Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Q7 leasing rates

santasticosantastico Member Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Audi
New to Audi having been leasing BMW X5 for the last 10 years. Got the following rates for a 2017 Q7 lease:
36 months / 12,000 miles per year
Residual: 63% for Premium or Premium Plus / 61% for Prestige
MF: .00237
No discount at all from MSRP

Thoughts???

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

New to Audi having been leasing BMW X5 for the last 10 years. Got the following rates for a 2017 Q7 lease:
    36 months / 12,000 miles per year
    Residual: 63% for Premium or Premium Plus / 61% for Prestige
    MF: .00237
    No discount at all from MSRP

Thoughts???

Those are the correct residuals.

The base MF is .00197, so that is marked up.

No discount, and a marked up money factor? I'd shop around.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kotkot1kotkot1 Member Posts: 34
    HI All, what's the current MF and residual for 2017 Q7 on 36/12 lease? any other programs? what discount of MSRP is reasonable? Looking at !7 premium or Premium Plus.

Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    kotkot1 said:

HI All, what's the current MF and residual for 2017 Q7 on 36/12 lease? any other programs? what discount of MSRP is reasonable? Looking at !7 premium or Premium Plus.

Thank you!

.00237 and 62% for both trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kotkot1kotkot1 Member Posts: 34
    thanks! crazy MF. it's not worth in i think.
  • bpeter21bpeter21 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. Q7 selling prices seem to be all over the map. Anyone able to give me a target discount to MSRP on a Q7 Premium? Thanks in advance.
    bpeter21 said:

Hi all. Q7 selling prices seem to be all over the map. Anyone able to give me a target discount to MSRP on a Q7 Premium? Thanks in advance.

Generally, for Audi, 6% off sticker is a good starting point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sayer17sayer17 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a Q7 Prestige for 36months 15k miles/year.

Dealer is quoting the following:
    $2000 down
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00166

thoughts on the deal?
    sayer17 said:

Looking to lease a Q7 Prestige for 36months 15k miles/year.

Dealer is quoting the following:
    $2000 down
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00166

thoughts on the deal?

Those aren't AFS numbers.
    .00227 MF and 58% residual for AFS.

Must be using another bank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bhatiaaxbhatiaax Member Posts: 8
    Got this rate today from a Dealer in Va.

Our lease with $0 Down for 36 Months and 12K miles is $998 including Audi Care. Which gives you a residual value of 58% (same without Audi Care) MF .00183

Is this good? Also, what's the best way to negotiate with the dealer if they don't honor the ACNA membership discount?
    bhatiaax said:

Got this rate today from a Dealer in Va.

Our lease with $0 Down for 36 Months and 12K miles is $998 including Audi Care. Which gives you a residual value of 58% (same without Audi Care) MF .00183

Is this good? Also, what's the best way to negotiate with the dealer if they don't honor the ACNA membership discount?

Again, doesn't look like an AFS lease. Otherwise, you'd get an extra 1% for AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks Ky. I asked if this was a AFS rate and the sales person complete ignores my question. Go figure.

What's the current AFS rate on 2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus and Prestige? Also, given that it's coming close to year end, do you think the rate will improve? When is 2018 model suppose to come out? Thanks in advance.
    bhatiaax said:

Thanks Ky. I asked if this was a AFS rate and the sales person complete ignores my question. Go figure.

What's the current AFS rate on 2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus and Prestige? Also, given that it's coming close to year end, do you think the rate will improve? When is 2018 model suppose to come out? Thanks in advance.

.00227 and 62% (Prem Plus) or 60% (Prestige) for 36/12

No information on future numbers, or when the 2018's will be available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell. It seems like the numbers have gotten worse than in Aug/Sep timeframe. Figured by now RV and MF would only go up not down :( I can get a loan from a credit union for 1.5 but don't want the hassle of selling the car after 3 years!

Also, the dealer is willing to take off only 800 off the MSRP. What are others getting?
    bhatiaax said:

Thanks Michaell. It seems like the numbers have gotten worse than in Aug/Sep timeframe. Figured by now RV and MF would only go up not down :( I can get a loan from a credit union for 1.5 but don't want the hassle of selling the car after 3 years!

Also, the dealer is willing to take off only 800 off the MSRP. What are others getting?

We don't track prices.

And, Audi's generally lease poorly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• buckeyefan8buckeyefan8 Member Posts: 24
     Hi, may I please have the residual and money factor for a 2017 Audi Q7 prestige for 36 mo 15k miles a year. Also, is there another term ( i.e. 33 or 39 mo) that is a better sweet spot for this vehicle. I plan on ordering the car which will be  here in April. In your personal experience, do you think leasing rates will get much worse or stay about the same  over the course of the next few months . Thanks!

Hi, may I please have the residual and money factor for a 2017 Audi Q7 prestige for 36 mo 15k miles a year. Also, is there another term ( i.e. 33 or 39 mo) that is a better sweet spot for this vehicle. I plan on ordering the car which will be  here in April. In your personal experience, do you think leasing rates will get much worse or stay about the same  over the course of the next few months . Thanks!

.00239 MF and 58% residual.

There are no good terms, but if you are willing to go to 48 months, then .00259 MF and 51% residual.

I don't see how the terms could get worse, but I'm often wrong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• buckeyefan8buckeyefan8 Member Posts: 24
    Thanks!
  • sambo49sambo49 Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2016
    Hi,
    What are the lease rate and residual value for q7, 2017, Premium Plus? looking at 36 months and 12k miles per month. I am in the Washington DC area.
    Many Thanks,
    sambo49 said:

Hi,
    What are the lease rate and residual value for q7, 2017, Premium Plus? looking at 36 months and 12k miles per month. I am in the Washington DC area.
    Many Thanks,

.00239 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much!
    i received an offer of 1500 below 64750 MSRP for a new 2017 Q7 P+ (w/options). I know these cars are in high demand. What is a good discount below MSRP (or above invoice) for December in the DC area?
    Thanks Again!
    sambo49 said:

Thank you very much!
    i received an offer of 1500 below 64750 MSRP for a new 2017 Q7 P+ (w/options). I know these cars are in high demand. What is a good discount below MSRP (or above invoice) for December in the DC area?
    Thanks Again!

Generally, for Audi, we suggest 6% off sticker. Not sure you can get that with the Q7, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I was offered 2.5% but will counter and try to get closer to 6%.
    Best,
  • bradys87nbradys87n Member Posts: 14
    Hey Michael,

As stated by you in the threads, Audi Q7's don't lease well. I've checked the Base MF and have seen 4.5-5% on average throughout parts of the country. A few questions:

1) Are there Audi Dealers in different parts of the country that have lower MF?
    2) Can you provide the Base MF for the DFW (Dallas), TX area?

Thanks!
    bradys87n said:

Hey Michael,

As stated by you in the threads, Audi Q7's don't lease well. I've checked the Base MF and have seen 4.5-5% on average throughout parts of the country. A few questions:

1) Are there Audi Dealers in different parts of the country that have lower MF?
    2) Can you provide the Base MF for the DFW (Dallas), TX area?

Thanks!

So far as we know, the Audi numbers are national.

.00239 is the base MF for the Central region.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• katyncypresskatyncypress Member Posts: 2
    Please be patient with me. We have 0 experience leasing but I am thinking that might be the best option for us due to me needing a new car every 3 years. I am looking at luxury SUV's.....Of course I love the Audi Q7, Premium Plus. I'm also looking at the Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design and the BMW X3 xDrive35i. In your opinion which one leases the best. Looking at 3 years and 15K miles for the lease.

Please be patient with me. We have 0 experience leasing but I am thinking that might be the best option for us due to me needing a new car every 3 years. I am looking at luxury SUV's.....Of course I love the Audi Q7, Premium Plus. I'm also looking at the Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design and the BMW X3 xDrive35i. In your opinion which one leases the best. Looking at 3 years and 15K miles for the lease.

The X3 will probably have the lowest payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nydadwith3nydadwith3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Got a quote from a NY dealer for a 2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus. $2,000 off MSRP. 42 month lease. 12,000 miles per year. They quoted the money factor (.00216) and residual (56%) through Audi Financial. They also said I will get a 2% bump on the residual with the Audi Care which would cost $980. Seems that based on what I'm seeing here both the money factor and residual are high but note sure if NY is a different market. Thanks for your help!

Hi. Got a quote from a NY dealer for a 2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus. $2,000 off MSRP. 42 month lease. 12,000 miles per year. They quoted the money factor (.00216) and residual (56%) through Audi Financial. They also said I will get a 2% bump on the residual with the Audi Care which would cost $980. Seems that based on what I'm seeing here both the money factor and residual are high but note sure if NY is a different market. Thanks for your help!

2.0T: .00216 MF and 58% residual for 42/12
    3.0T: .00216 MF and 57% residual for 42/12.

AudiCare adds 1% to the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• curragecurrage Member Posts: 18
    Can you provide MF and Residual for a 2017 Q7 Prestige?
    36/12
    39/12
    currage said:

Can you provide MF and Residual for a 2017 Q7 Prestige?
    36/12
    39/12

36/12 .00196 and 58%
    39/12 .00216 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• curragecurrage Member Posts: 18
    Awesome!  Thank you
  • zoso022zoso022 Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide MF and Residual for a 2017 Q7 PremPlus in GA? 30k/36mo and 22.5k/36mo. Thank you!
    zoso022 said:

Can you provide MF and Residual for a 2017 Q7 PremPlus in GA? 30k/36mo and 22.5k/36mo. Thank you!

2.0T: .00196 MF and 63%/64% residual
    3.0T: Subtract 1% from 2.0T residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ramredyramredy Member Posts: 2
    Hello:

Can you please advise if this is a good lease deal?

NY Suffolk County tax = 8.625
    Term= 36 mo/ 12k miles
    MSRP = $55,580

Vehicle Cost = $54,580
    Down payment = $4600
    Residual = 63%
    MF = 0.00216
    Monthly payment (36months/10K) = $755

I proposed:

Vehicle Price: $52,300
    Down payment: $3500 (first month payment, taxes, title, plates and aquisition fee)
    Residual: 60% - $31,380
    Monthly lease payment (36 months/10,000miles/month) - $625/month with first two services free
    Option to purchase at the end of lease agreement: $31,380

Can you compare Dealers quotation and my proposal and advise if my proposal is reasonable?

Thanks,
    Ram
    ramredy said:

Hello:

Can you please advise if this is a good lease deal?

NY Suffolk County tax = 8.625
    Term= 36 mo/ 12k miles
    MSRP = $55,580

Vehicle Cost = $54,580
    Down payment = $4600
    Residual = 63%
    MF = 0.00216
    Monthly payment (36months/10K) = $755

I proposed:

Vehicle Price: $52,300
    Down payment: $3500 (first month payment, taxes, title, plates and aquisition fee)
    Residual: 60% - $31,380
    Monthly lease payment (36 months/10,000miles/month) - $625/month with first two services free
    Option to purchase at the end of lease agreement: $31,380

Can you compare Dealers quotation and my proposal and advise if my proposal is reasonable?

Thanks,
    Ram

We would need the adjusted cap cost for both proposals.

However, the MF is inflated - base rate is .00196. That's a red flag, to start.

And we suggest you only pay the first payment and DMV costs at inception. Roll the other fees and taxes into the payment. If the vehicle gets totaled, it's unlikely the state will refund you the sales tax you pre-paid. Yes, you'll have a higher payment, but use the money you saved up front to cover that.

I like your price better - almost 6% off MSRP, which is the target for Audi.

Is this the 2.0T or 3.0T?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dfost24dfost24 Member Posts: 9
    Hi. Could you please provide Residual and MF for 10k/36 month 3.0T Prestige with Cold Weather. MSRP of $67,025. Fairfield County, CT.

Thanks!
    dfost24 said:

Hi. Could you please provide Residual and MF for 10k/36 month 3.0T Prestige with Cold Weather. MSRP of $67,025. Fairfield County, CT.

Thanks!

.00196 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ramredyramredy Member Posts: 2
    Hello Michaell:

Thanks for your advice.

This is 2.0.

Adjusted cap cost by dealer is $54,580; i proposed $52,300. Is this good or should go even lower?

Look forward to your response.

Ram.
    ramredy said:

Hello Michaell:

Thanks for your advice.

This is 2.0.

Adjusted cap cost by dealer is $54,580; i proposed $52,300. Is this good or should go even lower?

Look forward to your response.

Ram.

And how much is due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you recently sold or traded in a BMW for a Mercedes, Jaguar, Volvo, Audi or Cadillac vehicle, a reporter would be interested in speaking with you about your experience. Please send a note to PR@Edmunds.com no later than 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017. Thanks!
  • newtoaudi5newtoaudi5 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a Premium Plus Q7 3.0T in the pacific northwest area - can anyone let me know the current MF and residual for a 36/15K lease. My understanding is that the national base MF is 0.00196?

I was quoted a MF of 0.00281 and residual of 59% for the 36/15K term.

I'm looking at a Premium Plus Q7 3.0T in the pacific northwest area - can anyone let me know the current MF and residual for a 36/15K lease. My understanding is that the national base MF is 0.00196?

I was quoted a MF of 0.00281 and residual of 59% for the 36/15K term.

.00196 MF and 59% residual.

Dealers can (and will) markup the money factor for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dirigo76dirigo76 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at the lease special that Audi is advertising locally. It is $499/month +TTL and the advertised residual is 63% (36/10). I am wondering if anyone knows the assumed capital cost and/or MF for this lease offer? When I use the cap cost which I see in this forum (.00196) it would imply a substantial discount off the retail price of the car ($49,950). Any ideas?

$499 per month for 36 months
    $4,289 cash due at signing
    Offer only valid 3/01/2017 through 3/31/2017
    Excludes tax, title, license, registration, options and fees. $0 security deposit. For highly qualified customers through Audi Financial Services

*Closed end lease financing available through March 31, 2017 for a new, unused 2017 Audi Q7 2.0T Premium with automatic transmission on approved credit by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Monthly lease payment based on MSRP of $49,950 and destination charges, excluding title, tax, options, accessories, and dealer fees. Amount due at signing includes first month’s payment, capitalized cost reduction, and acquisition fee of $795. Monthly payments total $17,964. Your payment will vary based on dealer contribution and the final negotiated price. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs. At lease end, lessee responsible for disposition fee of $350, $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Purchase option at lease end for $31,469, excludes taxes, title and other government fees.
    dirigo76 said:

I am looking at the lease special that Audi is advertising locally. It is $499/month +TTL and the advertised residual is 63% (36/10). I am wondering if anyone knows the assumed capital cost and/or MF for this lease offer? When I use the cap cost which I see in this forum (.00196) it would imply a substantial discount off the retail price of the car ($49,950). Any ideas?

$499 per month for 36 months
    $4,289 cash due at signing
    Offer only valid 3/01/2017 through 3/31/2017
    Excludes tax, title, license, registration, options and fees. $0 security deposit. For highly qualified customers through Audi Financial Services

*Closed end lease financing available through March 31, 2017 for a new, unused 2017 Audi Q7 2.0T Premium with automatic transmission on approved credit by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Monthly lease payment based on MSRP of $49,950 and destination charges, excluding title, tax, options, accessories, and dealer fees. Amount due at signing includes first month’s payment, capitalized cost reduction, and acquisition fee of $795. Monthly payments total $17,964. Your payment will vary based on dealer contribution and the final negotiated price. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs. At lease end, lessee responsible for disposition fee of $350, $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Purchase option at lease end for $31,469, excludes taxes, title and other government fees.

Implies an adjusted CAP cost of $44,100. Since the upfront money includes a $2995 CAP reduction, the selling price for the car in the ad is $47,095. About 5.7% off MSRP. Nothing amazing, there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• motomoto1motomoto1 Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2017
    Hi all. I recently put a deposit down on a 2017 p+ Q7 3.0
     in NY state 

I was given msrp of 66,300$. 
    Dealer said they are taking down to 62,300

We settled on 5500 cod. Taxes title license fee first month and small down payment 1600. 

36k/10 for $745 month 
    They gave me 62 % residual. But didn't yet tell me the MF 
    The car is not yet on the lot as they are getting it from another dealer. The car is at usa port I assume Rhode island 

Did i Get a good deal. I talked to 6 different dealers and put two against each other In the end. 

Am I allowed to ask to put taxes into payment before I sign? They had Me sign the Yellow PO slip and give deposit and do credit check 

motomoto1 said:

in NY state 

We settled on 5500 cod. Taxes title license fee first month and small down payment 1600. 

36k/10 for $745 month 
    The car is not yet on the lot as they are getting it from another dealer. The car is at usa port I assume Rhode island 

Did i Get a good deal. I talked to 6 different dealers and put two against each other In the end. 

Am I allowed to ask to put taxes into payment before I sign? They had Me sign the Yellow PO slip and give deposit and do credit check 

.00210 MF and 62% residual
    Yes, you can roll the tax into the CAP cost. If you want to do that, just let them know, so they can re-do the paperwork. It's simple, but you want to check to make sure that no other numbers change.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• motomoto1motomoto1 Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:
     in NY state 

36k/10 for $745 month 

.00210 MF and 62% residual Yes, you can roll the tax into the CAP cost. If you want to do that, just let them know, so they can re-do the paperwork. It's simple, but you want to check to make sure that no other numbers change.
    Was this a good deal?
    motomoto1 said:

kyfdx said:

motomoto1 said:

in NY state 

36k/10 for $745 month 

.00210 MF and 62% residual
    Yes, you can roll the tax into the CAP cost. If you want to do that, just let them know, so they can re-do the paperwork. It's simple, but you want to check to make sure that no other numbers change.

Was this a good deal?

Sorry, but I don't follow the pricing for every make and model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ocram_00ocram_00 Member Posts: 7
    Will be wrapping up a deal on a 2017 2.0 Premium in a couple days with the following terms (financing through US Bank as monthly is lower: lower residual but even lower MF)

MSRP: $55,990
    Vehicle price: $53,150.2 ($500 above invoice)
    Residual: 59% on 36 month/12K miles
    MF: 0.00159 (3.82%)
    Fees: $895 acq/doc + $87 tag/title
    $0 down

$778/month with taxes included.

ocram_00 said:

Will be wrapping up a deal on a 2017 2.0 Premium in a couple days with the following terms (financing through US Bank as monthly is lower: lower residual but even lower MF)

MSRP: $55,990
    Vehicle price: $53,150.2 ($500 above invoice)
    Residual: 59% on 36 month/12K miles
    MF: 0.00159 (3.82%)
    Fees: $895 acq/doc + $87 tag/title
    $0 down

$778/month with taxes included.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator