes, and transmission maintenance will all be needed during those last 3 months … about $1,000 in expenses for a car you're not keeping.

What are the MF and residual for 36/12 on the i Touring sedan and hatch? Is that amount of lease cash only for 39 months, or any length lease?
    People choose the 39 month term, because it's cheaper per month
    I disagree that an extra 3000 miles automatically means $1000 in expenses. I've had cars go 90K miles before needing brakes, and I've never had an automatic transmission repair out of warranty. The standard mileage allowance is 15K/yr, so plenty of people drive out of warranty. If your tires pass inspection at 36K, they'll probably pass at 39K.

iTouring sedan, auto: .00001 MF and 48% residual. $2550 lease cash
    iTouring hatch, auto: ..00001 MF and 52% residual. $1350 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

I disagree that an extra 3000 miles automatically means $1000 in expenses. I've had cars go 90K miles before needing brakes, and I've never had an automatic transmission repair out of warranty. The standard mileage allowance is 15K/yr, so plenty of people drive out of warranty. If your tires pass inspection at 36K, they'll probably pass at 39K.

Thanks so much, that's helpful! It's been awhile since we've gotten this far into a lease term without Honda actively recruiting us to trade the Civic back in for the new one well before the 36 months was up. And now, what do you know, the dealer we leased our current Civic from (lease up in May) just called to see whether we still had it after they got word we visited their sister Mazda dealership.
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks so much, that's helpful! It's been awhile since we've gotten this far into a lease term without Honda actively recruiting us to trade the Civic back in for the new one well before the 36 months was up. And now, what do you know, the dealer we leased our current Civic from (lease up in May) just called to see whether we still had it after they got word we visited their sister Mazda dealership.
    Someone is always watching. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator