Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Shopping for a new car, want to hear your thoughts

saamlee92saamlee92 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in General
So i need to change my '14 Elantra gt to a slightly bigger vehicle.
So far i checked pretty much all the mid and full size sedans. The options are now a:
'15 Azera - still 9 year warranty left, cheaper than the others, about the same power, outgoing model
'16 Charger sxt - fyi i never drove an american car. But this car has been in my sight for quite some time.
'15 Q50 - pricier, not so cool with the premium gas requirement, some say it doesn't drive as it looks (not so peppy nor reliable)
'14 Accord V6 - least sexy looking. Boring.

I would say i'm between the azera and the charger. I know how the Hyundai drives, i'm not familiar with Dodge.
The Charger is about $3000 more expensive, but has less miles on it and one year younger.
I hear all your opinions. I think you already know to what am i leaning to. I need more space, fun to drive but not burning gas like crazy, something that will run good for at least 5 years. Also ideas of other makes and models are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Get the Charger. :)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    My thoughts:

Azera - if this is a used car, I'm not sure the 10 year warranty applies. Pretty much a luxury appliance.
    Charger - I had an R/T rental a couple months ago; I love the Hemi engine, but not sure I would love to put gas in it all the time. This is the V6, though, right? It's a big car, which may not work if you live and work in an urban environment.
    Q50 - which engine are you looking at? Premium fuel isn't a huge uplift in cost - maybe $5 or so per tank over RUG.
    Accord - yes, least exciting of the bunch (well, maybe on par with the Azera). But, probably the best cost of ownership numbers and you can run them forever.

I suppose my advice is for you to drive them all and determine which of them has the right blend of driving dynamics and features.

There are so many choices in the mid-size class. You might want to poke around the Edmunds website and see what else appeals to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    saamlee92saamlee92 Member Posts: 4
    All of them are used with low miles on them. The Azera i like it for all the extra features that other cars don't have. But i can live without them. The Infiniti Q50 is a v6. Today i plan on driving the charger and the Azera. 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    Hyundai does have a lot of features for the money.

But, it's all about what you like, not about the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    different stokes really. Azera is more of a luxury cruiser. Charger is big. Accord, probably IMO the best option for combining room, efficiency, performance, reliability, etc. And still drives well. But, as always, has to be what feels right to you.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.