Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for November 2016 - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2016 in BMW
imageMonthly Update for November 2016 - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

We've got the latest report on Edmunds' 2016 BMW 340i long-term test car. Read on for updates on performance, maintenance, mpg and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    You drive this BMW on dry roads and now wet roads, and pronounce it an all-weather sports sedan? That leaves out quite a bit of weather.

Just like the Honda Pilot...take it up to Tahoe on a ski trip and tell me after that whether or not it's got real all-weather capability.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm glad to see the car is achieving close to its EPA Combined rating overall, but how close to the Highway rating does it come on highway trips? Is 30+ mpg consistent?
  • SadButTrueSadButTrue Member Posts: 48
    @darthbimmer

I'm glad to see the car is achieving close to its EPA Combined rating overall, but how close to the Highway rating does it come on highway trips? Is 30+ mpg consistent?

In a word, bigtime. When I drove it to Seattle and got the 34.6-mpg tank (our current record), it was just one of multiple 30+ mpg fills on the trip. Brent turned in a 32.5-mpg tank recently on an LA to Fresno run. EPA Highway looks legit from where I sit.

-JS