Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Oh those are probably the ones from China. Really obnoxious. I think this is some kind of Harley Cadet School to teach kids to make their exhaust note as painfully loud as possible.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    edited November 2016
    Another renovation update: original disappearing contractor wrote me an email saying he understood why I cancelled, he was was having some "issues" (no specifics provided) that kept him from giving me his full (or any) attention for the last 2 months, no hard feelings, etc. So that was nice I guess.

So feeling a little more clear on where this is going, I went back to a local home center that is part of a regional chain. They are big box and were here before HD and the other national operators arrived so I felt like they could use my support, plus they had a pretty good sale on a couple of things I need to buy for the first part of the downstairs bathroom project, namely vanities and toilets.

I was there yesterday and was overrun with associates asking if they could help me. Today, I was there 15 minutes and nobody even showed their face. Finally I had to go track someone down. I tell them that I wanted to buy one of the 36" vanities they had on display along with one of the toilets. There was another vanity there made by the same company that would have worked for the second part of the project (the upstairs bath) and asked if they might make me a deal on it too given the other stuff I was buying, since it did not show a sale tag.

The associate wasn't interested in even asking anyone; the price was the price, take it or leave it. That got me a bit irritated and I passed on it, but the other things were a good deal regardless so let's go with those. I needed delivery of course, and that was an extra $40. Fine. Then it got interesting. I asked her if they would take the two items downstairs to where they were going to be installed. No, they couldn't do that. Too heavy to get it up or down stairs, they claimed. Apparently all large vanities are installed at ground level. I said well, my main door is 8 steps up from ground level anyway, so they have stairs to deal with even to get into the house. That threw her for a loop, as apparently they had never dealt with a house not at grade before. Calls were made, various people spoken to, questions were asked and re-asked. At the end of all this she told me that the delivery crew would make the call when they got there as to whether they could get it up the stairs to the door, otherwise they would leave it at the curb. Uh, no. Unbelievable.

The bad karma settled in quickly thereafter so after short deliberation I canceled the entire thing. Easily over $1000 worth of product that they did not want to sell me because they kept getting in their own way. If this kind of attitude is what I'm going to be dealing with throughout I'm not sure I can survive this project.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    ab348 said:

Another renovation update: original disappearing contractor wrote me an email saying he understood why I cancelled, he was was having some "issues" (no specifics provided) that kept him from giving me his full (or any) attention for the last 2 months, no hard feelings, etc. So that was nice I guess.

So feeling a little more clear on where this is going, I went back to a local home center that is part of a regional chain. They are big box and were here before HD and the other national operators arrived so I felt like they could use my support, plus they had a pretty good sale on a couple of things I need to buy for the first part of the downstairs bathroom project, namely vanities and toilets.

I was there yesterday and was overrun with associates asking if they could help me. Today, I was there 15 minutes and nobody even showed their face. Finally I had to go track someone down. I tell them that I wanted to buy one of the 36" vanities they had on display along with one of the toilets. There was another vanity there made by the same company that would have worked for the second part of the project (the upstairs bath) and asked if they might make me a deal on it too given the other stuff I was buying, since it did not show a sale tag.

The associate wasn't interested in even asking anyone; the price was the price, take it or leave it. That got me a bit irritated and I passed on it, but the other things were a good deal regardless so let's go with those. I needed delivery of course, and that was an extra $40. Fine. Then it got interesting. I asked her if they would take the two items downstairs to where they were going to be installed. No, they couldn't do that. Too heavy to get it up or down stairs, they claimed. Apparently all large vanities are installed at ground level. I said well, my main door is 8 steps up from ground level anyway, so they have stairs to deal with even to get into the house. That threw her for a loop, as apparently they had never dealt with a house not at grade before. Calls were made, various people spoken to, questions were asked and re-asked. At the end of all this she told me that the delivery crew would make the call when they got there as to whether they could get it up the stairs to the door, otherwise they would leave it at the curb. Uh, no. Unbelievable.

The bad karma settled in quickly thereafter so after short deliberation I canceled the entire thing. Easily over $1000 worth of product that they did not want to sell me because they kept getting in their own way. If this kind of attitude is what I'm going to be dealing with throughout I'm not sure I can survive this project.

This kind of stuff is why I just wind up doing everything myself. I can't stand relying on anybody to do anything right.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    ab348 said:

ab348 said:

Truly amazing. Too bad the manager or owner of the company didn't witness the lack of understanding and help, I think they would have been appalled. As dad has said many times, "nothing comes easy." Hopefully you've experienced the worst of it and the rest will fall into place.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

I have the RadRover Electric Fatbike and LOVE it.

I looked at those. Pretty cool. Those are more mountain bikes and are heavier. Great bikes, just not what I was looking for. I was looking for a road bike.

Here's a link to the one I have....
    https://flx.bike
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    If I'm getting an electric bike, I will do it the right way:

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-fxs/

Not that I particularly want to roll those dice where I live, however.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333

I looked at those. Pretty cool. Those are more mountain bikes and are heavier. Great bikes, just not what I was looking for. I was looking for a road bike.

I agree with you - it is pretty bulky. They JUST released their road-bike version.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @graphicguy,
    A ways from you, but Cuyahoga Valley National Park has a great long trail for biking/walking.
    My wife and I stopped there on a whim on our way to my sisters in Oakwood.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Body work turned out just fine. Before and after

vba.jpg 38.9K
    @pf_flyer,
    What got replaced versus repaired?
    Fender replaced, what about the front door?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    That does look good Sneakers.

@driver100, never really heard that about insurance and flooding. My brother went to Florida for a few weeks a few years back and the county did something to the water lines that greatly increased the pressure. Blew out his frig icemaker line. By the time his daughter discovered it (within 2 days?), it had ruined the kitchen and parts of a couple of other rooms. Mold struck fast.

So, my brother got put up in a Hilton Garden Inn for over a month (his wife enjoyed not having to cook) and they wound up selling it to their builder they've known for decades, and purchased a new spec house the same guy was finishing up. The builder gutted a lot of the flooded one and fixed the floor plan the way my SIL always wanted it. But they didn't buy it back - my brother was thrilled to get rid of the acre of grass and the pool. :)

In other news, 2017 Souls have been spotted at Minnesota dealers.
  • isellhondas4isellhondas4 Guest Posts: 34
    Just checking in. All is well on this end but remain frustrated that I can't get back in here under my old handle. I do try to catch up by reading once in awhile! Hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    edited November 2016
    @isellhondas4,
    Give Fintail a weather forecast for the next few days. He is headed back to your area soon.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333

Just checking in. All is well on this end but remain frustrated that I can't get back in here under my old handle. I do try to catch up by reading once in awhile! Hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, @isellhondas4!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible

How do we know you're not some imposter? ;)

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

Happy Thanksgiving, @isellhondas4!
    Ditto isell...and everyone else !

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Come on isell, just come back. We all know who you are :)

I already know that weather forecast without even looking: rain rain rain.
    @isellhondas4,
    I know plenty of people who would be glad to leave the past behind and start all over with a new identity. :)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    driver100 said:

bwia said:

How come they don't make cars like this in America? Oh wait, it's a Buick Lacrosse. Enjoy this short three minute video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lDZmH_wtN4

Nice low key ad. Makes me wonder about a few things, such as, why do the Chinese people love Buicks so much, and do those two people ever talk to each other?

***I was curious so I looked up why Buicks are so popular in China....they are the #1 seller in the worlds largest market!

The common view of Buicks in China is different from that in the U.S. The cars are the choice of business people and government officials. Chinese executives are partial to minivans, which don't come with the kid-hauling image they have here.

General Motors, which owns the brand, has capitalized on that popularity.
    My guess is that the image of Buicks as owned by old people is a positive in Asian culture where age and wisdom are respected. In China driving an old man's car would give you as much status as driving a chickmoblie hot rod in America.

Some of you are more traveled than I. What say you?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Although China has an endlessly authoritarian (and abusive, corrupt, etc) post-revolutionary government, there is still reverence for the old days, and old royalty. IIRC, the old Chinese royal family had Buicks, Sun Yat-Sen's first automobile was a Buick, and the brand had big status there before 1949.
  • fordfoolfordfool Member Posts: 240
    ab348 said:

At the end of all this she told me that the delivery crew would make the call when they got there as to whether they could get it up the stairs to the door, otherwise they would leave it at the curb. Uh, no. Unbelievable.

This lack of service accompanies the loss of an on-site owner replaced by a salaried manager.
    ab348 said:

Appliance and furniture delivery men have a life span about the same as tree fellers. Sooner or later they get back injuries or realize that they can make the same money at McDonalds. That's why businesses are always advertizing for "independent contractors". Too many stairs and the contractors quit.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

driver100 said:

bwia said:

How come they don't make cars like this in America? Oh wait, it's a Buick Lacrosse. Enjoy this short three minute video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lDZmH_wtN4

Nice low key ad. Makes me wonder about a few things, such as, why do the Chinese people love Buicks so much, and do those two people ever talk to each other?

***I was curious so I looked up why Buicks are so popular in China....they are the #1 seller in the worlds largest market!

The common view of Buicks in China is different from that in the U.S. The cars are the choice of business people and government officials. Chinese executives are partial to minivans, which don't come with the kid-hauling image they have here.

General Motors, which owns the brand, has capitalized on that popularity.
    My guess is that the image of Buicks as owned by old people is a positive in Asian culture where age and wisdom are respected. In China driving an old man's car would give you as much status as driving a chickmoblie hot rod in America.

Some of you are more traveled than I. What say you?

Interesting theory. I don't think people in China equate Buicks with old age...the same way they do here. I do think, that not too long ago there weren't many cars in China, all the dignitaries rode around in Cadillacs and those that couldn't afford a Caddie used the next most prestigious American car at the time...Buick. So, Buick became known as the car for dignitaries....and that is what most people want.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

PF_Flyer said:

It looks fine but now it is lighter silver. Did they paint the other side to match? :p

Thanks, and we hope Isellhondas123 and 4 have a nice Thanksgiving too......some people have many personalities....Sybil had 16 different ones...you just have 4!

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    driver100 said:

So, Buick became known as the car for dignitaries....and that is what most people want.

That's why I drove Buicks for so long. LOL

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

driver100 said:

So, Buick became known as the car for dignitaries....and that is what most people want.

That's why I drove Buicks for so long. LOL

Dignitaries don't drive their own cars, so they don't need cars with superior handling and steering, otherwise they would have BMWs and the Chinese would be buying those.

That is another reason I wouldn't want to be President or Prime Minister....you would never get a chance to drive your own car :'(

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The Buick speculation is interesting. However, I remember years back in suburban Chicago that many Asians seemed to drive Buicks or Chevy's, at least in my neck of the woods. But then, Chicago was a very big GM loyal market.
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    driver100 said:

This water talk is making me equally nervous, especially since we're leaving for a week on Monday - headed to Cleveland for Thanksgiving with my in-laws.

Does everyone know most insurance policies don't cover you for water damage if you are away from home for more than 48 hours. If someone doesn't check your place every 2 days, then turn the water off at the source, and turn off the hot water heater, then you are covered....at least that is how our policy works.
    I don't know how our insurance policy works but I don't really care because I have NEVER gone away for the weekend or for a vacation without shutting off the water at the source AND bleeding off the pressure. I passed this habit onto both of my Sons and they do the same.

I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff. Another paranoid thing we do is checking to be sure that the dual shut off valve for the washing machine is off and the hose pressure is bled off before we go to bed. It is so automatic by now neither of us thinks twice about it. Just like making sure the lights are turned off and the doors are locked. I don't like the idea of the hoses being under pressure all the time and it takes no time to make sure it isn't.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

OK.....trying for a bit of levity. ;)

It's an electric bike, if that wasn't obvious. It has a 45 mile range (more if you pedal to help the motor). It has a speed limit of 25 MPH, but can go as high as 45 MPH once you turn off the limiter. 25 MPH is the legal limit of speed for a bicycle. But, if you are on private property, you can remove the limiter (done with a simple reprogram of the controler on the handle bars).

Yes, I do have a helmet.

Remember the thrill you got when you rode your bike as fast as you could down a steep hill? It's that sensation, just all the time and on any sort of road.

I do believe that the limit for an electric bike is 20 MPH, anything faster and it becomes a motorized bike and require registration, insurance and a license to operate.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Buick "has no past" in China. They don't know anything about the malaise years, the "old man" image---none of that. To them, Buick was just born maybe 10-15 years ago.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I think age is irrelevant in China as Buick has no such associations for them. 
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    PF_Flyer said:

Looks good but why did they remove the rear door handle? :o

I don't see a deer whistle either.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    But even in the old days some of the Asians living in the US traveled back to China, and if they owned Buick's in the States - might have contributed to its rather fast adaptation? Pan Am made a nice profit over the Pacific. I feel that it was Europe that pushed them under.

@graphicguy: I used to have an electric bike but gave it up because I missed the exercise (it was too heavy to pedal for any distance anyway). How does this bike work just as a bicycle without power assist?

Mr Shiftright.....it's not a racer, so there aren't any exotic metals used....mostly aluminum. The battery is the heaviest component (Panasonic Lithium). But, the motor is seated in the pedal hub (vs at the rear wheel) so the center of gravity is much better and it feels closer to a regular bike as a result.

It's probably a little heavier than some of the more well known tourers....not as light as racing bikes. It has 9 gears, which helps when you aren't using the motor. I know most of the other electric bikes I've seen don't have the same gear range as mine (nor, as many gears).

You could order all sorts of exits shock absorbers, bigger/heavier tires (mine are low rolling resistance) and things like fenders, etc. That all adds weight. I don't have any of that.

I was used to the brakes on my Trek, which amounted to little more than rubber "pads" rubbing against the wheel rims. The FLX has hydraulic disks, which is impressive for a bike.

There are several levels of assist ranging from none, to light assist on up to total electric motor use.

So far, so good. I've not had any problems pedaling without the motor. Then again, I haven't attacked a big hill without using the motor, either.

Not sure if that helps, but that's all I've got so far.
    That's the one big complaint I hear about electric bikes, the battery, motor and other components add a lot of weight to a bike. The added weight tends to make it harder to pedal especially up hill.

ab348 said:

Around here some cycling nuts enthusiasts have made a cottage industry out of motorizing regular bicycles. They take a small IC engine, I assume like you might find on a leaf blower or chain saw, and somehow get it to drive the rear wheel along with providing throttle controls, etc. One of these zips past my house twice a day - you can hear him coming from some distance. He gets up to a very good speed, I'd guess 20-25mph. Doesn't look real safe to me, but then again neither does a regular bicycle, so who knows.

You can get IC engines specifically for bicycles, they actually have conversion kits you can get for $150 or less. Typically the engine size is 80cc's or less (I have seen under 50cc's). There are size and power restrictions that if exceeded would require registration and a license to operate however I don't remember what they are.

jmonroe said:

I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff. Another paranoid thing we do is checking to be sure that the dual shut off valve for the washing machine is off and the hose pressure is bled off before we go to bed. It is so automatic by now neither of us thinks twice about it. Just like making sure the lights are turned off and the doors are locked. I don't like the idea of the hoses being under pressure all the time and it takes no time to make sure it isn't.

How do you bleed off the hose pressure?

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Speaking of Buick, why can't GM build Buick into a super specialty brand competing directly with Audi and Lexus for example. This premium niche appeals to all types of buyers - young and old, affluent and the low profile. The Encore is a step in that direction. Nice interior, efficient use of space and premium looking material. 
    My wife came up with an interesting idea. Since my E400 won't be ready until January, we could tell them to hold it until we get back in April. Then I can stay in Florida. It would mean, NOT flying back in January, then driving 1500 miles to Florida, to use the new E400 for 2 months, and then driving back 1500 miles in April. If we pick it up in April, we just fly back in April, which is a lot easier than 2 nights 3 days of driving.

Which leads to another plan. If we flew down each year and have a car here, it saves all that driving, and saves the E400 4k to 5k miles a year in driving, which means I could keep it for another 2 or 3 years longer. But, we would probably want a larger more roadworthy car for Florida. We are going to look at a 2014 Mercedes C250 today just to consider. I like that it is red with a beige interior...so many have black interiors. They want $25000 for it.
    This is what it has:

Mileage: 12,647
    Body Style: Sedan
    Exterior Color: Mars Red
    Interior Color: Almond/Beige
    Fuel Economy: City 22/Hwy 31/Comb 25 MPG
    Engine: 4 Cylinder Turbo
    Fuel Type: Gasoline
    Transmission: 7 Speed Shiftable Automatic
    Drive Type: 2 wheel drive - rear
    Doors: Four Door
    I like this model more than the newer model:

You guys are the experts so tell me what you think. The Passat we would trade in is a 2013, 4 years old, with under 6000 miles on it. Might be worth $13000 to $14000 from what I can figure out.....oldfarmer - are you interested? Open to opinions or suggestions..........

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    I like that style MB too, a lot. and agree about the black interior.

Not sure that the dealer wants to just sit on the car for 3 months like that, but suppose you can ask.

And not sure why you need something more roadworthy than a Passat. Not like you drive very long distances down there! And also, you got the passat mostly to have a spare car when needed, so wouldn't this plan put you back at short a set of wheels?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    also, not sure on the price, but I checked my local guy that specializes in MB (has a lot of very nice looking cars). Mostly seems to have the 300 series (V6) models, but this one seems to be in the same ballpark, pretty loaded, low miles, similar price. I am also partial to the 4 cyl too, but I like this one.

http://www.aviautosales.com/2014_MercedesBenz_CClass_Magnolia_NJ_6088277.veh

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    @driver100 - don't you guys need 2 cars down there in FL? I'd keep the Passat, buy the MB. Go for it!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

driver100 said:

My wife came up with an interesting idea. Since my E400 won't be ready until January, we could tell them to hold it until we get back in April. Then I can stay in Florida. It would mean, NOT flying back in January, then driving 1500 miles to Florida, to use the new E400 for 2 months, and then driving back 1500 miles in April. If we pick it up in April, we just fly back in April, which is a lot easier than 2 nights 3 days of driving.

Which leads to another plan. If we flew down each year and have a car here, it saves all that driving, and saves the E400 4k to 5k miles a year in driving, which means I could keep it for another 2 or 3 years longer. But, we would probably want a larger more roadworthy car for Florida. We are going to look at a 2014 Mercedes C250 today just to consider. I like that it is red with a beige interior...so many have black interiors. They want $25000 for it.
    This is what it has:

Mileage: 12,647
    Body Style: Sedan
    Exterior Color: Mars Red
    Interior Color: Almond/Beige
    Fuel Economy: City 22/Hwy 31/Comb 25 MPG
    Engine: 4 Cylinder Turbo
    Fuel Type: Gasoline
    Transmission: 7 Speed Shiftable Automatic
    Drive Type: 2 wheel drive - rear
    Doors: Four Door
    I like this model more than the newer model:

You guys are the experts so tell me what you think. The Passat we would trade in is a 2013, 4 years old, with under 6000 miles on it. Might be worth $13000 to $14000 from what I can figure out.....oldfarmer - are you interested? Open to opinions or suggestions..........

Like the milage on both those cars but for $13k I could buy 4 or 5 hoopties and have all that fun finding out what doesn't work on them.

Curious, why don't you consider the Passat roadworthy?

That MB looks sweet. Don't often see them in that color. When negotiating with the seller you should make a stink and pretend to hate it because it's not black.

Well, @driver100 , I'm not sure it makes logical sense from a financial POV but it is your money after all so only you can judge if it is worth it to make you happy. I am like you in that I think this style looks better than the current bar of soap design. This one has nice colors too. One thing that may not be an issue for you but is good to keep in mind - I found these tight inside, width-wise.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    nyccarguy said:

@driver100 - don't you guys need 2 cars down there in FL? I'd keep the Passat, buy the MB. Go for it!

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. And perhaps *Driver is a little image conscious, showing up at the tennis club in a Passat is probably too déclassé for a man of his station in life. Don't know how old driver is but driving from Canada to Florida in inclement weather is not a safe way to travel.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    jmonroe said:

PF_Flyer said:

Looks good but why did they remove the rear door handle? :o

I don't see a deer whistle either.

jmonroe
    Turns out that left side rear door handle is what attracted the deer in the first place ;)
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

I agree with you - it is pretty bulky. They JUST released their road-bike version.
    28FF....I checked their road bike version. As you said, I guess they released it only a few days ago. That's more in line with what I was looking for. Looks good.

What kind of range do you get on yours?

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    I think the pre-1949 Buick past matters to many of them. It's a hell of a coincidence that Buick was a very high prestige brand before the revolution, and is popular now.

Buick "has no past" in China. They don't know anything about the malaise years, the "old man" image---none of that. To them, Buick was just born maybe 10-15 years ago.

edited November 2016
    I like the W204. It aged extremely well, and still looks good - I think history will be kind to it. One thing to watch out for, however, is an ex-rental or basic lease special. Some of them can have very few toys, which may come as a shock coming from a nicely loaded E. Still, a good amount of car for the money, and they have proven to be solid.
    driver100 said:

My wife came up with an interesting idea.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    fintail said:

I think the pre-1949 Buick past matters to many of them. It's a hell of a coincidence that Buick was a very high prestige brand before the revolution, and is popular now.

And you have been to China and know all about modern Chinese cultures, right? Neither do I. My friends who have been there report that it is all about new, new, new everywhere. But I haven't been myself.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere