Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• t_fowler76t_fowler76 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the Houston, TX area and am getting pricing for a 2017 Honda Accord SE, White Exterior with Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats, and Trunk Tray. USAA Member pricing suggests I should see pricing at $22,775 (including destination of $835 and including $338 for add-ons). Do you think I can beat that? TX tax is 6.25 I believe, so with that pricing I'd be looking at $24,500 OTD, roughly. I've seen deals better than that via this forum. What do y'all think? Thanks in advance! Also will be buying on December 29th or 30th...hopefully that will help with close-outs!
  • carsontscarsonts Member Posts: 4
    First, I want to say thank you for the insights into how to deal for a new car. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area. Just got an offer on a 2017 Accord Touring for $30,500 before TTL. MSRP was $35,665. I also was able to get 50% off dealer installed options (not sure if that is good or not). I sign tonight!
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2016
    So what's going on with the Hybrids near DC? Are dealers struggling to move them that badly? I've picked up a few more quotes this week, and I have a sale + destination price for a Hybrid EX-L at $27,673. Using the Edmunds invoice numbers that's...$3250 below invoice?!

Already spoke with this dealer and there's no funny business with $900 appearance packages or anything like it. A standard-for-Virginia $599 doc fee, regular tags/title, and that's it. I am also seeing standard EX-Ls for 2700 under invoice now.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    carsonts said:

First, I want to say thank you for the insights into how to deal for a new car. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area. Just got an offer on a 2017 Accord Touring for $30,500 before TTL. MSRP was $35,665. I also was able to get 50% off dealer installed options (not sure if that is good or not). I sign tonight!

That price is a bit better than 14% off your MSRP and the deal on the accessories is good too. Are you cruising in your new ride today?

I live in the Houston, TX area and am getting pricing for a 2017 Honda Accord SE, White Exterior with Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats, and Trunk Tray. USAA Member pricing suggests I should see pricing at $22,775 (including destination of $835 and including $338 for add-ons). Do you think I can beat that? TX tax is 6.25 I believe, so with that pricing I'd be looking at $24,500 OTD, roughly. I've seen deals better than that via this forum. What do y'all think? Thanks in advance! Also will be buying on December 29th or 30th...hopefully that will help with close-outs!

That's a good price. TMV for Houston is $24,637, about $300 below invoice.

$22,775 is ~16% below MSRP and last year at this time we wouldn't see anything close to that on a new '16 Accord. Enjoy!
    edited December 2016
    friarfunk said:

So what's going on with the Hybrids near DC? Are dealers struggling to move them that badly? I've picked up a few more quotes this week, and I have a sale + destination price for a Hybrid EX-L at $27,673. Using the Edmunds invoice numbers that's...$3250 below invoice?!

Already spoke with this dealer and there's no funny business with $900 appearance packages or anything like it. A standard-for-Virginia $599 doc fee, regular tags/title, and that's it. I am also seeing standard EX-Ls for 2700 under invoice now.

Got a bit of mission creep on the VA doc fees, it wasn't that long ago when the average was around $500. :) That's about all the dealer's profit in these deals so I can't grumble too much about them.

Don't know what to tell you about the Hybrid sales or sedan sales in general other than people want SUVs and Crossovers these days. Luxury SUVs just started outselling luxury cars. Supply and demand is working in your favor.

Oh, and don't ask me why NOVA/DC/MD is such a hotbed for Honda sales. Best hope that Warren Buffett doesn't buy all the dealer groups up there and raise prices $1,000.

Back to the numbers, you have it figured out. Another rule of thumb is that you are about 18% under MSRP. That's terrific too.
    edited December 2016
    Anyone buying? Anyone get overlooked? Anyone want to unlurk and post their numbers?
  • buccsfan22buccsfan22 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    Finished up my test drives and I am pretty sold on the 2017 Accord EX-L Sedan 4Cyl at this point. I am ready to get some quotes from dealers. Quick question, how do I go about emailing them. I don't see any email address for the dealership. Should I just find a car on their site and request a quote and in the comments say please contact by email and provide the OTD price and a breakdown of the purchase price and fees to get to the OTD price?
    Any help is greatly appreciated, first time buying a car and lurking here has helped already!
    Edit: In NJ btw (willing to buy in PA/NY if it's worth it)
    edited December 2016
    Hi @buccsfan22, welcome. Naturally you should go to our Accord pricing page and get some Price Promise quotes. :D

Excellent question though, and I'm not sure how most people get their quotes. I bet most buyers use the contact us forms on the dealership pages. The problem with most of those is that you don't have a copy of what you emailed and you may not want to fill in all the required fields.

Giving out personal info is an issue with our quotes service too, but you can use a temp email and Google Voice number if you want to avoid that. I used to do that for my personal car shopping but I've found that after my initial contact, I don't get spammed or called all that much, so I'm more upfront with my personal info these days. Salespeople don't have much patience with slow shoppers like me so they move on to the next sucker buyer pretty quick. :)

I also like to visit a dealer first for a test drive and I try to get the salesperson's email. I'm in no hurry and I usually don't talk numbers at the test drive visit. That gives me a name and face to connect with.

And you can get quotes through Honda's website too.

Yeah, asking for an OTD number is code for "I've done my research and I don't want to play games when I go to pay". And if you focus on the out the door price you don't care how they allocate your money to the fees and whatnot.

Remember that your best negotiating tool is your feet. Most of us rarely buy new cars and we all feel like first-timers when we haven't set foot in a dealership for five years. It's your money and if at any time in the process you don't feel like something is right, step back and think it over (that goes for email negotiations too). If you lose the car, there will be another truckload arriving at the dealer next week.

If you wind up at a dealership and have questions, you can get a faster response to any questions by calling or texting us - here's the contact info for our Smart Shopper team back in the home office. It's all free.
  • rooster98rooster98 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    This forum is really helpful in knowing the current market price of cars. I really appreciate the people who take their time to contribute to this forum

I am from Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicago Suburbs-Zip 60169) looking for a 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L CVT with Honda Sensing and Navigation with accessories: Body side molding, door edge guards, splash guard set, wheel locks. I have sent out emails for about 7 dealers in the area and the best pricing is as follows:

Sale Price: 26,821
    Accessories: 750
    Processing 169
    Tag/Title : 221

OTD before Tax: 27, 911

No trade and no finance. I hope to complete the deal next week.

Any suggestion/ comments are most welcome. Thanks!
    edited December 2016
    MSRP looks like $31,655 with destination but without your add-ons. Call it $32,405 with the accessories.

Your quote is around 15% off MSRP. Sounds good!
  • mc4nammc4nam Member Posts: 60
    @stever @brian125 I haven't started sending offers but one of my other choices in cars seems to be really aggressively priced. A new fully loaded 2017 Chevy Impala Premier with all options including the enhanced convenience package, Advanced technology package, adaptive cruise, navigation, upgraded paint, and 20" wheels. MSRP - $41,935. Got an Offer of $30,000 Out the door. Which is probably about $27,750 or better before TTL and all dealer fees. It would take 5k behind invoice to match that price on a Touring Accord.

I realize you Gentleman may not mess around with Impalas much but is this something I should consider? Impala, on paper, seems like way more car with more features but not sure about long term reliability vs Accord.

Sorry to throw this at you but I couldn't find much activity in "Impala Prices Paid". That may be a sign as well. :)

Example: Car is just like this one - https://edmunds.com/inventory/vin.html?radius=50&zip=75056&make=Chevrolet&model=Impala&sub=Impala%20Sedan&locationId=17085&franchiseId=57981&inventoryId=71FBE2AC0D7590E3728CE2319590A233&year=2017&trim=Premier&extcolor=&intcolor=&enginetype=&transmission=&drivetrain=&fueltype=
    edited December 2016
    I like 'em but they are pretty honking big (and I drive a minivan, lol). I'd go for the Malibu myself, but if you like it, why not?

I'd love the adaptive cruise and other goodies on the Chevy. I wouldn't like the 20" wheels (I much prefer 16s lol). But $11k off MSRP buys a lot of pricey tires. :) I'd think it'd be a great cruiser for Dallas and those long drives you have to do just to get to the next state over.

I can't explain the lack of prices paid posts on Chevys (or Fords or Fiats for that matter). The most pricing questions here are about Hondas (mostly Accords and CR-Vs), followed by RAV4. No other make/model hits critical mass for some reason, although we get plenty of leasing questions about all the makes.
    stever said:

I like 'em but they are pretty honking big (and I drive a minivan, lol). I'd go for the Malibu myself, but if you like it, why not?

I'd love the adaptive cruise and other goodies on the Chevy. I wouldn't like the 20" wheels (I much prefer 16s lol). But $11k off MSRP buys a lot of pricey tires. :) I'd think it'd be a great cruiser for Dallas and those long drives you have to do just to get to the next state over.

I can't explain the lack of prices paid posts on Chevys (or Fords or Fiats for that matter). The most pricing questions here are about Hondas (mostly Accords and CR-Vs), followed by RAV4. No other make/model hits critical mass for some reason, although we get plenty of leasing questions about all the makes.

Thanks @stever I currently have a Passat TDI that will be turned into VW on Jan 4th. Only real difference in exterior size is the Impala is 9" longer. Malibu just seemed so much more cramped on inside than Passat. Plus that 13 gallon gas tank is really small on Malibu. Am I getting sucked in by price or does that seem like a truly amazing deal on Impala. at 30k OTD...it is more like $15,400 once you consider TT&L $41,935.
    edited December 2016
    Over in our consumer reviews, some of the 2016 owners complain a bit about reliability but they are out-numbered. And people with no problems don't tend to complain. The two reporting 2017 owners love theirs. The '16 Accord reviews are about a half-star better.

I see you came out of an Element years ago and may have wound up in a Pilot. I can see why you'd feel cramped - my wife feels cramped in the loaner Cruze we've been using for two weeks.

Maybe you can talk the dealer into letting you have the Impala for a day or overnight.
    stever said:

Over in our consumer reviews, some of the 2016 owners complain a bit about reliability but they are out-numbered. And people with no problems don't tend to complain. The two reporting 2017 owners love theirs.

I see you came out of an Element years ago and may have wound up in a Pilot. I can see why you'd feel cramped - my wife feels cramped in the loaner Cruze we've been using for two weeks.

Maybe you can talk the dealer into letting you have the Impala for a day or overnight.

My wife had element she replaced it with 2008 Honda Pilot. Only 55k miles. She is still happy with it and enjoys no car note. I had 2002 4 door Tacoma pre-runner before 2013 Passat. The impala being larger and has better safety equipment than accord makes me tempted besides being cheaper. The 2017 CR-V Touring completely loaded MSRP at $33,500 comes out on 21st. I am sure that will be so hot that no discounts will happen.

Of course, the 20% off from Chevrolet promotion ends on the 12th of this month. You think that will be extended? Why would Chevrolet hamstring dealers and not push promotions out until end of year?
    edited December 2016
    Heh, it would make sense for sedan incentives to continue. But who knows. No one likes to make predictions about that stuff and get egg on their face. Or eggnog, this time of the year. :)

Looks like you drive them long enough not to be too concerned about the resale values - Hondas do better than most brands in that regard.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    mc4nam

Exceptional Resale value and reliability goes to Honda. 20' tires look great if roads are good in your area. You wont get 5k below invoice on a Accord. Terrible rear visibility on the Impala. 20% off Chevy will continue but must buy it at the very end of the month.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• honda888honda888 Member Posts: 17
    I'm down to $24,500 now on a 2017 EXL sedan CVT 4 banger, no nav, no sense
    Socal area.
    Wish me luck! I have to pick a color now...

Can I go lower?

Thanks again to this forum!
    honda888 said:

I'm down to $24,500 now on a 2017 EXL sedan CVT 4 banger, no nav, no sense
    Socal area.
    Wish me luck! I have to pick a color now...

Can I go lower?

Thanks again to this forum!

$24,500 before TTL
    edited December 2016
    Great deal, ~17% below MSRP (with destination) and $2,700 under the invoice of $27,197.

Lower? No way. :)

(Don't ask me how many times I've been wrong on price lol, lost count)
    edited December 2016
    thanks @stever!

Am I alone or do you guys get buyers remorse before even purchasing? lol... i do though...

One thing that's holding me back is that this is the last model year of the 9th Gen.
    What if the 2018 (10th gen) looks a lot better and IS better? Thoughts anyone?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    honda888 said:

thanks @stever!

Am I alone or do you guys get buyers remorse before even purchasing? lol... i do though...

One thing that's holding me back is that this is the last model year of the 9th Gen.
    What if the 2018 (10th gen) looks a lot better and IS better? Thoughts anyone?

You might want to join us here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/4011/general/x/chronic-car-buyers-anonymous/p1982

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• brainage2brainage2 Member Posts: 24

Is 26,500 good price in VA for 2017 EXL V4 including Nav and honda sensing. Includes Destination, TTL extra
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, TMV is about $1,000 below invoice - $27,953. So $26,500 would be another $1,500 off and that's around 16% off MSRP.

Seems like we were seeing $2,500 off invoice on the 2016s just a few weeks ago.
    edited December 2016
    Received some quotes through Edmunds and reaching out to a few dealerships for a 2017 Accord EX-L (4cyl, no sensing or Navi)

Best I have been quoted through Edmunds so far is around 25,500 (with $400-500 dealer doc fee) from a few dealers.

Got one quote for 24,360 (not including doc fee or destination) outside of Edmunds. (Reached out to them for doc fee and OTD)

Currently reaching out to everyone about providing an OTD price but receiving a bit of push back as you can imagine saying I need to go to the dealership.

Anyway, how do these quotes look? Thinking I can get a bit lower. For reference, zip code is 08046.

Thanks!
    edited December 2016
    Hi @buccsfan22, welcome TMV for your zip is $1,001 below the invoice of $27,197.

Your $24,360 quote is ~18% below MSRP and well below invoice and TMV. If the fees are okay, it looks like an excellent deal.

Thanks for the comments comparing quotes from Edmunds and from the dealers. Nice to see that "our" dealers aren't too far off and better than TMV.
    @stever Thanks for the info!

I edited the post above once I realized that the 24,360 did not include the destination or doc fee. That brings it more in line and probably higher than the Edmunds offers. Looks like I am at 1,697 under invoice with the 25,500 offers (think I did that right). Going to wait until I hear back with OTD quotes and try to get these dealers to compete with each other.

Thanks again!
    You're on the right track - good luck!
  • hazelroguehazelrogue Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    I didn't see this forum until now...a few days after making my purchase: 2017 EX-L 4 cyl (no sensing, no Navi).
    $25000 + $399 doc fee (ugh!) + tax + $300 TTL. OK deal?

If I didn't feel a bit of pressure because my lease ends Wednesday and holidays are coming up...I would've kept negotiating over email with all dealers. But I spent 1 week and a half contacting about 7 dealers. I ended up with a dealer quoting me $25696, made one last ditch effort with 2 other dealers Saturday morning knowing it might get them to quote me better to get me in the door on Saturday. I got the $25,000 offer I was waiting on. I don't think it's exceptional pricing, just ok. If I had 1 more weekend I would've pushed for the $24000 a bit more. Next time I have to give myself a good month to start shopping but hopefully I can decide earlier on what car I want. I was convincing myself that maybe it was going to be a used luxury car: Benz, Lexus, etc and then I talked myself out of it.
    Hi @hazelrogue, welcome! Better late than never. :)

Your price was a bit under invoice so you got an okay deal.

I don't know if extra time helps, sometimes that just confuses people more. Well, me, anyway. :D
    stever said:

I don't know if extra time helps, sometimes that just confuses people more. Well, me, anyway. :D

@stever 25k is well under invoice ($27,196), no?

@hazelrogue where did you purchase?
  • vwdieselvwdiesel Member Posts: 46
    Buying a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 sedan on 1.4.17(the day we return our VW diesel). So far at $29,412.00 out the door in SE MI(total is about $1,68.00 below invoice). Still waiting to hear back from multiple dealers(3 of which I have bought a Honda from). Am I getting close to a good/great price yet?
    edited December 2016
    honda888 said:

stever said:

@stever 25k is well under invoice ($27,196), no?

@hazelrogue where did you purchase?
    Hm, yeah, must have been clicking on the wrong trim. We show invoice to be 27,297 with destination. It's getting to be an even better deal for @hazelrogue. :)

Thanks for catching that!

edited December 2016
    vwdiesel said:

Buying a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 sedan on 1.4.17(the day we return our VW diesel). So far at $29,412.00 out the door in SE MI(total is about $1,68.00 below invoice). Still waiting to hear back from multiple dealers(3 of which I have bought a Honda from). Am I getting close to a good/great price yet?

Hi @vwdiesel, I know Port Huron (no great deals) and the UP (few dealers) but I don't know much about the rest of lower Michigan. Had a car fixed at St. Clair Shores a few years back. :)

For a Detroit zip, TMV is about $50 more than the $29,089 invoice.

I'm pegging your selling price at 13.5% below MSRP ($31,730) so you're doing good. $2,100 off invoice/15% off MSRP might be doable if you find a hungry dealer - I was getting 10% kind of quotes when I shopped CR-Vs over in Madison and Ashland WI. In your bigger market, you may be able to swing the $2,100 off for an Accord there, but TMV isn't encouraging.

Good luck!
    So looks like $29,000.00 out the door will get me to 15% off MSRP. It's good to have a target to shoot for. Thanks, Stever.
    12% is the usual outer limit but sedan sales are off, Honda sales are flat, so it's worth a shot.

Probably best not to let the dealers know your turn-in appointment for the TDI is "soon".
    I told them I would be making a cash purchase on 1.4.17 thinking it was a good idea to have a deadline? It's still 3 weeks away.
    edited December 2016
    That could be the "last day of the year" for making their quota.

One theory is that you go into the dealer letting them know you are ready to buy a car "today". That supposedly puts pressure on them to come up with a good number fast without a lot of games.

Another theory is that you don't tell the dealer that you "need" a car today (usually a wreck scenario). Doing that supposedly puts the dealer in the driver's seat for and results in a higher price. The best negotiating tool is being willing and able to walk out. But maybe you have another car to drive if worse comes to worse.

You're early enough out that the dealers probably just think that you are shopping price and maybe that you are counting on a big Christmas bonus.

Who knows - the theories are kind of fun but dealers sell cars every day and have seen it all and they won't lose money on a deal. Sometimes I think you get to the same place if you just lay everything out right off the bat and cut to the chase, especially if you've done your research.
    Good advice, thanks Stever.
  • hazelroguehazelrogue Member Posts: 7
    @stever @honda888 thanks. Ill send dealer name via inbox. I couldn't get a few of them to budge below $26000 so then I knew it was time to get aggressive and just make sure they knew I was in the market today and not tomorrow (which was the complete truth). So I started to give my number of $25k after the full week of asking them for THEIR best price and asking them if they'll take my offer with dest. Included. 1 dealer rejected offer, another dealer said yes, another dealer was a bit harsh in their reply-so i dropped them. So i used the accepted quote to get the others to compete but I ran out of time Saturday, so I went into closest dealer (the one that rejected my offer initially)  and i showed them quote and they matched it. I don't mind negotiating while reminding myself I have nothing to lose and If they start to hate my ways then I know I'm doing something right. I try to be very respectful with them while pushing for more. One thing im not good at is when it comes to negotiating extras like tints, rims, warranties etc so i just think of the car as bare. I don't want them to use any extras as a means to never go as low as possible on their pricing. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    vwdiesel said:

I told them I would be making a cash purchase on 1.4.17 thinking it was a good idea to have a deadline? It's still 3 weeks away.

Current Honda programs end on 01/03/2017. Might want to try for that day.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx for the update. Was hoping to do a plate transfer with the VW to Accord on 1.4.17 but cost savings should more than pay for a new plate if I buy the day before.
    @stever @brian125 It is not an Accord but I just wanted to share the deal I got since you guys answered so many questions and were very helpful. Bought a used 2016 Passat PSEV 1.8t SE with Technology with 12k miles for $19,582 out the door. Edmunds shows trade in at $19538. Invoice on a new one is 28k..If I could find a 2016 new I could probably get it for $24k at best which is about $26,500 out the door. I figure keeping 7k in my pocket is worth 12k miles. The car is Gray with light gray interior. Thanks again for all the suggestions and help!
    Sounds nice, congrats!
    One of the Honda sales person just mentioned that American Honda Finance has an incentive if you finance with them. He doesn't have the details but is checking it out. Said in the past it might be an additional $500 or more off. Was going to pay cash but I could just pay it off after a month. Anyone know of this program. Thanks for the help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    vwdiesel said:

One of the Honda sales person just mentioned that American Honda Finance has an incentive if you finance with them. He doesn't have the details but is checking it out. Said in the past it might be an additional $500 or more off. Was going to pay cash but I could just pay it off after a month. Anyone know of this program. Thanks for the help.

There is a $1000 incentive for the dealer, buy/lease/finance. Also, 0.9% for up to 60 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Is the $1000 incentive usually passed onto the buyer?
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    I just had a dealer call me back with a $1000 incentive on the hybrid if we finance with Honda.   He said it was new this week.  Buying tomorrow--the sale price is now a stunning $26555 for the EX-L hybrid!  $4300 under invoice.

They must REALLY want to hit that 30,000 hybrids target.

My dealer just called me back, said the $1,000 incentive is just for the hybrid Accord also.