Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Trying to lease 2017 Pacifica Limited 36/15

1swimmom11swimmom1 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in Chrysler
Need help understanding what fees can/need to be included in the "negotiated" price that is used in calculating monthly payment. Dealer is adding these fees: 3m accessories? 839, license and title 825, acq fee ? 695 and tax.
As I'm buying the car outside my home state, I thought I should pay sales tax when I register it.

US bank giving me .00125 MF 45% residual; rebate 7594
Chyysler is .00037 MF 47% residual: rebate 3344

But they are tacking on fees mentioned above. I'm trying to negotiate those being left out of the monthly calculations. Is that reasonable?

Best Answers

Answers

• jonathon4jonathon4 Member Posts: 5
    Would you be kind enough to offer the MF and residual for a 2017 Limited Pacifica for 12,000 miles/36 months.

Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    jonathon4 said:

Would you be kind enough to offer the MF and residual for a 2017 Limited Pacifica for 12,000 miles/36 months.

Thanks

.00037 and 49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• 1swimmom11swimmom1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks kyfdx. My state is California and car is in N Dakota. I wanted to pay licensing, tax and reg in my state in lump sum when I register the car and keep it out of the lease payment. This would also be easier to show that I have paid the appropriate tax. I also have to pay a transport fee to California.

So my question now is how low is it reasonable to assume I can get the cap cost down to begin to calculate my lease payment with the MRSP 49390, term 36/15K, MF 0.00037, residual 47%? Can I expect to get any more breaks other than rebate?
    Thanks. Will check to see if I can pay tax in California in a lump sum. Reason I'm looking at a car in NDakota is because it is the only one (in the country!) already made that has the features I wanted. I thought it would be faster if I got a car already made. Maybe not.
    Moot point now. They sold car while I was negotiating with them online. They keep trying to bury 4000 somewhere...wouldn't tell me what number they were "plugging into the computer" for capitalized cost and residual value to get the monthly payment or sales tax. I showed them my math but they kept trying to get me to pay 4-5000 down extra to "match my down payment." A little confused, disgusted and discouraged by the process. Just wanted them to be transparent with the numbers. Thanks for info about lump sum payment.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    You're probably better off trying to find a comparable unit somewhere in CA. Lots of dealers, lots of stock.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hello! Once again, Edmunds is partnering with Parents Magazine to help families find their perfect car. If you own one of the below vehicles and have children under the age of 12, we'd love to hear what you think of it.
    Here's a link to the survey - please give us your thoughts no later than March 1, 2017.
    Thanks for your help!

SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/wN9bw9FtPqRb2j4a2

Kia Soul (ideally 2017, 2016)
    Chevrolet Bolt (2017)
    Honda Civic (2016-17)
    Hyundai Sonata (2015-17)
    Subaru Crosstrek (2015-17)
    Honda CR-V (2017)
    Toyota Highlander (2017)
    Chrysler Pacifica (2017)
    Subaru Outback (2015-17)