Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hey Brian, yes, $900 over invoice for a Touring V-6. That's for 94102 in SF. I'm not showing any consumer incentives for the 2017 Accord right now - are you talking about a manufacturer to dealer incentive?

For TMV questions, just use the Help link at the bottom of the page and that way your comments will get slotted to the right people quickest.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Tks . There's no consumer cash I'm aware of yet ?

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Haven't seen any. With sales down 4% or so, I suspect some incentives will show up "soon".
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    $1000 dealer cash on Accords, last month. Haven't seen the November programs yet, but I doubt that went away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Dealers are receiving incentive money to sell. How much over 1k is unknown, but when you see some buyers getting close to 3k below the posted dealers invoice you wonder????

• rclerk101rclerk101 Member Posts: 8
    Dear brian125 and stever,

Thank you so much for your helpful comments! I'll keep you posted on my final deal.
  • brainage2brainage2 Member Posts: 24
    Hi All, I am planning for a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid touring in NJ. Can anyone give me a starting price i can work on?
    brainage2 said:

Hi All, I am planning for a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid touring in NJ. Can anyone give me a starting price i can work on?

Invoice w dest / charge = $33,704.... Hybrid Touring's supply is very limited so dealers might not discount like reg Accords. I would target a starting price of 1500 below invoice in NJ ( $32,204 ) My guess is that # may be hard to get But atleast its a starting point and you could always negotiate back up from that number .

I would Email 15 / 20 dealerships in NJ / NY and see if you get any bites for a immediate sale on that day you send out requests to dealerships. As far as I know dealers are getting 1k for selling a Hybrid Accord but that does not mean you will get the full 1k discount passed onto you.

There could be other discount dealer is receiving for selling Hybrids so I would also check out True-car pricing

Use a phony name / email and go thru TRUE-CAR to get a price idea in your area. Unless you don't mind dealers calling you ??

• fastback1965fastback1965 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2016
    Got an agreement on a Touring Accord in Wisconsin for $29,750. $2928 under invoice. No accessories added. Pick up tomorrow assuming no shenanigans. He tried to tell me the financing was at 2.9%, but I gently reminded him of the 0.9% deal from Honda. Total time from first contact via their website to price agreement was about an hour. He says I should be there only an hour. I hope so.

Here's to hoping it's clean tomorrow. Go Cubs!
  • brainage2brainage2 Member Posts: 24
    brainage2 said:

Thank you Brian ...will try and let everyone know how it went.
  • oyomuga123oyomuga123 Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys, I am currently looking for a 2016 Honda accord v6 coupe with the very rare 6 speed manual
    The car stickers at 32,010 with no accessories. What prices do you think I can manage to get with a dealer that is willing to work with me? Located in Westchester county in NY. Willing to travel to all the way to Maryland if need be. I went to my local dealer tarrytown honda. They said they arent negotiating the price and it will stay as is. Their excuse was the car is to rare, I said my goodbyes and immediately left.
    Thanks
    Supply and demand vehicles always favors dealers. If you put in 1 hours of leg work and email / call all dealerships your willing to travel to asking for there best price on your desired model. You will beat a NY price and make the best possible deal.

Use this guide for MD dealers below . Read a few posts up.... I listed all the good dealers in the ny /nj area

http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Maryland/Honda/

edited November 2016
    Sheesh, when you trade one in, dealers all say manuals don't sell so they lowball you on the trade. When a new manual transmission car hits the lot, all of a sudden they are rare and it's MSRP.

TMV is right at invoice - $29,132 TMV, $29,208 Invoice (including destination).

Didn't check TMV for Maryland zips, but getting some quotes will tell you how the supply/demand is down there.
    Tarrytown Honda is not a good dealer . Call Friendly, Yonkers and New Rochelle Honda all not to far from you.

• kahrloskahrlos Member Posts: 12
    kahrlos said:

Any recommendations on which Dallas / Ft Worth dealer is giving the best deal? Considering 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L and Sedan EX-L. Don't mind traveling to SA, Austin, Houston or OKC if it's worth it.

Bump
    You might ask over in the CR-V discussion for good Dallas/Texas Honda dealers too.

Sounds like the best prices are in Dallas though.
    Well, I got my red Touring Accord tonight. $29750. It's gorgeous. Loaded. Awesome I bought it at Wilde Honda in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Salesman Zach. Negotiated the price in 10 minutes over the phone, then spent about 2 hours at the dealer. Easy to refuse the extended warranty pitch, it was presented but not too hard. $2928 under invoice. I've only seen one other buyer here get a lower price for a 2017. That was probably in California.

Can't wait to figure out how all the stuff works. Siri right from the steering wheel! Hadn't realized it would have lower body moulding! The lane tracking is fabulous, although it silently turns off. Still gotta watch the road. Need to wait until after break in to really rev it up, but drives great now.

Thanks for all your help here, it made everything better!

And the Cubs won! A good week.
    Congrats! (on the car and the Cubbies)
  • junezi749junezi749 Member Posts: 8

Well, I got my red Touring Accord tonight. $29750. It's gorgeous. Loaded. Awesome I bought it at Wilde Honda in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Salesman Zach. Negotiated the price in 10 minutes over the phone, then spent about 2 hours at the dealer. Easy to refuse the extended warranty pitch, it was presented but not too hard. $2928 under invoice. I've only seen one other buyer here get a lower price for a 2017. That was probably in California.

Can't wait to figure out how all the stuff works. Siri right from the steering wheel! Hadn't realized it would have lower body moulding! The lane tracking is fabulous, although it silently turns off. Still gotta watch the road. Need to wait until after break in to really rev it up, but drives great now.

Thanks for all your help here, it made everything better!

And the Cubs won! A good week.

Hi, just curious, the MSRP of Accord Touring is $35,665. How could you make it drop almost $6K? Thank you.
    edited November 2016
    Some of it I can explain, and some of it I can't. Supposedly their cost is (Invoice - 2% holdback ($713) - incentives (most likely $1000)). That still is only about $1700 under invoice. I'm not sure how they can drop it another $1200. Some of it might be from money they make on financing. And perhaps they get some other money for a large number of sales.

All I know is I told them I wanted a price near $3000 under invoice and they agreed. I can only assume they are staying in business with that price. I have seen others here report similar numbers if they were aggressive. I had a second dealer quote me about the same price, so you can find deals if you look.

I didn't follow the advice here exactly (email 15-20 dealers with your really low offer and see if any agree). I had an offer from a dealer but they didn't have the color I wanted. They said they could get one from another dealer. I just cut out the dealer trading and found a dealer who had the right color, and made them an offer near what I'd already gotten from the first dealer. They agreed.
    All vehicles should be negotiated from the dealers Invoice price and down. You never start at the MSRP which is a inflated suggested price .

@fastback1965 .... A 10 min phone call and you bought a vehicle. Great job. I have bought hundreds of vehicles in 10 min or less over the years. That why I always preach call those Int/ mgrs. Not everyone can buy like this but its effective and cuts out all the games and dealer nonsense. Lane watch is terrible for city driving I shut mine off as soon as I bought my Accord ....................Good Luck

• raks3011raks3011 Member Posts: 12
    Hi

I am looking for Honda Accord hybrid EX-L. I am in Long Island. What should be good price. I can go to nj too if I get good price.

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?
  • adeelzqadeelzq Member Posts: 9
    Hi people,

i just negotiated a price on 2017 Honda Accord 4-Door AT. Its metallic grey.
    $ 25,970.00 OTD incl TTL.

I am in the Houston TX area. is this a good deal or should i negotiated more?
  • adeelzqadeelzq Member Posts: 9
    raks3011 said:

Hi

I am looking for Honda Accord hybrid EX-L. I am in Long Island. What should be good price. I can go to nj too if I get good price.

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?

No i think you can do better on that. keep negotiating.
    adeelzq said:

raks3011 said:

Hi

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?

No i think you can do better on that. keep negotiating.
    Thanks. What should be the price then? It is Honda accord Hybrid EX-L. Is there any chances for good deal on black friday, is there incentives available?
    edited November 2016
    raks3011 said:

Hi

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?

Looks like we missed you the other day @raks3011 - apologies!

Invoice is $27,913 and TMV is right there at $27,955.

I think @adeelzq is right, you may be able to do a bit better since TMV is an average, so you'd want to aim for less than invoice for the selling price.

That said, your prices aren't as aggressive as DC. But there sure looks like plenty of EX-L inventory around (well over 200 for a Jamaica zip - go Mets).

We are showing low APR for incentives, don't see any cash (there may be some Honda to dealer cash though).

Good idea about Black Friday, should be some sales around. May want to get a few more quotes by email if you haven't gathered a half dozen or more already.

Good luck!
    adeelzq said:

Hi people,

i just negotiated a price on 2017 Honda Accord 4-Door AT. Its metallic grey.
    $ 25,970.00 OTD incl TTL.

I am in the Houston TX area. is this a good deal or should i negotiated more?

Hi neighbor, we've been seeing better prices in Houston lately (Dallas dealers used to be more aggressive). Hard to say how your numbers compare to TMV though since we don't know your taxes and fees or if you got an LX or EX, etc.
    stever said:

raks3011 said:

Hi

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?

I think @adeelzq is right, you may be able to do a bit better since TMV is an average, so you'd want to aim for less than invoice for the selling price.

That said, your prices aren't as aggressive as DC. But there sure looks like plenty of EX-L inventory around (well over 200 for a Jamaica zip - go Mets).

We are showing low APR for incentives, don't see any cash (there may be some Honda to dealer cash though).

Good idea about Black Friday, should be some sales around. May want to get a few more quotes by email if you haven't gathered a half dozen or more already.

Good luck!

Thanks stever, I did not see 27913 invoice price for hybrid accord. Everywhere it shows around 29000.
    Hm, see what you mean. Looks like we have a glitch - checking with the back end folks. Sorry. :'(
    Ah, all my fault, kept clicking the wrong selection and getting the Hybrid but not the EX-L.

TMV and invoice are still close -- invoice with destination is $30,923 and TMV is within $20 of invoice for a 11433 zip. For a Bridgewater zip, the numbers are the same.

So your $28,600 quote is about $2,300 below invoice.

I think that's good for a 2017, and am a bit surprised. We see $2,000 down in DC pretty regularly (and think $1,500 off invoice is good) but it's a bit surprising for your region.
    raks3011 said:

stever said:

raks3011 said:

Hi

I got 30000 + ttl in ny.
    28600+ ttl in nj.

Is it a good price?

Good luck!

Thanks stever, I did not see 27913 invoice price for hybrid accord. Everywhere it shows around 29000.
    stever said:

Ah, all my fault, kept clicking the wrong selection and getting the Hybrid but not the EX-L.

TMV and invoice are still close -- invoice with destination is $30,923 and TMV is within $20 of invoice for a 11433 zip. For a Bridgewater zip, the numbers are the same.

So your $28,600 quote is about $2,300 below invoice.

I think that's good for a 2017, and am a bit surprised. We see $2,000 down in DC pretty regularly (and think $1,500 off invoice is good) but it's a bit surprising for your region.

Thanks @stever , I am planning to ask them for 27800. Not sure if it is too much to ask but giving a try.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    stever said:

they are not coming down below that price which is 28273 including detination, so they are charging me following

Price 27500
    Destination 835
    Documentation Fee 399
    TAX + Title

Alloy Wheel lock/ 3M door edge film/Safe Vue- 199 (He said it is $599 )

Is it good, I am planning to lock this deal.

Looks good to me overall. 3M stuff isn't cheap although it's usually the hood stuff and fender edges that run $300+. Your doc fee is a bit high, as usual, but looking at everything together, good deal.
  • zeppy68zeppy68 Member Posts: 28
    I'm back in the market which is taking me for ever on a decsion. I'm looking at the honda se sport accord but havent seen to many pricess. how much under invoice should i shoot for
    I'm in jersey but will travel to maryland
  • optimizeroptimizer Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016
    Hello,

Looking at a 2017 Accord EX-L V6. 43610 is zip code.

How much under, if any, invoice should I start negotiating at? There are six honda dealers within an hour or less drive from me.

Thanks,

zepp@y68 said:

I'm back in the market which is taking me for ever on a decsion. I'm looking at the honda se sport accord but havent seen to many pricess. how much under invoice should i shoot for

Bet I have you beat - we've been shopping for a few years now. :)

TMV for the Sport Special Edition, automatic, is within $100 of invoice for a NJ zip. Invoice with destination is $24,821.

I think I'd shoot for @raks3011's numbers and come up to $1,000 under invoice if you have to. Getting some quotes in your area and down in MD will tell you how much room you have to work with. Not sure you can get close to $2,000 under on the Sport, but who knows.
    optimizer said:

Hello,

Looking at a 2017 Accord EX-L V6. 43610 is zip code.

How much under, if any, invoice should I start negotiating at? There are six honda dealers within an hour or less drive from me.

Thanks,

Hm, same advice I think. $1,000 or more under invoice. Seems early in the model year to get really good prices but some dealers (one at least) is being aggressive. Chicago is usually okay but you'll likely pay a bit more being a few hours away.

Instead of starting negotiations with a number, I'd get quotes from those six dealers and then work with the two or three most responsive ones.
  • vwdieselvwdiesel Member Posts: 46
    I'm in the middle of getting quotes for the 2017 Accord EX-L V6 and at $1625 below invoice so far at 48302 zip code.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    One curious observation.

Everyone knows the obnoxious document fees are fake. Everyone knows those fake fees are simply a ploy by dealers to increase profit, make advertisements appear more enticing, and increase foot traffic at the dealership. Everyone with any knowledge knows the cost to a dealer to prepare any documents is minimal (nothing close to $100 or more) and no different than any other operating costs.

What is curious is why the Edmunds' moderators seem to condone these fake fees when they respond to price inquiries from readers. As a consumer site, it would seem appropriate for Edmunds to take the lead in fighting these fake fees.
    edited November 2016
    I don't know @ken117 - we mention high doc fees now and then but I guess the focus is on the selling price from my standpoint. Most people seem to be negotiating on the out the door price in here, which often makes it hard to figure out the selling price in their deal, but it's usually easier and faster to do OTD negotiating than haggling over every line item.

If you get the selling price right, the taxes are what they are, so a buyer should be able to decide at that point if their OTD offer is padded too much.

Have you seen the links to Earl Steward Toyota around here? That dealer knows the score. However he's a one-price store and while that's often less hassle, you often wind up paying more than you would at a dealer with low selling prices and high fees.

Here's a good thread about that very subject just this morning.

Not sure what the answer is other than to educate yourselves about the dealer games. And when you only buy a car every three to five years, how do you keep up with the games?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    @ken117 - I know that some states cap the amount dealers can add as dealer fees - $80 in CA, $75 in NY and $250 in OH, for example.

Perhaps you should work with your state legislators to enact similar limits where you live.

Here in Denver, there are a handful of dealerships that proudly advertise "no dealer fees" (regularly $400-600). But, as @stever mentioned, these too are one price stores, so in the end, it works out the same.

As long as you know they exist, we advocate trying to negotiate a better selling price to mitigate the fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

stever most of them are giving me the internet price shouldnt I be able to negiotate lower.

Joe
    The price they gave me for the se accord was 23 820 and includes destiantion. 399 doc fee 7 percent sales tax nj.

JOe
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    ken117 said:

One curious observation.

Everyone knows the obnoxious document fees are fake. Everyone knows those fake fees are simply a ploy by dealers to increase profit, make advertisements appear more enticing, and increase foot traffic at the dealership. Everyone with any knowledge knows the cost to a dealer to prepare any documents is minimal (nothing close to $100 or more) and no different than any other operating costs.

What is curious is why the Edmunds' moderators seem to condone these fake fees when they respond to price inquiries from readers. As a consumer site, it would seem appropriate for Edmunds to take the lead in fighting these fake fees.

I've been here a long time - I don't recall a moderator "condoning" a dealer fee. They just provide the info to those that ask and sometimes offer an explanation as part of the education process.

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • sample123sample123 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for a 2017 Accord Sedan LX CVT with Honda Sense in Southern California area.
    Reached out to most LA/OC dealers by email and the best offer was 23,608. I think (but I might be wrong) this equates to about 1800 under invoice. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated and thank for all the info you guys have provided in this forum!

Sam
  • sample123sample123 Member Posts: 6
    the 23,608 was the OTD price.
    raks3011 said:

stever said:

they are not coming down below that price which is 28273 including detination, so they are charging me following

Price 27500
    Destination 835
    Documentation Fee 399
    TAX + Title

Alloy Wheel lock/ 3M door edge film/Safe Vue- 199 (He said it is $599 )

Is it good, I am planning to lock this deal.

This is what I finally got in NY

Price 27800
    Destination 835
    TAX + Title

Thanks for your help.
  • inuyainuya Member Posts: 6
    junezi749 said:

stever said:

junezi749 said:

I am trying to get the EX-L (the sensing/Navi is optional). The dealer gave me a price $24,988 plus tax and license. Is it a good deal or not?Bay area

Thank you

Hi @junezi749, invoice is $27,107 and the True Market Value average price paid for a 94102 SF zip is a couple of hundred less at $26,908.

So your ~$25k quote is a bit better than $2,000 below invoice.

Good deal (unless you meant to post in the 2016 discussion :) )
    Haha~~ Thanks ~ the salesman didn't give me a breakdown. He seems pretty insist on this price and said it is a good deal. I am trying to make it down to around $25000 or less OTD, or $26000 with Sensing/Navigation. Is it gonna happen now or do I have to wait for a couple of months?
    Hi Junezi749
    Could you let me know which Honda dealer in the bay area you are dealing with?

Thank you,