Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Ford Edge To Feature Adaptive Steering, Sync 3 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2016 in Ford
image2016 Ford Edge To Feature Adaptive Steering, Sync 3 | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Ford Edge crossover will feature adaptive steering, a new technology designed to help with low-speed maneuverability and high-speed stability.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jngalt52jngalt52 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016
    Beware of the Adaptive Steering. Evidently it has design flaws, software flaws or both. And apparently FORD can't fix it. I have had our 2016 Ford Edge Titanium in the shop several times when the "Adaptive Steering Fault - Needs Service" light came on. Since it came and went, the dealer couldn't "replicate" the problem. Even after having the vehicle in the service department for 2 weeks.
    Now the light is on... and stays on. I plan to take it back to the Dealership tomorrow but I don't hold out any hope that they will be able to fix it.
    I have read on the Ford Edge Forum blog that many others are experiencing the same problem and they are getting nowhere with FORD.
    Again... stay away from the Adaptive Steering. Which means... don't buy the Edge Sport. It's standard.
    Better yet.... stay away from FORD.
  • Options
    jngalt52jngalt52 Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to follow up on the Adaptive Steering Fault problem. It appears it only effected first "off the line" Edge Sports and Titanium's with that added feature like ours. Our dealer found they couldn't get a delivery date on replacement parts so they cannibalized a brand new Edge Sport and put the new steering assembly into our Edge.
    It has been working flawlessly thus far, even after a recent LA to Las Vegas trip.
    So, we once again LOVE our Ford Edge. And the Adaptive Steering, when working like it should is a really really nice feature. I especially like the "Sport Mode".

So... I have changed my turn. Give the Edge a look.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    Wow, good dealer. Feel free to write up a review here and give them a shout out.

Thanks for reporting back!