Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Incentives to buy another VW after TDi buyback

jocabo33jocabo33 Member Posts: 43
edited November 2016 in Volkswagen
Anyone know of any incentives that VW may offer to keep customers from jumping ship to another manufacturer?

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    edited November 2016
    Nothing has been announced just yet. However, VW must be careful how these are marketed because by the terms of the settlement, I believe, they are not allowed to offer incentives one way or another that would impact an owners decision to accept a buyback vs. a fix for their vehicles.

I do expect however, that VW will be offering sweeping incentives to any TDI owner once buybacks start in earnest.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    From another VW TDi owner:

Right NOW , there are no SPECIFIC TDI NEW car VW incentives. What I have experienced since 2002, are specific, & short term & rotating incentives.

What I would do is call whatever VW dealer/s that you want/like/will deal with & ask them to call you when incentives hit them/each etc. They might surprise you with even more incentives! All the best!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• EstraumvitzEstraumvitz Member Posts: 1
    They are offering $1000
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985

They are offering $1000

Who is "they"?

Local dealer or VW Corporate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4