Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for October 2016 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2016 in Tesla
imageMonthly Update for October 2016 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Service and more strangeness from the Edmunds long-term Tesla Model X.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sneddrensneddren Member Posts: 14
    9 days out of service???? Imagine how bad Tesla service will be if they ever get the vaporware Model 3 into production.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Did they give you a loaner while the X was out of service? Why not share details of the communications between you and Tesla service? We've received blow-by-blow on the Chrysler Pacifica key fob debacle.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    That's a lot of problems for a car in this price range. I guess people expect some problems with a supercar but the Model X is supposed to be the electric car the family can use for all the usual family-type stuff. This is not the category where buyers accept things getting stuck or falling off all the time. Along these lines I'd like to see some more posts about the utility of this thing. How does it do hauling people and stuff and around?
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    This is what concerns me about the Model 3. Tesla can not afford to do this under warranty for every person that buys a/the $30k vehicle. They'll go out of business and wait times for repair will be a month long. They will have to be able to get things simple and reliable and through the warranty period without having to tear apart your entire dashboard and such.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    25% of your complaints were declared "normal". Do you agree with that?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited November 2016
    gslippy said:

Did they give you a loaner while the X was out of service? Why not share details of the communications between you and Tesla service? We've received blow-by-blow on the Chrysler Pacifica key fob debacle.

Because the days of frequent and detailed updates on LT vehicles are gone, along with most of the informational and entertainment value of this site.
  • mypathy2001mypathy2001 Member Posts: 18

Because the days of frequent and detailed updates on LT vehicles are gone, along with most of the informational and entertainment value of this site.

Completely agree. I have always enjoyed the long term reviews of living with these vehicles and quirks of the real-world use they get out of them. Versus the comparison of a reviewer only trying it out for a few hours. Living with a vehicle is different than a test drive any day.

I regular this site as well and it amazes me how the Long Term reviews have completely changed this year. It went from normal updates which seemed to occur at a regular pace to a fair distribution between all of the vehicles to just focusing on a select 3-4 (Civic, Miata, Optima, Prius) while others seemed largely ignored. Some vehicles weren't updated for MONTHS. Good to know that they sold the Charger. Fast forward to Summer, early Fall, and for the past two months it seems there was little updates to any of the vehicles in their fleet.

The latest update to the Mirai really surprised me, purchased middle of April done in early November. 7ish months = long term? How is that long term?

Yet, they bring in the Escape to review when the Titan XD, BMW 3 series and others are barely reported. Looks like the Pacifica is already went from 3 posts on keys (!!!!) to a delayed monthly update.

Looks like this is the change that was mentioned in the last post of the Yugo GVL of how they were revamping long term reviews. Looks like it's headed for monthly updates. Wow. Just wow.