Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• inuyainuya Member Posts: 6
    junezi749 said:

I am trying to get the EX-L (the sensing/Navi is optional). The dealer gave me a price $24,988 plus tax and license. Is it a good deal or not?Bay area

Thank you

Hi Junezi749
    Could you let me know which Honda dealer in the bay area you are dealing with? I am going to purchase the exact same model that you mentioned here. I am also in bay area.

Thank you,
  • kkgordofsukkgordofsu Member Posts: 2
    Please help! ZIP is 32352. For affordable payments, I'm trying to lease a 2017 Accord EX-L sedan by trading a leased 2015 Civic EX-L w/Nav, mileage is 18,970 but trade payoff is $17,532.90 and only $16,000.00 trade allowance . This puts me upside down in trade. The dealer is using the difference ($1,532.90) by dropping price from $29,655.00 to $25,776.14 - savings $3,878.86.

If I'm looking at it correctly, I'm being offered $29,632.60 as TMV? See breakdown:

$28,122.10
    316.50 govt fee
    599.00 proc/doc fee
    595.00 acq fee

Am I looking at this correctly or am I totally confused?

Thanks!
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2016

Please help! ZIP is 32352. For affordable payments, I'm trying to lease a 2017 Accord EX-L sedan by trading a leased 2015 Civic EX-L w/Nav, mileage is 18,970 but trade payoff is $17,532.90 and only $16,000.00 trade allowance . This puts me upside down in trade. The dealer is using the difference ($1,532.90) by dropping price from $29,655.00 to $25,776.14 - savings $3,878.86.

If I'm looking at it correctly, I'm being offered $29,632.60 as TMV? See breakdown:

$28,122.10
    316.50 govt fee
    599.00 proc/doc fee
    595.00 acq fee

Am I looking at this correctly or am I totally confused?

Thanks!

Let me help you understand pricing. Forget about Edmunds TMV price it cant help you.

Lets breakdown your deal that will give you a better understanding of a Yes or No on this deal.

Dealers Invoice price for a 2017 EXL model with destination =............ $27,196

Dealer offered you a price of $25,776 which is $1420 below a 2017 EXL models invoice.

I look at this deal from a dollar and cents prospectus. Your decision to buy is your choice.

Your deal gets you into a new leased 17 Accord for $1420 below dealers invoice. Now subtract the dealers $600 doc fee charge and your deal is only $820 below dealers invoice.

My suggestion to you is negotiate thru this month waiting till Nov, 29 and 30th and tell all your Targeted dealers A sale price of $25,000 excluding lease fee's with the exchange of your Civic makes this deal happen .

Do not budge on this price unless on the 30th no dealer will agree. Or your willing to buy at that price .

$600 to 1000 dollars more off your deal is being left on the table if you don't try to negotiate a lower price

Good luck in your decision

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

The 25k price to buy will have to include the destination fee charge of $835

• destinycakesdestinycakes Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I"m trying to determine where to start negotiating on a 12,000 mile per year, 36 month lease for a 2017 Honda Accord EX in Ohio. Could anyone give me an idea of any incentives available for leasing this vehicle and a good starting place for negotiation? Thanks!
    edited November 2016

Hi, I"m trying to determine where to start negotiating on a 12,000 mile per year, 36 month lease for a 2017 Honda Accord EX in Ohio. Could anyone give me an idea of any incentives available for leasing this vehicle and a good starting place for negotiation? Thanks!

No customer incentives are avail. on the 17 EX Accord . Dealerships are getting a 1k incentive from Honda to use as they see fit . If leasing you may be entitled to another $500 lease cash in your area. Check in the Honda leasing forum?

A leased Accord EX model in OHIO with a $250 dealer doc fee??? I not sure where pricing is in OH. I have not been follow pricing in that region.................. Think I'm slipping here.

Maybe @stever helped someone in the Oh, area with pricing.

My best guess is your area is at $1000 to $1800 below invoice price after paying the $250 doc fee. . Here is what you need to do since I don't have a good solid feel for pricing in your area . Go online and target as many dealerships as far as your willing to travel 10 /15 etc. Email all asking for there best price on your desired EX , model and color

Here is a simply quick email to shoot to all dealerships internet dept / mgrs. This will give you a idea on area pricing.

I'm looking to lease a white 17 ex, Accord 3yr, 36k miles. my credit score is xxx.. Can you please give me your best price on this vehicle. A lot of dealerships web sites will let you make a offer on a specific car they have at the dealership if so..... take the invoice price $25,108 and ask each dealer will you sell me this Accord for 2k below invoice . see what response's you get???

Invoice price On the EX= $24,273 +838 destination fee = $25,108. make sure all prices you receive dealer has applied the dest / charge 835 to the deal .

Once you field some pricing post back in here I could help you nail down the best deal.

Good luck

stever is sleeping late today . Some of these forums are working him over. He may have finger gout.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    Got company and am in the middle a three day class so I'm way behind.... :'(
    edited November 2016

Try this discussion for leasing @destinycakes. Here's our incentives page.

(You too @kkgordofsu).
    @vwdiesel, still collecting quotes or are you negotiating now?
    edited November 2016
    Stever curious whats Edmunds TMV price in OH is ?????. No rush , when you get a chance post it for me I have nothing on that area in @brian125 black book . Pretty sure my $1200 to 1800 below invoice is going rate for most educated price buyers.???/.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    brian125 said:

Stever curious whats Edmunds TMV price in OH is ?????. No rush , when you get a chance post it for me I have nothing on that area in @brian125 black book . Pretty sure my $1200 to 1800 below invoice is going rate for most educated price buyers.???/.

You know, you can just click on the buttons to build the car and get the TMV price? Just enter an Ohio zip code. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2016
    zeppy68 said:

The price they gave me for the se accord was 23 820 and includes destiantion. 399 doc fee 7 percent sales tax nj.

JOe

Joe, looks like you are $1,000 under invoice. You may be doing as good as you can at this point in the model year for your area - the place to beat down next, if you have the energy, is the infamous doc fee. Try adding in the tax and $50 to get an OTD number and counter with that.

Or just pay the piper and start enjoying fall color drives. :)
    edited November 2016
    sample123 said:

Looking for a 2017 Accord Sedan LX CVT with Honda Sense in Southern California area.
    Reached out to most LA/OC dealers by email and the best offer was 23,608. I think (but I might be wrong) this equates to about 1800 under invoice. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated and thank for all the info you guys have provided in this forum!

Sam

Hey Sam, invoice is $22,942 and TMV is about $250 less for the most well known LA zip.

Back out your ~10% taxes to get the selling price and yeah, I think you'll find you're well below invoice. Sounds good from here.
    Congrats @raks3011!
    For anyone we missed, please repost or send me a message by clicking on my name.
    edited November 2016
    kyfdx said:

brian125 said:

You know, you can just click on the buttons to build the car and get the TMV price? Just enter an Ohio zip code. ;)
    Had to take a peek at this price. I'm not a fan of this service

TMV price promise in OH ............ zip 43001 is $368 below invoice. on a EX Accord. dealers are receiving up to 1500 in cash incentives.

• sample123sample123 Member Posts: 6
    stever said:

sample123 said:

Looking for a 2017 Accord Sedan LX CVT with Honda Sense in Southern California area.
    Reached out to most LA/OC dealers by email and the best offer was 23,608. I think (but I might be wrong) this equates to about 1800 under invoice. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated and thank for all the info you guys have provided in this forum!

Sam

Hey Sam, invoice is $22,942 and TMV is about $250 less for the most well known LA zip.

Back out your ~10% taxes to get the selling price and yeah, I think you'll find you're well below invoice. Sounds good from here.
    Thanks alot Stever!!! Appreciate your expert knowledge and help!
    edited November 2016
    @kyfdx

If I was to print out above Edmunds TMV pricing report and bring it to that Ohio dealer buying a EX Accord for the printed price ................... Does Edmunds get a kick back.??

• accorddeuxaccorddeux Member Posts: 2
    2017 Honda Accord EX CVT Houston Texas 77546 No Options Added in the prices below
    (2) Quotes so far
    22,958 Sell Price + 835 Dest
    22,537 Sell Price + 835 Dest
    What are you guys seeing?
    brian125 said:

@kyfdx

If I was to print out above Edmunds TMV pricing report and bring it to that Ohio dealer buying a EX Accord for the printed price ................... Does Edmunds get a kick back.??

No but dealers who participate in our Price Promise program have to pay to play (we offer various programs to dealers through our Dealer Center).

2017 Honda Accord EX CVT Houston Texas 77546 No Options Added in the prices below
    (2) Quotes so far
    22,958 Sell Price + 835 Dest
    22,537 Sell Price + 835 Dest
    What are you guys seeing?

Hi @accorddeux. Invoice is $25,108 and TMV is about $150 under invoice. Those numbers include the destination charge.

So your $23,793 and $23,372 quotes are both good for Houston.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    brian125 said:

@kyfdx

Keep in mind. TMV is an average price paid.

The average buyer isn't on Edmunds.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2016
    @kyfdx

Can you answer

How may average buyers are considered before Edmunds comes to there price. ?

Where does Edmunds get there average Joe paid sale pricing info from? Outside source or The dealerships that are paying Edmunds fee to be listed on a price promise certificate?..............Tks

I posted above to Edmunds it can be deleted

edited November 2016
    "Where does Edmunds get its pricing data from?

Data is downloaded weekly from the Dealer Management Systems (DMS) of 5,000 dealerships and dealer groups across the country. Edmunds receives data from roughly 25% of all the US dealerships."

More at this link.

fwiw, we were doing TMV long before we cranked up Price Promise.
    I remember June of 2013 it started

• amgpow247amgpow247 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    What's the invoice price for 2017 accord sports SE with CVT? Zip 58201.
    I am trying to work on a lease deal but two dealers in the states are not being very transparency with the incentives. They offer $24600ish as sales price (includes tag/ fees/ etc) but I have seen others receiving much better deal. Any thoughts? Thanks in adv
    edited November 2016
    Invoice with the $835 destination is $24,821. TMV is coming in about $300 under that for your zip.

You may want to continue in your other thread where the focus is on leasing.
  • matt6565matt6565 Member Posts: 6
    19.9 for 2017 Accord LX (no sensing). They added wheel locks and 1 year of maintenance. Paid 21.9 for everything. Bought mid October at Long Island, NY dealer. Not sure if price could have went down a little more. How did I do?
    Excellent deal in NY . What dealership earned your business. Any others you want to recommend ??

matt6565

What are you thoughts on these 3 dealerships in LI .. Coast , Atlantic, Huntington if negotiated with them ?

• matt6565matt6565 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2016
    I spoke with Huntington, Smithtown and Honda city. In the end, Huntington had the best offer and that sealed the deal. However, Smithtown could have matched it or beaten it if I haggled a bit more. 
    Honda city said the least they could go was high 20s.... but then called after I purchased from Huntington, saying they should have beat them.... I don't recommend anyone go here. Too untrustworthy.

Smithtown and Huntington would be best bet in my experience. Can't comment on any others.
    Yep agree with what your saying . I know all 3 dealerships. Smithtown is a hike for most buyers so I usually only recommend that to LI buyers

• selena2selena2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone!

2017 Honda Accord EX - Gray
    NC
    $25000 Out the Door

****selling price $24200
    ****TTL/Fees $800

Good Deal?
  • joehonda7joehonda7 Member Posts: 16
    selena2 said:
    Hello everyone! 2017 Honda Accord EX - Gray NC $25000 Out the Door ****selling price $24200 ****TTL/Fees $800 Good Deal?
    I don't think so.  For a few hundred dollars more you can get an EX-L
  • dngelo1dngelo1 Member Posts: 24
    Hi all. Thanks stever and brian125 for the tips. Please see my quotes from the dealers below(email quotes) and let me know your thoughts:

Zipcode: 30084(Atlanta area)
    2017 EX-L, Silver
    CVT SEDAN(no Navi or Sensing)
    MSRP=$29,655
    Invoice=$27,392
    Price before Tax/Title/Fees=$24,597

If i had to take a guess, i think my OTD will be around $27,300. I'm asking the dealer to provide more breakout of costs and OTD costs. With that said, does this sound good so far or do i have more wiggle room?
    dngelo1

Your wiggle room is this dealers Doc fee charge? If you hold out till the last days off this month you May be able to take back some if not all depending on dealers monthly sales numbers this month. If you buy vehicle as is its a Excellent deal.

If dealer refuses to go lower tell them 3 free oil changes / splash guards , or all season mats , trunk mat etc gets your business on that day. don't ask for all. Maybe 2 items are doable ?

EXL, Cvt model Accord Invoice /w dest charge = $27,196. Find out why there is a $196 price discrepancy over posted dealers invoice price? There might be a added option ?

Using your numbers this deal is $2795 below invoice. What ever the dealers doc fee charge is $499/ 599 subtract it off the below # and that is what your deal is .

Post dealership you bought from after sale.

Good Luck

• joehonda7joehonda7 Member Posts: 16
    Should the doc fee always be removed from the price of the car?  Or should a high doc fee ($600ish) be negotiated to about $150?
    Dealers doc fee charge should be incorporated into your asking / buying price before making your deal.. Thus making it a wash on the Bill of sale.

Buyers that ask dealers for a quote or best price may need to negotiate a quoted or best price down some to compensate high doc's.

When I call any dealer question I ask are Doc fee charge? vehicles production date ? How many x models / colors I want are available on your lot, dealer info, email #'s , Internet managers name and info, etc.

Things I always tell dealers. I'm buying today, Pre approved , paying cash, Credit card in hand, will finance thru you if it nets me a better deal, keep your dealers decal off the back of my vehicle..... etc etc.

I'm a real joy to deal with :worried:

brian125 said:

dngelo1

Your wiggle room is this dealers Doc fee charge? If you hold out till the last days off this month you May be able to take back some if not all depending on dealers monthly sales numbers this month. If you buy vehicle as is its a Excellent deal.

If dealer refuses to go lower tell them 3 free oil changes / splash guards , or all season mats , trunk mat etc gets your business on that day. don't ask for all. Maybe 2 items are doable ?

EXL, Cvt model Accord Invoice /w dest charge = $27,196. Find out why there is a $196 price discrepancy over posted dealers invoice price? There might be a added option ?

Using your numbers this deal is $2795 below invoice. What ever the dealers doc fee charge is $499/ 599 subtract it off the below # and that is what your deal is .

Post dealership you bought from after sale.

Good Luck

Awesome. Thanks Brian for the suggestions. Will update if the deal happens
    edited November 2016
    Brian/Steve,
    An updated quote from a different Dealer below(near Mall of GA):

2017 EX-L CVT Sedan(Modern Steel Metallic?)
    MSRP=$29,655
    Invoice=Not sure.. but judging by your comments it should be approximately $27,196?
    Sale Price=$24,800
    Includes:splash guards, wheel locks, nitrogen, paint sealant, trunk tray, full tank of gas(lol what?), 1st oil change. None of this really matters to me so if it impacts any reductions I have no problem going back to them to do so.
    Processing fee= $699(i take it this is the Doc fee you've mentioned? Is this where i ask them to reduce or eliminate?)
    GA TAVT tax= $1,932(i'm guessing this can change depending on the processing/doc fee?)
    GA Title/tag/lemon law/eFiling=$90
    OTD Cost= $27,521

Let me know your thoughts and if there are any line items i should work on haggling. Thanks again!
    edited November 2016
    @dngelo1, we show invoice with destination to be $27,197. @brian125 always uses some site that's a dollar off, LOL.

So the sales price is $2,400 below invoice. Sounds like another good quote to me. TMV for Buford is $1,000 below invoice.

Yeah, the processing fee is about $650 too high but that's where the dealer's profit is.
    Thanks Steve!
    stever said:

@dngelo1, we show invoice with destination to be $27,197. @brian125 always uses some site that's a dollar off, LOL.

So the sales price is $2,400 below invoice. Sounds like another good quote to me. TMV for Buford is $1,000 below invoice.

Yeah, the processing fee is about $650 too high but that's where the dealer's profit is.

• rclerk101rclerk101 Member Posts: 8
    Is there a better way to deal with dealers, had few offers, dealers say that they would have the car ready for me to pick up, but then when I come in they suddenly sold out on everything, change the prices, etc. I feel I’ve been lied and scammed, if there any way, I can just come in and buy the car without such ordeals.
    If there anyway to “Guaranteed” the offer they have provided over the email or the phones? So they can’t add up any at the dealership?
    Any advice and tips will be greatly appreciate. Thanks so much!!
    Ask them to deliver the car to your home or office -- maybe that'll do the trick.
    Another question for Stever and Brian. I was reading up on my state's Auto Advertising and Sales Practices Enforcement Policies, and wanted to get clarity on the following provision:
    Advertised prices must state the actual total purchase price of the vehicle, excluding only
    government fees, which include tax, tag, title and Georgia Lemon Law fees. All additional fees
    must be included in the advertised price. Any advertisement which lists a price "plus" some
    additional amount will be considered to be deceptive.

So my question is, is the "Advertised Price" the sale price(MSRP minus Discounts) or the OTD price? Thanks!
    edited November 2016
    Since the language specifically that taxes, etc. may be included, those ads would not be the OTD price. Kind of tricky language. Sounds like pro packs or nitrogen or the other junk fees would have to be disclosed in the ad to get to the "actual" total purchase price.

So the ad price plus TTL and the lemon law fee should equal the OTD price.

Wouldn't hurt to email the enforcement division and ask them what they really mean with their confusing language. :)
    Thanks Stever!