Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• dngelo1dngelo1 Member Posts: 24
    got a little bit of clarity in a newsletter they provided:

Can You Give Me a Complete Example?
    To illustrate how these types of non-government fees should be treated, consider the following: You have a new vehicle with a MSRP of $33,000 that will be discounted $4,000. You want to list this vehicle in your website inventory. You charge a $500 administrative fee and $25 for the electronic tilting service you offer through a third party vendor. The price you list on your website must be $29,525. The title ad valorem tax, a tag fee, (depending on what service you are performing for your customer) and the title fee of $18 may added to this price at the time of sale.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2016
    rclerk101 said:

Is there a better way to deal with dealers, had few offers, dealers say that they would have the car ready for me to pick up, but then when I come in they suddenly sold out on everything, change the prices, etc. I feel I’ve been lied and scammed, if there any way, I can just come in and buy the car without such ordeals.
    If there anyway to “Guaranteed” the offer they have provided over the email or the phones? So they can’t add up any at the dealership?
    Any advice and tips will be greatly appreciate. Thanks so much!!

I'd like to follow up on what stever posted and add to this problem your having. Dealers need to know your buying vehicle today........... its not a inquiry. Any dealer that makes you come down and lied about price / vehicle you walk out and never return.

Buy vehicle over the phone its fast and easy .tell dealers internet manager you cant get down this week lets proceed with the sale this way.

Very simple way to ensure you get your model is to call dealer have them fax or email you a bill of sale contract with all vehicle info and pricing . Once they fax or email documents you then leave a credit card deposit to hold vehicle . By doing this you could say I'll be in next Friday to pick up car. when you arrive on set day you then finish paperwork and dealer should have vehicle prepped and ready to go.

I buy many vehicles over the phone holding with a credit card deposit . I make dealer fax me the bill of sale and some dealer paperwork to get the ball rolling before I come into store.

Give it a try could work well for you since the other way isn't working. I think its best to tell dealers you cant get down this week....... making a CC hold conformation better for both parties.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

dngelo

When you tell dealers I'm willing to buy vehicle today for xxx opposed to give me your best price tells dealers you not ready to buy . That's how you make a good deal and get the model you want.

• joehonda7joehonda7 Member Posts: 16
    Yesterday, I bought a Accord EX-L in Tennessee for $25,500.  I also had to pay a non-negotiable (lol) $599 doc fee.

The deal was really good (but not great), but they gave me $500 more on my trade in that I could get anywhere else.  So overall I'm happy with the purchase.

This was my second Honda purchase in a week.  Bought the girlfriend an Oddyssey last week.  See that message thread if interested.
    brian125 said:

dngelo

When you tell dealers I'm willing to buy vehicle today for xxx opposed to give me your best price tells dealers you not ready to buy . That's how you make a good deal and get the model you want.

Thanks Brian. Yeah today is the day i will actually step foot in a dealership. Already have a couple working against each other. Will update once it happens.
    joehonda7 said:

Yesterday, I bought a Accord EX-L in Tennessee for $25,500.  I also had to pay a non-negotiable (lol) $599 doc fee.

The deal was really good (but not great), but they gave me $500 more on my trade in that I could get anywhere else.  So overall I'm happy with the purchase.

This was my second Honda purchase in a week.  Bought the girlfriend an Oddyssey last week.  See that message thread if interested.

Nice. Is that the sale price or OTD?
  • scienceguydavescienceguydave Member Posts: 6
    I just got an e-price (automatically emailed) from a dealer outside philly for a Honda accord hybrid touring (MSRP $36,790) for $32,330. Sounds pretty good. Should I try to wiggle lower than this? Looking to buy and finance at .9 percent for 60 months with no trade in. I based my contact email on suggestions from Brian and Stever (thanks guys!) I am ready to buy this week or black friday weekend.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I just got an e-price (automatically emailed) from a dealer outside philly for a Honda accord hybrid touring (MSRP $36,790) for $32,330. Sounds pretty good. Should I try to wiggle lower than this? Looking to buy and finance at .9 percent for 60 months with no trade in. I based my contact email on suggestions from Brian and Stever (thanks guys!) I am ready to buy this week or black friday weekend.

Invoice is $33,705 and TMV is about $400 below that. Your "automatic" quote is $1,000 below TMV and a bit over 12% off MSRP. So yeah, looks pretty good to me.

Guess you need to pay attention to the fees.

Maybe a simple reply to the effect that you want to buy this week and is that the best they can do?
  • joehonda7joehonda7 Member Posts: 16
    dngelo1 said:

Nice. Is that the sale price or OTD?
    $25,500 was the sale price.
    Thanks to Steve and Brian. Got the following yesterday:
    2017 Honda Accord Ex-L Sedan CVT Grey(since silver is out of stock at most ATL dealerships)
    MSRP= $29,655
    Invoice= $27,197
    Sale Price=$24,459
    0.9% financing
    OTD=$27,200
    Includes splash guards, wheel locks, nitro in tires, trunk tray
    Got the car from Carey Paul Honda. Relatively easy process. The hardest part was the wait time to go through finance, just because they had a few people ahead of me. 
    Good going, congrats on the new ride!

(I think the grey will be a nice change)
    stever said:

Good going, congrats on the new ride!

(I think the grey will be a nice change)

Yep, i'm warming up to it. I would have loved it if the Accords come in Cosmic Blue Metallic like the Civics. But i digress. :)
    Oh sure, one of the cars I like has a great blue color but that's not available in the trim I want. Same car in Canada comes in that color (er, colour?) in all trims and has another 4 or 5 colors to choose from that we don't get. Irritating.
  • junezi749junezi749 Member Posts: 8
    inuya said:

junezi749 said:

I am trying to get the EX-L (the sensing/Navi is optional). The dealer gave me a price $24,988 plus tax and license. Is it a good deal or not?Bay area

Thank you

Hi Junezi749
    Could you let me know which Honda dealer in the bay area you are dealing with? I am going to purchase the exact same model that you mentioned here. I am also in bay area.

Thank you,
    Sorry, just see this. Anderson Honda
  • ilearnilearn Member Posts: 18
    dngelo1 said:

Thanks to Steve and Brian. Got the following yesterday:
    2017 Honda Accord Ex-L Sedan CVT Grey(since silver is out of stock at most ATL dealerships)
    MSRP= $29,655
    Invoice= $27,197
    Sale Price=$24,459
    0.9% financing
    OTD=$27,200
    Includes splash guards, wheel locks, nitro in tires, trunk tray
    Got the car from Carey Paul Honda. Relatively easy process. The hardest part was the wait time to go through finance, just because they had a few people ahead of me. 

dngelo1, I am in the atlanta market for Accord EX-L. Also looking for silver color. Will be buying by December end if I don't get a good deal on Black Friday. Any specific dealerships I should target to start the process. Also have to trade in my 10-yr old civic Hybrid.
  • fastback1965fastback1965 Member Posts: 23

I got a 2017 non-Hybrid Touring for $29750 a few weeks ago (Chicago area, although to get my color I went to Milwaukee). I've seen a few others getting them for a few hundred less than that. How much would you have to save in gas to make the Hybrid worth it?

Not against hybrids, just food for thought.
  • scienceguydavescienceguydave Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2016
    According to fueleconomy.gov, it will take me 2.1 years to make it all back with a 1300 difference in price (The difference in MSRP). There are a few more factors coming in to play however. I think of it as insurance against higher gas prices. They may stay low, but if they go up, I save much much more. 700 mile range makes trips to pump less frequent and less annoying. Also, the costs to replace tires and brakes should be a little lower, due to the 17" tires (more common) and regenerative braking. I know of course that the batteries will eventually need to be replaced, but I like the idea of reducing my carbon footprint. Plus no $1,000 timing belt to change at 100k miles. The v6 sure does look appealing though!

If all goes well, I plan to sign for a sale price of 31,300. That includes the wheel locks and splash guards. Out the door price should be 33,320 for the hybrid touring. (6% tax in PA plus tags and title). I'll leave a 500 deposit. Will post final numbers once deal is set.
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120

According to fueleconomy.gov, it will take me 2.1 years to make it all back with a 1300 difference in price (The difference in MSRP). There are a few more factors coming in to play however. I think of it as insurance against higher gas prices. They may stay low, but if they go up, I save much much more. 700 mile range makes trips to pump less frequent and less annoying. Also, the costs to replace tires and brakes should be a little lower, due to the 17" tires (more common) and regenerative braking. I know of course that the batteries will eventually need to be replaced, but I like the idea of reducing my carbon footprint. Plus no $1,000 timing belt to change at 100k miles. The v6 sure does look appealing though!

If all goes well, I plan to sign for a sale price of 31,300. That includes the wheel locks and splash guards. Out the door price should be 33,320 for the hybrid touring. (6% tax in PA plus tags and title). I'll leave a 500 deposit. Will post final numbers once deal is set.

I went through the same exercise on the hybrid versus non-hybrid choice. I think that it really depends on the manufacturer and their respective MSRPs for the subject cars. For some the delta is much higher, as much as $5K-$6K, at least it has been. For the Accord, however, as you have seen it is much lower. In addition, at least from what I am seeing in Northern California, the inventory of Hybrids is much greater than the non-hybrid, so the availability and motivation to sell is thus greater. I am landing at a deal very much close to the one you negotiated in PA, and like the choice of a hybrid for the same reasons that you have stated.

I have had two hybrids now, a Prius in the past, and my current 2014 Lexus ES300h. I like the fact the Accord Hybrid gets better mpg (rated), and although all of the amenities may not be the same as a Lexus, I think that Honda is doing an admirable job. I guess I will have to see how it goes after the "new car" honeymoon is over.
  • ttong90ttong90 Member Posts: 2
    2017 white accord sport with sensing
    bay area california
    is 22,500 not including fees and tax a good deal?
    edited November 2016
    ttong90 said:

2017 white accord sport with sensing
    bay area california
    is 22,500 not including fees and tax a good deal?

Invoice is $24,821 and TMV is about $300 less than that.

Your quote looks good, well below the TMV average and about $2,300 below invoice. (All numbers include the $835 destination).

Enjoy!
  • elmateoelmateo Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Touring Sedan - White Pearl Orchid
    MSRP= $35,665
    Invoice= $32,997
    Sale Price=$29,438
    Paid Cash
    Includes splash guards and wheel locks

This is in the Sacramento, CA area
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    elmateo said:

Just purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Touring Sedan - White Pearl Orchid
    MSRP= $35,665
    Invoice= $32,997
    Sale Price=$29,438
    Paid Cash
    Includes splash guards and wheel locks

This is in the Sacramento, CA area

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dhamr91dhamr91 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2017 EX-L CVT in White Orchid in Maryland(Montgomery County).

MSRP = $29,665

Sale Price = 23,402.74
    Processing = 300
    Destination = 835
    Taxes = 1,472.26
    Fees = 279

Out the Door Price = $26, 289

I did everything by email. It was a very pleasant experience buying a car this way. Thanks to this forum, I used advice given by many posters and the Mods so again, thank you!

4 dealers had pricing in the 26K's

1. Criswell Honda $26,289
    1. Honda of Owings Mills $26,289
    3. Norris Honda-$26,418.54
    4. Browns Honda $26,876 (although this price changed multiple times as I asked for more specifics so I still don't know what would happen if I showed up in their showroom, I just have a nagging feeling the price would keep going up)

6 dealers had pricing in the 27K's
    1Heritage Honda-2 locations with same exact price $27,189.22
    2. Sport Honda-$27,189.22
    3. Shockley Honda-$27,378.40
    4. Herson's Honda-$27, 556.56 *****
    5. Ourisman Honda-$27,621.94

4 dealerships never responded, they are:
    Jim Coleman Honda
    College Park Honda
    O'Donnel Honda
    Hagerstown Honda

*****Herson's Honda will give you a quote by email but they insist you must set up a face to face appointment to get "The Best Deal". Why bother if you are the customer in this day and age of the internet so don't waste your time with them if you want to do this by email. If you enjoy the back and forth, go for it, to each his own I always say.

• sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    edited November 2016
    Shopping in Northern California, Is $31,050 (including all incentives for a Lease Transaction) a good price for a 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring (MSRP: $36,790)?
    That's a bit more than 15% off MSRP @sjeed. Good price. More typical would be 8 to 12% (according to my car dealer neighbor anyway).
    @dhamr91, very nice going, congrats!

Great info about your dealer contacts, thanks.
  • samnorcalsamnorcal Member Posts: 23
    Hi @stever and team - In the market for a new mid-size sedan.. looking for pricing guidance on 2017 Honda Accord Sports SE.. I have seen some mention of $1000-$2000. Given the Honda promotes during Xmas month, what incentives I should be looking for to get to $2000 below invoice?
  • cargo_hookcargo_hook Member Posts: 2
    Here's my data point, good deal?

2017 Accord EX-L CVT Steel Metallic
    CA - bay area
    +2697.62 tax/title/license
    Total OTD: 28,078.62
    0.9% finance
    edited November 2016
    samnorcal said:

Hi @stever and team - In the market for a new mid-size sedan.. looking for pricing guidance on 2017 Honda Accord Sports SE.. I have seen some mention of $1000-$2000. Given the Honda promotes during Xmas month, what incentives I should be looking for to get to $2000 below invoice?

Hi, Sam, using a San Fran zip, and assuming an automatic, invoice is $24,821 and the True Market Value average price paid is $24,472. TMV is about 8% below the $27,050 MSRP (all numbers include the $835 destination btw).

$2,000 below invoice would put the selling price around $22,800. That's a bit over 15% below MSRP. Doable but most likely doable when the sales are running at the end of the month and yeah, more doable I think over the year end holiday sales.

I was thinking sales were easing but November is going to be another good month (people were delaying due to the election it seems - turns out that the same behavior was seen in '08 and in '12 before the national elections then). Lots of sales may drive prices down if the dealers like the feeding frenzy. But more demand could work against prices.

Don't mean to be wishy-washy but Honda dealers must get good bonuses for moving metal and they seem pretty aggressive in lots of the country, even as they enjoy high demand from consumers. Getting some quotes will tell the real tale.
    edited November 2016

Here's my data point, good deal?

2017 Accord EX-L CVT Steel Metallic
    CA - bay area
    +2697.62 tax/title/license
    Total OTD: 28,078.62
    0.9% finance

Welcome @cargo_hook.

Your selling price of $25,381 is well below the invoice of $27,197.

Good data point for @samnorcal, should have read your post first. :) Looks like $2,000 is doable right now. Who knows what year end will bring.

Nice work!
    Thanks @stever i will start the bidding process next week at the month close (Tue 29-Wed 30). See what i get... If the numbers don't look attractive, i may hang in there longer and do it post X-mas.
    Just to make sure the $2000 below invoice number (you called it selling price) of $22,800 is not the OTD price, correct? This is *before* the tax, registrations, etc..?
    stever said:

samnorcal said:

Hi, Sam, using a San Fran zip, and assuming an automatic, invoice is $24,821 and the True Market Value average price paid is $24,472. TMV is about 8% below the $27,050 MSRP (all numbers include the $835 destination btw).

$2,000 below invoice would put the selling price around $22,800. That's a bit over 15% below MSRP. Doable but most likely doable when the sales are running at the end of the month and yeah, more doable I think over the year end holiday sales.

I was thinking sales were easing but November is going to be another good month (people were delaying due to the election it seems - turns out that the same behavior was seen in '08 and in '12 before the national elections then). Lots of sales may drive prices down if the dealers like the feeding frenzy. But more demand could work against prices.

Don't mean to be wishy-washy but Honda dealers must get good bonuses for moving metal and they seem pretty aggressive in lots of the country, even as they enjoy high demand from consumers. Getting some quotes will tell the real tale.
    Hi @stever - I am getting a quote of $22,310 on 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE CVT from a Nor California dealer. Final OTD being quoted is $24,465. I haven't started the bidding process but i test drove the car here and this is the first price i was given. Is it good?
    edited November 2016
    samnorcal said:

Hi @stever - I am getting a quote of $22,310 on 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE CVT from a Nor California dealer. Final OTD being quoted is $24,465. I haven't started the bidding process but i test drove the car here and this is the first price i was given. Is it good?

Invoice price on the Sport Se w destination fee of $835 = $24,820

Your do-able Target price range in CA is $2000 to $2800 below the above Invoice price of $24,820. Make sure your above quote included the destination fee.

• bill_needlebill_needle Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the Providence, RI area and am looking to buy a new 2017 Accord LX with Sensing.

Got the following out the door price quote today from Boch Honda in Norwood, MA:

$24,990 MSRP

$20,410 (internet price, includes destination), plus
    $ 399 (dealer document fee)

plus 7% RI sales tax

(Looks like there's another $135 - $170 in fees/costs for MA residents, which I am not.)

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this deal. Thanks.
    Sounds good to me, about 16% under MSRP even including the doc fees. Your quote looks well under TMV too ($22,256).
    Hi @brian125 , @stever

this is what I have below including the destination charge:

$27,050 MSRP, including transportation
    Invoice: $25,060
    Internet Price/Selling Price: $22,310 plus fees*

SUMMARY

$22,310 - Selling Price
    $1,791.20 - Sales Tax Sacramento County
    $80 - Documentation Fee
    $8.75 - Tire Recycle Fee $1.75/Tire
    $276 - DMV estimated Registration & first year License

$24,465.95 TOTAL OUT-THE-DOOR ESTIMATED

Hope this clears any ambiguity from my last message. With the above said, does this look good or there's room to explore more with others.
    brian125 said:

samnorcal said:

Invoice price on the Sport Se w destination fee of $835 = $24,820

Your do-able Target price range in CA is $2000 to $2800 below the above Invoice price of $24,820. Make sure your above quote included the destination fee.

• callme009callme009 Member Posts: 4
    received an estimate for 2017 honda accord ex for 25k OTD

kbb msrp = $27365, kbb invoice = $25108

dealership msrp = $26985 (what's up with this, just curious)
    edited November 2016
    callme009,..............Here's what's up

Dealer thinks your the Average buyer . Why should they tip there hand with pricing if your not buying. If your not telling dealers your ready to buy you get pricing like you received.

Try this approach.................. Call , email 10/15 dealerships telling each you will be buying in the next few days . What's the best price you could offer me including the $835 destination fee.? Ask dealerships what there doc fee is ?

Then post back pricing , your Area , Dealers doc fee charge and will give you a Target price range to buy.

edited November 2016
    @samnorcal, I wound up with a slightly lower invoice number for some reason, but either way, you're at least $2,500 under invoice and well within the target range for a good deal. You might squeeze a little bit more off tomorrow or Wednesday but you're doing fine. May as well try to round the selling price down to $22k but don't fret if the dealer doesn't budge any more.
    @callme009, we show MSRP to be $27,365 too (including the $835 destination). Don't know why your dealer is showing something different.
    Did we miss anyone?

Anyone else got numbers to post?
    edited November 2016
    callme009 said:

received an estimate for 2017 honda accord ex for 25k OTD

kbb msrp = $27365, kbb invoice = $25108

dealership msrp = $26985 (what's up with this, just curious)

Sorry Mis -read your post and Otd numbers of 25k. Dealers #'s are wrong with invoice price

• callme009callme009 Member Posts: 4
    @stever & @brian125 - think dealer could do better though it is below invoice...
    I think you are doing good - what's the selling price before the taxes and fees?
  • bytheendof2016bytheendof2016 Member Posts: 8
    I just got offered $30,035(including destination) + DMV & Taxes from Rochelle Honda & Yonkers Honda. Should I settle for $30,000 or wait until the end of December? Will I be able to get prices around $29,200-$29,500?
    What model Accord?

brian125 said:

What model Accord?

Oh wow, how foolish of me... The Honda Accord 2017 Touring Sedan
    edited November 2016
    2017 Touring Invoice price w dest/ charge from Kbb & Nada = $32,678.

You probably will knock off few more dollars by waiting till Dec 30th.................. BUT why bother its a great deal here in the NY area. Drive that bad boy tomorrow and enjoy it the whole month of DEC.

If your quote was $500 more I would of said maybe consider waiting till Dec 30, 31st

brian125 said:

2017 Touring Invoice price w dest/ charge from Kbb & Nada = $32,678.

You probably will knock off few more dollars by waiting till Dec 30th.................. BUT why bother its a great deal here in the NY area. Drive that bad boy tomorrow and enjoy it the whole month of DEC.

If your quote was $500 more I would of said maybe consider waiting till Dec 30, 31st

By a couple of dollars, do you mean less than $100? If so then I rather take$30,000 offer tomorrow and see if I can get them to throw in some mudguards, floormats, and a trunk liner :)